U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 06:36 AM

17,853 posts, read 11,818,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I have always found this to be an interesting quote, Let us make man in our image and in our likeness. Mind you, God didn't say let us make Jesus in our image and likeness, God said, MAN. So what does that mean? Does it mean that all men are in the image and in the likeness of God, I would assume so. So what is the "image" of God, well, it says God is spirit, what is the likeness of God, I guess that all depends on what you read.
Man, upon reading this, turns around and creates God to be like mankind, after all we are in the image and likeness, so God must be like US. Man is hateful, waring in nature, ect, so then so must God be this way, this is why you see such a God in the OT. Man has denied himself what is his because man put man first, the stories in the OT are not about God, there about mankind itself. Then enters Jesus in the NT, what does man do, gives to one man that in which belongs to all. You create a demi-god for your own salvation. You have misses the mark again.
Man, men, mankind, He, His, Him, Father, Son...

How very Male the Bible is.

The men who wrote the Bible and created God in their own images were such sexists. Probably one of the strongest proofs that the God of the Bible was invented by men reflecting their own patriarchal culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 06:39 AM

4,997 posts, read 13,578,078 times
Do you know how many thousands of years Christians have continued to say, The End is Near?" And how they all repeat the same prophecies but with a twist of lemon?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

And this one is the most basic:

Matthew 16:28: "...there shall be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." In Matthew 24:34, Yeshua is recorded as saying: "...This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

Old 02-18-2009, 08:15 AM

2,345 posts, read 3,823,631 times
I couldn't find any thing listed in the original post that is in Revelations....

Old 02-18-2009, 11:21 AM

10,495 posts, read 10,094,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Your not paying attention. There is only (ONE GOD), yet He exist as three persons. And please, can you share with me some of those contradictions?
You just said it yourself, one god that exists as three persons, that says to me that there are three gods, either that or you're god is schizophrenic and if that's the case maybe that explains why the different religions, one for each person.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:28 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,694,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You just said it yourself, one god that exists as three persons, that says to me that there are three gods, either that or you're god is schizophrenic and if that's the case maybe that explains why the different religions, one for each person.
The basic building block of the Universe is the Atom. The Atom is made up of three elements, all three elements have different funtions. Yet all elements = One Atom. God is the same way.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Do you know how many thousands of years Christians have continued to say, The End is Near?" And how they all repeat the same prophecies but with a twist of lemon?

Failed end of the world predictions from 30 to 2000 CE

And this one is the most basic:

Matthew 16:28: "...there shall be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." In Matthew 24:34, Yeshua is recorded as saying: "...This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."
Christians in the 1600s and the 1800s wrote books that stated that based on the prophecies of the Bible, Christ could not return to earth until certain events first occured. According to these Christians, the one main event that first had to happen, was the return of the Jewish people from a worldwide exile. And they said they would both return to the land of Israel, and they would retake Jerusalem. And they said this return would anger many nations around the world. Christians who knew their Bible back then, obviously knew the future because their statments were both accurate and true. When Jesus said this GENERATION, if you read the verse before that statement, it was the generation that saw the (FIG TREE FIRST SHOOT FORTH IT'S BRNCHES).
The fig tree in Scripture represents Israel. Israels rebirth occured in the year, (1948). Also in the Book of Ezekiel chapters 36,37,and 39 it states, that the Jewish people would return to the land of Israel, and Jerusalem in the latter days. We are now living in those latter days.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:25 PM

897 posts, read 2,216,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The basic building block of the Universe is the Atom. The Atom is made up of three elements, all three elements have different funtions. Yet all elements = One Atom. God is the same way.
Unless your hydrogen and there is two. Which is the proton and the electron.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:28 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,818,909 times
It's too bad there hasn't been a prophecy saying that there won't be any more prophecies.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It's too bad there hasn't been a prophecy saying that there won't be any more prophecies.
Well all the prophecies will be fulfilled when Jesus Christ returns to this world. Until then, God will keep His people in the loop.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:00 PM

30,043 posts, read 30,788,680 times
How do you explain these failed prophesies?

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap......Damascus is the capital of Syria, and has always been populated

Jeremiah 9:11 And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant....Never happened

Ezekiel 29:10 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia.
Ezekiel 29:11 No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years. Egypt has always been inhabited since before biblical times.

Ezekiel 30:12 And I will make the rivers dry, and sell the land into the hand of the wicked: and I will make the land waste, and all that is therein, by the hand of strangers: I the LORD have spoken it.
Nope...Didn't happen.

If you had fun with these here is a list of over 200 more unfulfilled promises and prophesies recorded in the bible.

Prophecies in the Bible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality