U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 AM

24,058 posts, read 16,712,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
At no time did Wilkerson give a date or a year. He gave his opinion, yet he clearly stated that he was given only a hazy glimpse past the next decade. And based on the world events, his prophecy was correct.
Uh, this looks like a date, or at least a year to me...

1992 "I have had recurring visions of over 1,000 fires burning at one time here in New York city. I am convinced race riots will soon explode! New York City is right now a powder keg-ready to blow!...federal and State Welfare cutbacks will be the spark that ignites the fuse. Next year, New York City could have over 100,000 angry men on the streets, enraged because they have been cut off from benefits....Federal troops will have to move in to restore order. New York City will have tanks running down its avenues....Churches will be closed for a season because it will be too dangerous to travel about. Fires will rage everywhere."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:45 AM

7,654 posts, read 6,112,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Maybe it was obvious to him that "times are a changin' " and this was the logical outcome as civilization progresses and evolves.

Sadly the global community has to still wait another 30 years for folk like you in the USA to catch up with the idea that what we do here on planet earth is no longer isolated and does affect all beings, you know the butterfly in Japan that flaps its wings and causes a hurricane elsewhere (metaphorically of course)

'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
Vishnu, Bhagavad-Gita
I still recall when the Berlin wall came down, and the news caster stated. "Who could of predicted this." And that was many years after Wilkerson's wrote his book. There are just to many details to Wilkerson's prophecy to write it all off to obvious changing times. I was alive back then, and none of this was obvious to anyone. And back then, even I though his prophecies were over the top. Yet now 35 years latter, I can see they were true.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:47 AM

3,031 posts, read 5,342,977 times
Quote:
I still recall when the Berlin wall came down, and the news caster stated. "Who could of predicted this."
could HAVE
would HAVE
should HAVE

Look, he's not a prophet and his "predictions" are false.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:54 AM

4,669 posts, read 1,321,349 times
If he had lived in OT times he'd have been dragged outside the city and stoned.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Uh, this looks like a date, or at least a year to me...

1992 "I have had recurring visions of over 1,000 fires burning at one time here in New York city. I am convinced race riots will soon explode! New York City is right now a powder keg-ready to blow!...federal and State Welfare cutbacks will be the spark that ignites the fuse. Next year, New York City could have over 100,000 angry men on the streets, enraged because they have been cut off from benefits....Federal troops will have to move in to restore order. New York City will have tanks running down its avenues....Churches will be closed for a season because it will be too dangerous to travel about. Fires will rage everywhere."
Next year New York (COULD). The word (COULD) is not a fixed date. Wilkerson never gave a fixed date, he gave his opinion, and that is all.
Did you forget to mention that Wilkerson used the word, (COULD)?
I believe that prophecy will be fulfilled, and I believe that will occur as our economy finally melts down. America no longer has an idustry to pull us out of the fix we find ourselves in. And America will not remain a strong nation by trying to print our way, or borrow are way out of this recession. At some point in time, America is going to wake up to the fact that they have about as much money as Cuba. And when that day comes, I hate to think of what is going to happen here.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
could HAVE
would HAVE
should HAVE

Look, he's not a prophet and his "predictions" are false.
1. Oh, so your saying we are still in the cold war, and Russia and China is still America's enemy?
2. And are you saying the homosexuals are still in the closet?
3. And are you saying the priest and ministers have not been exposed for sexual sins?
4. Are you saying there is no worldwide recession?
5. And are you saying that everyone now imbraces the findings of the enviromental movement as true?
6. Are you saying the American auto industry is in great shape, and many of Americas industries have not gone bankrupted.
7. And are you saying that many nations around the world are not blaming America for this recession?

So are you saying all of these predictions are fales?

Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 AM

3,031 posts, read 5,342,977 times
Quote:
1. Oh, so your saying we are still in the cold war, and Russia and China is still America's enemy?
2. And are you saying the homosexuals are still in the closet?
3. And are you saying the priest and ministers have not been exposed for sexual sins?
4. Are you saying there is no worldwide recession?
5. And are you saying that everyone now imbraces the findings of the enviromental movement as true?
6. Are you saying the American auto industry is in great shape, and many of Americas industries have not gone bankrupted.
7. And are you saying that many nations around the world are not blaming America for this recession?

So are you saying all of these predictions are fales?
You've already been shown the falseness of this non-prophet. Why do we have to repeat ourselves? Go back up the thread and read. You know, that thing where you look at words and try to comprehend what they are?

Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 AM

5,357 posts, read 3,250,502 times
Quote:
America no longer has an idustry to pull us out of the fix we find ourselves in. And America will not remain a strong nation by trying to print our way, or borrow are way out of this recession. At some point in time, America is going to wake up to the fact that they have about as much money as Cuba. And when that day comes, I hate to think of what is going to happen here.
Yes they have a WWII based industry, you know exporting war, weapons, supporting Israel's Zionists.

What do you actually produce that the world actually wants or more specifically needs?

Nothing - unless you are a warlord. Oh of course American Evangelism too, also..

Strange how the two supposed biggest powers - USA and UK rank even below SA on the current deficit and neither have resources in excess of internal consumption that they can export.

The two countries you supposedly defeated in WWII namely Japan and Germany are in the top 5 along with Saudi, Russia and China (other "arch enemies") and have left the USA back in a 1950's paradigm.

As a consumer based nation how long did you think you would survive before the final bubble burst?

The only thing that will revitalize the USA economy again would be a WWIII and the Zionists sure are trying hard to make that happen - fortunately, others realize this and will not be drawn into any world conflict invented by the USA/Zionists again.

Thankfully there is no longer a theocon in charge and just maybe he can drag you folk into the 21st century.

BTW Cuba has national heath care - may not be perfect but Castro sure showed you folk the finger. There is something to be said for simple living.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:29 AM

4,669 posts, read 1,321,349 times
SeekerSA....are you suggesting that king obama and his court are going to usher in an era of "simple living"? His whole campaign was about helping the little man "get his".

Old 02-02-2009, 11:54 AM

5,357 posts, read 3,250,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
SeekerSA....are you suggesting that king obama and his court are going to usher in an era of "simple living"? His whole campaign was about helping the little man "get his".
The simple living was in connection to Cuba who in spite of blockades/trade restrictions have managed to outlive 6 presidential inaugurations.

As for Pres. Obama, he has the mess of saint Ronnie Raygunomics and lord Shrub to undo so he has his work cut out for him.

BTW what is so bad of helping the "little man" get his? Trouble is, the rescue he is proposing will require some office type folk to learn some real hands-on skills.

Personally, I see a total crash coming. The economic system has outlived its usefulness, we will all need to adapt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality