U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 10:06 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,986,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post

Dates he stated came from his personal opinion. They did not come from the vision he had.
Rather convient that only some of these predictions are opinion and some visionary. Decided after they fail, of course. Nothing like selecting what you want to believe to rationalize your position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 10:36 AM

897 posts, read 2,213,186 times
I talked to my wife about this and she said when she attended times square church that the preachers did not believe that all of the prophesy would happen.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,682,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Most if not all of it. There may be some nuggets of fact in there, but for the most part the bible is a fictional storybook with a few good object lessons, and a lot of violence, hatred, et cetera.
Yet, if as you say most of it is fictional. Can you explain to me why it is every time they find some new historical discovery that speaks of some Biblical event or time. That discovery only confirms the Bible as being true?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Rather convient that only some of these predictions are opinion and some visionary. Decided after they fail, of course. Nothing like selecting what you want to believe to rationalize your position.
No where in his book does he ever suggest that what he saw happening came with a date. I have read his book numerous times, and he tells you, he has no idea when all those things would occur. He only believed he would see most of them happen in his life time. None of his visions have failed. Only his opinions as to when he thought they might occur. And as I have stated, his opinions are obvious opinions and were not part of the actual vision.

On page 12. of his book the vision, Wilkerson states, "Parts of this vision will come to pass in the very near future. Some of the events are more distant. But I believe all the events mentioned will happen in this generation!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:12 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,152,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yet, if as you say most of it is fictional. Can you explain to me why it is every time they find some new historical discovery that speaks of some Biblical event or time. That discovery only confirms the Bible as being true?
"They" who? List the discoveries that confirm the truth of the bible, and give reputable, non-apologist sources please. Though even if something from the bible was proven to have existed, it does not automatically confirm the veracity of the entire book.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:12 AM

30,039 posts, read 30,710,365 times
No, not every time Campbell, just occasionally...There are a lot more discoveries that prove the bible false rather than true.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
I talked to my wife about this and she said when she attended times square church that the preachers did not believe that all of the prophesy would happen.
Well I don't know what preacher your wife was listening to, but from where I'm standing, most of what he predicted has already happened, or is about to. Wilkerson states that the final result of all of this, will be a call to revamp the world monetary system into one uniform system. I still believe that will be farther down the road.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
"They" who? List the discoveries that confirm the truth of the bible, and give reputable, non-apologist sources please. Though even if something from the bible was proven to have existed, it does not automatically confirm the veracity of the entire book.
National Geographic "David and Goliath" City Found in Israel?
More evidence that confirms King David was no myth.
"David and Goliath" City Found in Israel?

Tel Dan Excavations. More evidence that Israel had two Kingdoms and King David again was not a myth.
David Inscription Tel Dan Excavations

The Washington Times Clay seal connects Archaelolgical finds to the Bible.
Washington Times - Clay seal connects to Bible

More Archaeological Evidence for the Old Testament
http://www.windmillministeries.org/CH14-2.htm

World Science Home Page. Herod's tomb reported found.
King Herod's tomb unearthed

Fox News. Archaeologists May Have Found Biblical Wall
FOXNews.com - Archaeologists May Have Found Biblical Wall - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

What it does confirm, is that every discovery made, only brings us that much closer to the veracity of the Bible.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
I meant specific quotes from your prophet. I know some people are blaming America for the crisis (and not Europe - you know, like in that other prophecy).

So what? It's not like he predicted seas turning to blood or something.
I repeat: if there is no way to prove a prophecy wrong, it cannot be used as proof of anything. This is basic scientific method, you know. Every theory has to be falsifyable.

Of course Wilkerson did provide a way to test his prophecies by giving a few dates, which have invariably turned out to be wrong. But apparently it was only a guess so that makes it all right.
Wilkerson told us years before, that Eastern Europe, Russia, and China would be opened up to the Gospel of Christ, and that prophecy is pretty dramatic. Especially when most of the Churches had been turned into Communistic museums or warehouses years before. And religion in the Communistic countries was not allowed. Wilkersons book came out in (1974). In the year (1991) Russians enjoyed their first offical Christmas. This was the first time Christmas was allowed in Russia in 70 years. And this occured 17 years after Wilkersons prophecy. The God of the Bible does not give dates, and so it should come as no surprise that Wilkersons prophecies would not have them either. The fact that most of his prophecies have come to pass in the last 35 years should be impressive enought, and Wilkerson is very much alive to see most of them fulfilled. Wilkerson's vision shows two crashes, one is a deep recession, the second shows it being brought on by another crisis that will shake the entire financial world. On page 27 of his book the Vision Wilkerson states, the United States will be blamed (BY MOST NATIONS) for what happens. Politicians and businessmen in Europe and Japan will place the blame on Washington, and the American bankers. And as I have stated here, he speculated about when this would all happen, yet that speculation had nothing to do with what he actually saw in his vision. And his book makes it plain that he himself did not know. He did believe it would all occur in our generation.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, not every time Campbell, just occasionally...There are a lot more discoveries that prove the bible false rather than true.
sanspeur, could you share the discoveries that prove the Bible false for us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality