Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:23 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,686 times

Advertisements

I would like to keep this thread on a more serious tone, based on facts. Lets not turn it into a humorous "little green thread."

Over the past few months now we have had some very serious credible individuals come forward claiming aliens are visiting earth and have been for some time. Everything from former top military officials, to governors, to NASA officials and so on. People who have a lot to loose by placing their name on the line. This combined with lots of new evidence. Many of these sources have absolutely no reason to lie.

This thread is also not intended to be a slap in the face or any religion. None of the major religions proclaim we are alone in the universe. So the notion that all Christians would be proven wrong if there were aliens, is BS.

Over 82% of Americans now believe we are being visited. Not that a poll of this nature matters, but it does indicate perhaps we are willing to accept other life forms and we will not all go crazy if it disclosed to us.

Where they are from, or what they want I'm not sure about, but I 100% believe they exists and predict we will all soon know the truth. How will this likely change life as we know it on this planet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 12:56 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
How will it affect life on this planet as we know it? Well for one thing it sure is going to be a kick in the butt for all the major religions in this world, but then again they might realize that God is an alien, I mean, stop and think about that, this all-powerful super being that nobody sees would have to be an alien and you can bet sure enough that one of the major religions will claim him for their own, however on a more serious note, I totally think it's presumptuous of us to think that out of all of the entire universe that we are the only planet with life on it, notice I didn't say intelligent life, because that's still debatable, as large as the universe is and we really have no way of knowing just how big it is, there has to be other planets out there with far more intelligent life than we are and who is to say that life on this planet is not some kind of an alien experiment and we're all just a part of it. Interesting scenario.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:57 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,257 times
I would love to see aliens!! I do believe extraterrestrial beings very much possible, it would be insane not to think that we are all alone in the never endless space. I don't, however, 100% believe that they do resemble humans in any way, i'm more in line of primitive beings, microbes of some type, but living indeed.
On the other hand, i've always been fascinated by religious paintings, how all of the Holy have halo above their heads, how a lot of them have very interesting (alien) eyes, and all are always coming out of the skies.
It would be indeed quiet amazing if those Holy ones, are actual visitors to our planet, a long long time ago, unexplained, thus kept people believing in what we call today "Gods"

EZEKIEL 1:4- 1:24
4And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
5Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
6And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
7And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
8And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.
9Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.
10As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
11Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.
12And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went.
13As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.
14And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
15Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.
16The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.
17When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.
18As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.
19And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
20Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
21When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
22And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.
23And under the firmament were their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side, their bodies.
24And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.
25And there was a voice from the firmament that was over their heads, when they stood, and had let down their wings.
26And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
27And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
28As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:35 PM

89 posts, read 303,304 times
if any alien comes near me he can expect a face full of buckshot

Old 11-30-2008, 01:56 PM

917 posts, read 2,299,304 times
I've thought for a long time now that god was an alien. I think this COULD be a really good thread. Anyone have links to anything recently going on? Pertaining to ufos or aliens I mean.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1234 View Post
if any alien comes near me he can expect a face full of buckshot
I saw this and I just had to reply.....lol... how do you know we're not already here and that you haven't already met us......lol...

Last edited by ptsum; 11-30-2008 at 02:13 PM..

Old 11-30-2008, 02:07 PM

ShepsMom, I have to tell you I read that passage and it sure sounds like an excellent description of aliens to me, you think maybe Ezekiel had a close encounter of the third kind.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:11 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,431 times
There is nothing stopping me from saying that God could have made other life forms on other planets. Why not?

Old 11-30-2008, 02:19 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Years ago I read a series of three books by Erik von Danikan (google him for more) who was really good, imo, at paralleling Ezekial and other books and events of the OT to alien visitation..Very convincing I have no trouble with the theory that aliens have visited us here on this planet before, then and now..

Old 11-30-2008, 02:23 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Isn't there something in the bible somewhere (I'll need to go take a look, this is just off the top of my head) that implies that Earth is the only planet that fell to sin? If that's the case, why would sinless aliens visit us -- at least in terms of religious opinion.

Then again, I don't believe much out of the bible is actual fact, and I would truly love to know that aliens are here, and that there's someone else out there. I've always felt this is the case, but of course without fact to back it up it's just speculation.

And yes, your gods could be aliens with advanced technology, and not gods after all. Now wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? I'd love to see that happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality