U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2009, 03:04 AM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,316,038 times
Reputation: 730

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Actually "NO" you will need to define terms, how are you using "*" and what is the significance of "^" particularly in reference to C, What is c to the ^ power? times 2? what is it's relationship? since there is no proof that E=m*c^2 no reasonable inference can be made. Gibberish does not constitute proof. Or, are you claiming this to be mathematical speaking in tongues?

In most programming languages E=m*c^2 is the equivalent of E = mc˛.

In any event, trying to see through OP's writing, I think he's basically asking of a Star Trek Transporter is actually feasible in theory, LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2009, 04:16 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,004,845 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I don't think i've ever read any convincing evidence of such ideas from the quran. They're very ambiguous - for example, your moon cracks and Allah spliting the moon theory. Technology would not be at its current stage with such poor scientific scrutiny.
may be you are not convinced , and there are many others will not ever convinced with quran
but i can give you some scientist ( real scientists and experts ) who convinced with quran words .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 04:39 AM
 
Location: Brussels, Belgium
971 posts, read 1,511,602 times
Reputation: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun
my point is we should stop find a scientific cause for the existence of God
Really? I though it was the exact opposite: you were trying to explain how a miracle could be scientifically possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill
it's amazing that scientist in the world live all thier life within researches and theories and discoveries , then come up with idea which exist in quran ( even if muslims themselfs didn't realise it ).
In my opinion, it's because this knowledge is not in the Qur'an. But the Qur'an is sufficiently vague that Muslim apologetics can find sentences to interpret to make them fit with scientific knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill
but anyway are you need examples
quran mentioned that allah splitted the moon into two halfs as a miracle for mohammed (pbuh) , the scientist discovered that there are great cracks in the body of the moon , and it's reasons are under research .
muslims believes that these cracks caused of splitting of the moon as quran mentioned .
can you consider this example a good one for the facts quran mentioned allready while it stills under research scientifically ?
That's not what I'm looking for. Are there examples of discoveries made because of the Qur'an? Did those scientists read the Qur'an and then went looking for the cracks?
One would think that if the Qur'an was so full of scientific knowledge, Muslims would use it to make new discoveries.

(Besides, as you said, "its reasons are under research". As far as I know, the hypothesis that the moon was once split in two is not mainstream science.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 05:04 AM
 
787 posts, read 1,521,689 times
Reputation: 476
Quote:
may be you are not convinced , and there are many others will not ever convinced with quran
but i can give you some scientist ( real scientists and experts ) who convinced with quran words .
do you have any who have web pages up that I can read?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 06:31 AM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,035,642 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Really? I though it was the exact opposite: you were trying to explain how a miracle could be scientifically possible.
science.)

i mean the existence of God scientifically

and regarding the miracles all of them or some of them we are very far a way to reach even to its Theoretical rules

here comes the submission to God and then the believe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 07:27 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,004,845 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
do you have any who have web pages up that I can read?

i'm not sure from what you want
but anyway , in this site you will find samples

Science Islam - Scientists Comment on the Quran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 07:44 AM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,035,642 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
39 Said an 'Ifrit, of the Jinns: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted."

40 Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !"
it seems that the throne was brought by a scientific cause

because the first one who said that he would bring it he said that he has full strength for the purpose
and the time he will take to bring it is before the prophet Solomon rise from council (how much time in minutes i do not know)

and the second one who we are not sure who he was , God told us that he has knowledge of the Book


the first one had the ability
the second one had the knowledge of the book

what knowledge ?
what book ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 11:18 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,004,845 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
In my opinion, it's because this knowledge is not in the Qur'an. But the Qur'an is sufficiently vague that Muslim apologetics can find sentences to interpret to make them fit with scientific knowledge.
may be you are right and may be you are wrong
what about private discussion between us to find out if sentences really interpreted to make them fit with scientific knowledge ?

Quote:
That's not what I'm looking for. Are there examples of discoveries made because of the Qur'an? Did those scientists read the Qur'an and then went looking for the cracks?
One would think that if the Qur'an was so full of scientific knowledge, Muslims would use it to make new discoveries.
off course i know some examples , but unfortunatly i have no proofs for you ( i just read it in islamic and arabic books , sometimes hear it from muslims scholars) , it will make my examples doubtfull or biased from your sight of view.
it will not be intellegence to mention it as a proof or s a facts
i'm alwys trying to find proofs which can support me from unislamic and pure scientific sites

and how many of muslims are scientists or how many of them have the ability (money) to proof something about quran ! and why they will need to ?

roaxlen
i have to confess to you that quran not book of science , we don't use it make discoveries , we use it in the first place for strengthen our faith

the scientific miracles in the Holy Quran come to surface just to challange the unbelievers and at the same time to give the strong evidence that it is God's word .Unbelievers who read these miracles are supposed to believe that Quran is God's word . prophet Mohummed was unlettered man , who lived in the desert most of his life where there were no possible means to communicate with the places of civilization , thought such technological discoveries were not known in any place in the time of prophet Mohummed . There are many miracles and proofs latent in the Holy Quran ; they are numerous . When Quran refers to the scientific fact that were proved recently it attracts the attention to God's supreme greatness in creation , when man poders about these verses and associate them with the discovered facts , he will realy feel afraid and inferior to God ,God says in the Holy Quran in this concern what means
" The erudite among His bondsmen fear Allah alone. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Forgiving."
More over Quran calls man to ponder and speculate about His miracles of creation
"53. We shall show them (unbelievers) Our portents on the horizons and within themselves until it will be manifest unto them that it is (quran) the Truth. Doth not thy Lord suffice, since He is Witness over all things?[41:53]


Quote:
(Besides, as you said, "its reasons are under research". As far as I know, the hypothesis that the moon was once split in two is not mainstream science.)
i actually intended to say that it's under research , i just give you practical examples for scientific issue under_research although muslims know by thier faith in quran the actual reasons for it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 03:11 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,035,642 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Now, show me an example where scientists used the Qur'an to make a new discovery, rather than interpreting and twisting words to make its words fit current scientific knowledge. Did Einstein discover his famous formula because of this bit of Qu'ran? I don't think so.
here is a direct prophecy but it is not from the quran

it is from the hadith which is the prophet saying

"If a fly falls down to your vessel,
drown all of it then remove it,
for one of its wings has the ailment
and the other has the cure,"


may be there are some who are researching based on this hadith

any way here is the proof for the prophecy
The new buzz on antibiotics (ABC News in Science)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 03:25 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,035,642 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post

there are things happened and it can not have a scientific cause

such as changing a stick to a snake (this one of the miracles of Moses)

my point is we should stop find a scientific cause for the existence of God
17 "And what is that in the right hand, O Moses?"

18 He said, "It is my rod: on it I lean; with it I beat down fodder for my flocks; and in it I find other uses."

19 ((Allah)) said, "Throw it, O Moses!"

20 He threw it, and behold! It was a snake, active in motion.

21 ((Allah)) said, "Seize it, and fear not: We shall return it at once to its former condition"..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top