U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:16 PM

29,177 posts, read 18,440,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Even the prophets of the Bible really did not know the exact time of their fulfillment. And often their belief of when those prophecies would be fullfilled were but guesses. Wilkerson stated on page (16) of his Book. "How soon is not clear, but it is not far away. On page (27) he stated. I have received only a hazy glimpse beyond the next decade. And he also stated, that all of this would not happen at one time. Wilkerson stated that before America would be destroyed, an economic collapse would first occur. And Wilkerson said that in another book he wrote in 1985, he did not say America would be destroyed in 1985. I can recall when I first read his book 35 years ago. When he stated that there would be a truce between the east and the west, and that there would be a time of peace with Russia, and China. Well, I though that was a stupid statement and I put the book down. Yet, here we are 35 years latter, and Wilkerson's prophecy was correct. And I do believe his New York prophecy will be fulfilled in the future as well.
If a person makes many "predictions" without being held to a time table, they will probably be right sooner or later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:18 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,540,398 times
if these are not the last days its a pretty good imitation.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:21 PM

29,177 posts, read 18,440,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
The fact that he placed a time frame on it, and it didn't come true shows that he's a false prophet and not to be believed.
Would that statement also stand for predictions given in the Bible that had a time frame on them and didn't come true?

Old 07-09-2009, 08:37 PM

30,041 posts, read 30,728,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
You gotta be kidding. Other than the economy, life has never been better or easier thanks to technology. Most people are now considered equal and free in your country...Would you really want to go back a hundred years....Think about it.

Maybe you should stop believing all the paranoia in churches and on the news media...It is what they do best.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:55 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,540,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You gotta be kidding. Other than the economy, life has never been better or easier thanks to technology. Most people are now considered equal and free in your country...Would you really want to go back a hundred years....Think about it.

Maybe you should stop believing all the paranoia in churches and on the news media...It is what they do best.
yep its ham and eggs, its just there there isnt any ham.--- details details.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:33 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,082,760 times
Default A repeat performance, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Exactly right! Those who cannot control their unbridled and pantingly awaited End Times are truly funny to watch. The same sort of folk who apparently felt the late pathological Michael Jackson was in fact some sort of messenger.

Any ecologist worth his or her salt will tell you we're rapidly becoming overpopulated and are overstretching our finite resources, but that is not the biblical version of accumulated sin and devastation that Christians desperately wish on all those grounded realists who don't buy into their dream.

Just too many rats in the cage is all. There will be a correction, and some cultures, indeed populations, may well suffer. But hardly the arrival of a golden ship to carry off all the faithful who couldn't quite get the hang of reality here on Earth. As san says, imagine what life was like during the plague years. Wonder what the Christians said then. Yah think:

"This IS the promised End times, sinners!"

Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,153,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Even the prophets of the Bible really did not know the exact time of their fulfillment. And often their belief of when those prophecies would be fullfilled were but guesses. Wilkerson stated on page (16) of his Book. "How soon is not clear, but it is not far away. On page (27) he stated. I have received only a hazy glimpse beyond the next decade. And he also stated, that all of this would not happen at one time. Wilkerson stated that before America would be destroyed, an economic collapse would first occur. And Wilkerson said that in another book he wrote in 1985, he did not say America would be destroyed in 1985. I can recall when I first read his book 35 years ago. When he stated that there would be a truce between the east and the west, and that there would be a time of peace with Russia, and China. Well, I though that was a stupid statement and I put the book down. Yet, here we are 35 years latter, and Wilkerson's prophecy was correct. And I do believe his New York prophecy will be fulfilled in the future as well.
Wonder if he might have confused New York with California. California seems to be heading there, in a big way. I can see it happening there, also. Just a thought.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:11 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,153,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
The simple living was in connection to Cuba who in spite of blockades/trade restrictions have managed to outlive 6 presidential inaugurations.

As for Pres. Obama, he has the mess of saint Ronnie Raygunomics and lord Shrub to undo so he has his work cut out for him.

BTW what is so bad of helping the "little man" get his? Trouble is, the rescue he is proposing will require some office type folk to learn some real hands-on skills.

Personally, I see a total crash coming. The economic system has outlived its usefulness, we will all need to adapt.
Sorry, but you forgot to include Clinton and Carter mess!!!! Just don't want them to feel left out!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:26 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,227,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I have a vivid memory from the time I was perhaps four or five years old (more than forty years ago). I was sitting in the back seat of the car, and my mother and father were in the front seat discussing something or other that was happening in the world news. My mother turned to my father and stated with confidence "The world isn't going to last two more years! The End will come and Jesus will return to take us to heaven."

Well, that was more than forty years ago. My point is that ever since the human developed language (and possibly well before that point), they've predicted "The End". The only End that is ever going to happen is when our sun goes nova, or when a large enough asteroid hits the planet. Oh, and for the record...the extinction of the human race != to The End. We're just not that important in the scheme of things.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:03 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,774,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
We're just not that important in the scheme of things.
You're right, of course. The catch is that as a race, we tend to think otherwise! For how many centuries did mankind believe that the Sun revolved around the Earth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality