U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2009, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
5,688 posts, read 5,579,443 times
Reputation: 4938

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Wilkerson managed to do what he set out to do...sell books. Make money. His intelligent guessing was done while his publisher urged him on. Nothing more.
A guy can sell only so many copies of the Cross and the Switchblade you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,699,008 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
So anything he predicted that has not come true is only because the time of fulfillment is difficult to pin down?

Using that logic, he can't miss!
Well based on the fact that much of what he predicted has already come to pass, I think we can cut him a little slack. I thought back in 1974 that the idea that there would be peace between the U.S. China and Russia was off the wall. Yet it appears, he was right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 09:31 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,699,008 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
A guy can sell only so many copies of the Cross and the Switchblade you know.
That is correct, and as you know, most of that money made from his books went to help the down and outs. I have received Wilkersons News Letter for years, and not once has he ever asked for money. He is one of the few ministers who never solicits funds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Montrose, CA
3,031 posts, read 7,890,100 times
Reputation: 1925
Sometimes, the gullibility of humanity depresses me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,169,024 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well based on the fact that much of what he predicted has already come to pass, I think we can cut him a little slack. I thought back in 1974 that the idea that there would be peace between the U.S. China and Russia was off the wall. Yet it appears, he was right.
Maybe it was obvious to him that "times are a changin' " and this was the logical outcome as civilization progresses and evolves.

Sadly the global community has to still wait another 30 years for folk like you in the USA to catch up with the idea that what we do here on planet earth is no longer isolated and does affect all beings, you know the butterfly in Japan that flaps its wings and causes a hurricane elsewhere (metaphorically of course)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/SeekerSA/smoking13.jpg (broken link)

'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
Vishnu, Bhagavad-Gita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 2,216,606 times
Reputation: 186
The First Church of Tiger Woods

Revelations 12:5 “And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron.”

Here the scriptures predict how Tiger, at a young age, will dominate the world with his irons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 10:17 AM
 
4,669 posts, read 3,923,596 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Even the prophets of the Bible really did not know the exact time of their fulfillment. And often their belief of when those prophecies would be fullfilled were but guesses. Wilkerson stated on page (16) of his Book. "How soon is not clear, but it is not far away. On page (27) he stated. I have received only a hazy glimpse beyond the next decade. And he also stated, that all of this would not happen at one time. Wilkerson stated that before America would be destroyed, an economic collapse would first occur. And Wilkerson said that in another book he wrote in 1985, he did not say America would be destroyed in 1985. I can recall when I first read his book 35 years ago. When he stated that there would be a truce between the east and the west, and that there would be a time of peace with Russia, and China. Well, I though that was a stupid statement and I put the book down. Yet, here we are 35 years latter, and Wilkerson's prophecy was correct. And I do believe his New York prophecy will be fulfilled in the future as well.


The fact that he placed a time frame on it, and it didn't come true shows that he's a false prophet and not to be believed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 10:36 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,699,008 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
The fact that he placed a time frame on it, and it didn't come true shows that he's a false prophet and not to be believed.
At no time did Wilkerson give a date or a year. He gave his opinion, yet he clearly stated that he was given only a hazy glimpse past the next decade. And based on the world events, his prophecy was correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Montrose, CA
3,031 posts, read 7,890,100 times
Reputation: 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
He is one of the few ministers who never solicits funds.
ORLY?

https://donations.worldchallenge.org...n-P2008C0.aspx

Campbell, I am baffled as to how you can continue to be so blind about so many things, even when you're shown definitive proof that you're wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 AM
 
4,669 posts, read 3,923,596 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
1994 "Right now I sense in my spirit that in less than 5 years there will be no more so-called gospel television networks. They will all fall into bankruptcy and absolute ruin."

1992 "I have had recurring visions of over 1,000 fires burning at one time here in New York city. I am convinced race riots will soon explode! New York City is right now a powder keg-ready to blow!...federal and State Welfare cutbacks will be the spark that ignites the fuse. Next year, New York City could have over 100,000 angry men on the streets, enraged because they have been cut off from benefits....Federal troops will have to move in to restore order. New York City will have tanks running down its avenues....Churches will be closed for a season because it will be too dangerous to travel about. Fires will rage everywhere."

You can pretend that he was only giving his opinion on these "prophecies", but I'm sure if they'd come true he would have been the first to jump up and take credit for predicting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top