U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever seen this before, it has been online 10 years
Yes, for the last 6 months to 3 years 1 5.56%
Yes, for the last five years 1 5.56%
Yes, for the last 10 years 1 5.56%
No, the first time was here 1 5.56%
I could care less and won't look at it further 13 72.22%
I find it intresting, I have looked at the linked website 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:11 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,173,600 times

Advertisements

I don't, I just wanted to point out that they who think 666 is such a bad number are probably wrong.

I learned about the error on QI, the British show. SuSu, you'd really like the show, it's on YouTube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 09:12 AM

2,838 posts, read 4,045,816 times
Numerology only has the value in which you, as a person, apply to it. If you see it a some kind of magical fortune telling formula then so be it, as for my self, I see it as fun with numbers BS.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:30 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,446,664 times
Isn't this the sort of thing that people in padded cells spend their days comtemplating?

Old 02-01-2009, 09:35 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,595,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Isn't this the sort of thing that people in padded cells spend their days comtemplating?

!

Old 02-01-2009, 10:21 AM

6,343 posts, read 8,518,578 times
Can I ask the one million dollar question....WHO THE HELL SAYS THAT god WOULD REVEAL THIS THING TO PEOPLE WHO ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH? WHY NOT CHINESE, AS THERE ARE MORE CHINESE SPEAKERS ON EARTH THAN THERE ARE SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH?

Anyhow, when one takes the original context that Revelation was written in, i.e., in the year 100-ish in Greece, and than takes the number of the beast, 666, and uses the numeric value of the ROMAN ALPHABET (the English language wasn't even around when Revelation was written...) and what do you spell out perfectly?....

Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, aka, CALIGULA

Who was Caligula? A Roman Emperor who ruled from 37-41 AD, and who wanted people to worship him as a god and have statues erected in his honor everywhere, including the temple of Jerusalem....just like the anti-christ wants in Revelation. Also, if one did not make a sacrifice in the name of the emperor than one was banned from doing trade in Rome...just like in Revelation.

So, all Revelation was was a bunch of ramblingings of a man who never met anyone who met anyone who knew Christ about his beef with Nero and the other Roman emperors.

also, it says in the first epistle of John, 4:3...

Quote:
But every spirit who does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist. You have heard that he is coming, and now he is already in the world.
So, we clearly see that the anti-christ was around back than too, and is not some future tyrannt of the Book of Revelation.

You know, one thing the great theologan Thomas Aquinas said was that instead of searching for the anti-chirts without, why not look for the anti-christ within? Are you an anti-christ? Do you preach the Gospel one day and do the opposite the next?

To look for the anti-christ without instead of battling the anti-christ within is to absolve one's self of guilt instead of trying to be Christ like in this life. Like a certain famous evangelist who preached against the anti-christ on Sundays and yet slept with male prostitutes the Saturday before, it's a sign of absolute spiritual fraud and laziness to look to the news or world leaders for the mark of the beast...the true horror and struggle must come when you look into your soul, and try to see if the mark of the beast is there.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:21 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,595,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Can I ask the one million dollar question....WHO THE HELL SAYS THAT god WOULD REVEAL THIS THING TO PEOPLE WHO ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH? WHY NOT CHINESE, AS THERE ARE MORE CHINESE SPEAKERS ON EARTH THAN THERE ARE SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH?

Anyhow, when one takes the original context that Revelation was written in, i.e., in the year 100-ish in Greece, and than takes the number of the beast, 666, and uses the numeric value of the ROMAN ALPHABET (the English language wasn't even around when Revelation was written...) and what do you spell out perfectly?....

Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, aka, CALIGULA

Who was Caligula? A Roman Emperor who ruled from 37-41 AD, and who wanted people to worship him as a god and have statues erected in his honor everywhere, including the temple of Jerusalem....just like the anti-christ wants in Revelation. Also, if one did not make a sacrifice in the name of the emperor than one was banned from doing trade in Rome...just like in Revelation.

So, all Revelation was was a bunch of ramblingings of a man who never met anyone who met anyone who knew Christ about his beef with Nero and the other Roman emperors.

also, it says in the first epistle of John, 4:3...

So, we clearly see that the anti-christ was around back than too, and is not some future tyrannt of the Book of Revelation.

You know, one thing the great theologan Thomas Aquinas said was that instead of searching for the anti-chirts without, why not look for the anti-christ within? Are you an anti-christ? Do you preach the Gospel one day and do the opposite the next?

To look for the anti-christ without instead of battling the anti-christ within is to absolve one's self of guilt instead of trying to be Christ like in this life. Like a certain famous evangelist who preached against the anti-christ on Sundays and yet slept with male prostitutes the Saturday before, it's a sign of absolute spiritual fraud and laziness to look to the news or world leaders for the mark of the beast...the true horror and struggle must come when you look into your soul, and try to see if the mark of the beast is there.

Dear Victorian, punk or not, i hear you. didn't earn me a lot of rep. points though - the social climate is determined by the elites, you know: lock shop, so to speak.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:00 PM

73 posts, read 115,735 times
Numerology is something that is totally random, here only one alphabet system is used based on what the program found as mentioned in previous posts. So we are not doing numerology based on the loosely defined definition used here. We are however doing mathematics based one 1 (one) numeric alphabet encryption. The same mathematics you use to verify and pay your bills, the only difference you are using words and letters.

Keep in mind according to scripture, specifically Revelation over two thirds of mankind accept the future Antichrist as God. Regardless of every effort by Christians, myself and even God's warnings, 2/3 accept Antichrist to their peril. So I have accepted that you can only help those who really want it.

So whenever I talk about this subject it is to the 1/3 representation that may or may not be here.

At the end if we are actually starting to approach that time, and if this is not a false alarm then even if you reject this information today it would still be wise to take a serious look, you might find yourself changing your mind in the future.

Lastly so far every rubuttal, arguement and jokes are discussed on one of the many pages of the site I referred. My guess is that most who reject this information today about half of those will turn back and undertand it in the future. The other half that reject it will end up being part of the 2/3's that follow the future Antichrist.

If it was up to me I would give everyone a free pass but God does make it clear at the end you must choose. Jesus Christ or Antichrist its one choice or the other and the reason I say that is because the Antichrist not Jesus Christ forces you to choose.

At the end there will be no freedom of religion, you either will accept Antichrist or Jesus Christ. Obviously if you accept Jesus Christ the Antichrist will eventually have you put to death. If you accept Antichrist and his buying and selling mark then at Jesus' second coming the Holy Angels will pour out punishment and then execute you. So your dead either way, one leads to Salvation and Jesus, the other leads to a place you will forever regret and then the second death in the lake of fire.

Do not reject Jesus because of those who are not real Christians and don't waste your time searching for churches, start by reading the Bible starting yourself and read the new testament first. Be sure to ask at least once for Jesus to prove himself to you supernatually. Once again I dare the skeptics to ask God to prove himself using the name of Jesus Christ when you ask. Some of you that ask will get instant supernatural proof because it is connected to this thread. Others that ask God may still have to wait but IF YOU ASK, even if nothing happens at first, I believe you will have proof from Jesus before the Antichrist comes to his full power. Jesus really does love you and Jesus really is alive. If you ask Jesus WILL SAVE you. I'm not talking about church stuff, I'm talking about you and the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ one on one personally and privately.

For those that might ask what Bible translation to use, I recommend the (New American Standard) NAB or the (Revised Standard Version) RSV These versions are the best when dealing with and studying end time prophecy.

Last edited by GotGot; 02-01-2009 at 01:07 PM..

Old 02-01-2009, 12:11 PM

43,858 posts, read 43,670,186 times
Considering God is the Master Physicist of the Universe....of course everything in our world is combined in numbers and formulas. It isn't as though we are coming up with something new because we attend Harvard or comprehend Einsteins theories. No matter what we think we know....it only scratches the surface of God's complete knowledge of all things. As Christians we should get out of the box more and really look into some of the scientific/physics facts out there. Incredible stuff!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:15 PM

By the way GotGot is a play on words of course on the Got syndrome. You know "Got Milk

In German the word Gott means God

Mein Gott - My God

Old 02-01-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
I can't believe that anyone actually believes this numerology crap.
So what do you believe? You believe gravity exists yet science still to this day cannot see it. Yet it exists.

Man has developed equations that prove the atom exists even to the point developing nuclear weapons, yet science to this day cannot see an atom even with an electron mircroscope. Yet the math done by science when it is done correctly proves that atom exists, though never seen.

If you went to any country in the 1700's with a cell phone a blackberry and a BMW ,they would worship you as a God, or kill you as a devil.

To them the cell phone would not be technology it would be magic.

Think about it.

Here is something to consider, trillions of phone connections are made every 12 hours worldwide. These connections for this post to start with then faxs, telephone calls, ATM purchaces, Credit cards so on and so forth. Less than .027 of 1 percent (aprrox) of those calls fail to reach their destination due to our current technology. Imagine all those calls going to a specific place each for a specific purpose, money being transphered, messages being left, good friends chatting it up etc. All of those calls are possible by something man created with very few ever getting lost, trillions of times a day.

So man created an awesome communication grid that travels the airwaves on binary encryption from uplink to satellite footprint back to your phone or computer usally in less than a second.

So it is easy to conclude if God exists then he has a comunication system as well, in fact it is the ultimate comunication network. At birth you had it, as an adult all you have to do is upload your request, prayer or chit chat and God will turn on your transponder. Ping God, talking to the air is like talking in God's ear and I mean like right in his ear.

God in Jesus Christ never misses a call, so call God with your built in telephone in Jesus' name. If man's technology can process trillions of calls a day missing very few then surely God won't miss your call. So phone home.

Last edited by GotGot; 02-01-2009 at 02:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality