U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2010, 10:01 AM

3,115 posts, read 2,280,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Mmmm, yes....sorry about your Mother Starbugster. I get what you're saying although it applies to me somewhat differently. There was a part of me that had to die when it comes to fundamental Christianity and the belief in eternal torment. It was always a form of "torture" to even believe in it.....it tortured me day and night. I did all kinds of crazy things to drown out the thought of it. How could a loving God burn most of His creation for all of eternity? It never made sense and there's a reason for that....it's not true!!! Praise God!

Thanks to the loving CU's and their willingness to share in the Christianity sub-forum I was able to learn the real truth of universal reconciliation, that the majority of mainstream Christianity does not want to hear or believe. Why that is is beyond me because it sure is good news and it's completely biblical. I encourage anyone who is struggling with the doctrine of ET to look into Christian Universalism and universal reconciliation.

Letting go of what we have been taught all of our lives is EXTREMELY difficult and apparently impossible for some people. Those who adhere to ET and call CU's heretical must like the idea of ET, I don't know....I just don't get it. I was force fed ET and radicalism by family members and I know what you mean about how hard it is to leave all that behind.

I also had many experiences like yours with nature....one in particular that showed me, although I didn't really get it fully at the time, that God is not the God of ET, not even remotely close. I believe that experience is what started me on the journey of learning the real truth of UR. It opened my mind and heart and that's what needs to happen in order to be able to embrace something so foreign than what has been taught and drilled into your head. UR's get called some terrible things along with heretics but it's ok......that speaks volumes to me about the truth of it all.
i'am fighting back the tears this a.m. some of the family is wanting to go E.T. church for worship and i don't believe i could tolerate if if tried, it's just too abusive. oh and expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 10:33 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,771,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
i'am fighting back the tears this a.m. some of the family is wanting to go E.T. church for worship and i don't believe i could tolerate if if tried, it's just too abusive. oh and expensive.
I understand that Gabfest, it's overwhelmingly sad that the lie of ET has been able to penetrate the hearts and minds of people for so long and it's still so prevalent. It's like going to church to celebrate the birth of Christ at Christmas, all the while trying to put out of your mind the fact that most of humanity that has already died is burning in the lake of fire????? Come on, people, can't you see that this is wrong? How does THAT make any sense?

Old 12-26-2010, 10:33 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,088,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Mmmm, yes....sorry about your Mother Starbugster. I get what you're saying although it applies to me somewhat differently. There was a part of me that had to die when it comes to fundamental Christianity and the belief in eternal torment. It was always a form of "torture" to even believe in it.....it tortured me day and night. I did all kinds of crazy things to drown out the thought of it. How could a loving God burn most of His creation for all of eternity? It never made sense and there's a reason for that....it's not true!!! Praise God!

Thanks to the loving CU's and their willingness to share in the Christianity sub-forum I was able to learn the real truth of universal reconciliation, that the majority of mainstream Christianity does not want to hear or believe. Why that is is beyond me because it sure is good news and it's completely biblical. I encourage anyone who is struggling with the doctrine of ET to look into Christian Universalism and universal reconciliation.

Letting go of what we have been taught all of our lives is EXTREMELY difficult and apparently impossible for some people. Those who adhere to ET and call CU's heretical must like the idea of ET, I don't know....I just don't get it. I was force fed ET and radicalism by family members and I know what you mean about how hard it is to leave all that behind.

I also had many experiences like yours with nature....one in particular that showed me, although I didn't really get it fully at the time, that God is not the God of ET, not even remotely close. I believe that experience is what started me on the journey of learning the real truth of UR. It opened my mind and heart and that's what needs to happen in order to be able to embrace something so foreign than what has been taught and drilled into your head. UR's get called some terrible things along with heretics but it's ok......that speaks volumes to me about the truth of it all.
Well...you'll have to work your way around some scripture:

"The Son of Man shall send out His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who do iniquity, and shall cast them into a furnace of fire. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
(Mat 13:41-42)

"So it shall be at the end of the world. The angels shall come out and separate the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
Mat 13:49-50

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels!"
"These, then, will be sent off to eternal punishment, but the righteous will go to eternal life."
(Mat 25:41 & 46)

"And if your foot offends you, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life lame than to have two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched where
their worm (conscience) dies not, and the fire is not quenched."
(Mark 9:45-46)

"And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am tormented in this flame."
(Luke 16:23-24)

"He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, because their deeds were evil."
(John 3:18-19)

" - in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God and who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, ...."
(2Th 1:8-9)

"And a third angel followed them, saying with a great voice, If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives a mark in his forehead or in his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the anger of God, having been mixed undiluted in the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented by fire and brimstone before the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever. And they have no rest day or night, those who worship the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."
(Rev 14:9-11)

"And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire."
(Rev 20:15)

"But the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, will have their part in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
(Rev 21:8)

Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 AM

27,236 posts, read 40,387,576 times
"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus."

Old 12-26-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
How is it "expensive"? I've never put a dime in a collection plate.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
How is it "expensive"? I've never put a dime in a collection plate.
We used to donate 10% of our gross and for years my ex wife and I both worked...me with two jobs. It took me till age 60 to throw all of it aside. Now my present wife and I give all our charitable donations to OperationSmile and UNICEF.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:14 PM

6,644 posts, read 3,876,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Hey! I'm not the one who has to support belief in virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, feeding 5000 with two fish and five loaves, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead with the wave of a hand...and most importantly, hanging a man on a log, bleeding him like a hog and then believing that two days later he was fit as a fiddle.

P.T. Barnum again...there's a sucker born every minute.
There YOU go, AGAIN...all hung up on the "beliefs about" God and Jesus...written in some book, by evil men on a quest for power, control, and money.
What does any of that have to do with what I wrote in the post you quoted? I don't believe ANY of that stuff.

But that still doesn't negate the fact that the majority of the world can "see" something (God) that you can't.

You are soooooooo mentally irregular over the adulteration of that book...that you can't see anything beyond that. And you hold up those twisted and polluted passages, as if they are some kind of "measuring stick" that "proves" there isn't any God!

YOU, and the rest that are all obsessed with that book...and it's unsubstantiated "assigned attributes"...are the bigtime "suckers".
Those with TRUE knowledge and wisdom dump that load quick...they don't carry it around, wallow in it, and agonize over it, for the rest of their life.

Get a clue.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
We used to donate 10% of our gross and for years my ex wife and I both worked...me with two jobs. It took me till age 60 to throw all of it aside. Now my present wife and I give all our charitable donations to OperationSmile and UNICEF.
There's your trouble. I never felt the obligation.

Charity begins at home.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
There YOU go, AGAIN...all hung up on the "beliefs about" God and Jesus...written in some book, by evil men on a quest for power, control, and money.
What does any of that have to do with what I wrote in the post you quoted? I don't believe ANY of that stuff.

But that still doesn't negate the fact that the majority of the world can "see" something (God) that you can't.

You are soooooooo mentally irregular over the adulteration of that book...that you can't see anything beyond that. And you hold up those twisted and polluted passages, as if they are some kind of "measuring stick" that "proves" there isn't any God!

YOU, and the rest that are all obsessed with that book...and it's unsubstantiated "assigned attributes"...are the bigtime "suckers".
Those with TRUE knowledge and wisdom dump that load quick...they don't carry it around, wallow in it, and agonize over it, for the rest of their life.

Get a clue.
I think I have a clue.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:53 PM

6,644 posts, read 3,876,810 times
Quote:
I think I have a clue.
Ooooooooh MAN! I just figured out ^^^ the root of your "problem"!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality