U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:22 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,695,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
You've already been shown the falseness of this non-prophet. Why do we have to repeat ourselves? Go back up the thread and read. You know, that thing where you look at words and try to comprehend what they are?
His predictions were not false, his (ASSUMPTIONS) about when his predictions might happen were. He tells you in his book, (he did not know) when all of this would happen. You have stated that his predictions were false. I would say your statement is false. And you would not answer my questions, because you know that everything I listed was true on the previous post. And that is why I had to repeat myself here, because you (REFUSE) to acknowledge the truth of those predictions. And I believe if you were honest with yourself, you would of acknowledge the truth of that. And now you are trying to say because his (ASSUMPTIONS) were wrong, this makes his prophecies wrong? Please, give us a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Yes they have a WWII based industry, you know exporting war, weapons, supporting Israel's Zionists.

What do you actually produce that the world actually wants or more specifically needs?

Nothing - unless you are a warlord. Oh of course American Evangelism too, also..

Strange how the two supposed biggest powers - USA and UK rank even below SA on the current deficit and neither have resources in excess of internal consumption that they can export.

The two countries you supposedly defeated in WWII namely Japan and Germany are in the top 5 along with Saudi, Russia and China (other "arch enemies") and have left the USA back in a 1950's paradigm.

As a consumer based nation how long did you think you would survive before the final bubble burst?

The only thing that will revitalize the USA economy again would be a WWIII and the Zionists sure are trying hard to make that happen - fortunately, others realize this and will not be drawn into any world conflict invented by the USA/Zionists again.

Thankfully there is no longer a theocon in charge and just maybe he can drag you folk into the 21st century.

BTW Cuba has national heath care - may not be perfect but Castro sure showed you folk the finger. There is something to be said for simple living.
Yeah, Cuba has national health care, everyone gets a free bandage, and that's about all they will get. I work for a Christian hospital, and I can tell you, they spend millions of dollars treating people who have no money, so it is not like your on your own here in the states. There are a lot of wonderful people working to help others here in America.

Wilkerson states that America will become a very weak nation, and in the end, she will be destroyed. I discovered that for myself in the Scriptures. Yet, Wilkerson and other Christians are hearing this same thing from the Lord.

It does not matter who is in the White House, no president is going to create money out of thin air. Industry is the only thing that would pull America out of this mess. And America nolonger has that kind of industry.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:08 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,444,938 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
Wilkerson said, from God's throne room he has heard, that this sin must be purged.
God has a specific room with a throne in it? Sorry, but the first thing that popped into my head was the bathroom, I have a throne in mine too.
But seriously Campbell, I don't think this is really doing anything more than making guesses about what is likely to happen and then hoping to get as many right as possible. There's an awful lot of people out there who write books that are supposed to foretell the future and any large book store will have a couple of shelves of similar material. It was pointed out how many of his prophesies were just dead wrong and that would naturally lead to the question, if this man's prophesies are really coming directly from God then why doesn't he have 100% accuracy?

Old 02-02-2009, 04:13 PM

5,563 posts, read 6,166,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It does not matter who is in the White House, no president is going to create money out of thin air. Industry is the only thing that would pull America out of this mess. And America nolonger has that kind of industry.
America has the potential and yes it does matter who is in charge.

The trick this time is, can you all do it w/o a world war to drive the economy? It is possible but there is going to be a lot of down scaling taking place.

If the Chinese and Japanese decide to pull the plug that will be the death knell for the USA. India, China and Japan still post a positive growth and the markets are expanding elsewhere in the world. If the mighty dollar fails as a world currency and the Yuan takes over, there will be interesting times ahead.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:15 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,059,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Wilkerson managed to do what he set out to do...sell books. Make money. His intelligent guessing was done while his publisher urged him on. Nothing more.
Yep just like Sylvia Browne, however Wilkerson uses a Christian angle on his doom and gloom. In the end, the goal is the same book sales $$$$

Old 02-02-2009, 05:18 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,822,262 times
Isn't it amazing how these prophecies keep coming to pass...and nothing changes except the "prophets?"

Old 02-02-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

God has a specific room with a throne in it? Sorry, but the first thing that popped into my head was the bathroom, I have a throne in mine too.
But seriously Campbell, I don't think this is really doing anything more than making guesses about what is likely to happen and then hoping to get as many right as possible. There's an awful lot of people out there who write books that are supposed to foretell the future and any large book store will have a couple of shelves of similar material. It was pointed out how many of his prophesies were just dead wrong and that would naturally lead to the question, if this man's prophesies are really coming directly from God then why doesn't he have 100% accuracy?
To my knowledge, none of his prophecies have been proven wrong. The only thing that was pointed out, was the time when Wilkerson (THOUGHT) his prophecies might occur. Wilkerson's assumptions about when some of his latter prophecies might occur, had nothing to do with the actual prophecy. And Wilkerson stated in his book, that he himself did not know when all these prophecies would take place. He did say, he only had a hazy glimpse beyond the next decade. The fact is, Wilkerson was right when he predicted peace would come between the east and the west. He was right about the gays coming out in mass numbers. He was right about the World wide recession. He was right about the American government and bankers being blamed by the other nations for the recession. He was right about the ministers and priest being exposed for sexual sins. He was right about some of America's most popular corporations going bankruped. He was right about the numerous people who would be unable to pay off their debts to credit card companies. He was right about the backlash coming to the environmental movement. He was right about the American auto industry being hurt.

And I might add here, we still have more time to see how the rest of his prophecies will play out, and considering the accuracy of what has just been stated. I cannot see what the hurry is to suggest that his prophecies were dead wrong. Of the 12 prophecies that I have listed, can you show me which one was wrong? That seems to be the big problem here, you will make a statement that his prophecies have been show to be dead wrong. Yet when I ask for someone to show us which one's, all I get is empty rhetoric, and no responce to my question.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Isn't it amazing how these prophecies keep coming to pass...and nothing changes except the "prophets?"
Nothing changes? Tell that to the people loseing their homes. Or tell that to the people who have lost their jobs, or their retirement savings. And you don't see peace between Russia, China, and the United States? Their are a lot of changes going on right now, and Wilkerson spoke about these changes in his book from 1974. I would suggest you try reading it sometime. What's amazing, is how you could make a statement like that.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Yep just like Sylvia Browne, however Wilkerson uses a Christian angle on his doom and gloom. In the end, the goal is the same book sales $$$$
It is really sad to see someone who knows nothing about David Wilkerson come here and link him with Sylvia Browne. Wilkerson's entire life has been to preach the Gospel and to premote drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers with so many other outreaches. Wilkerson has gone into areas where others have given up hope and walked away. It's obvious, you do not have a clue as to who David Wilkerson is.

About Us | World Challenge

Old 02-02-2009, 11:45 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,664,130 times
if this is not the open manifestation of evil then its a very good imitation.
absolute refusal to punish crime of any sort.
jailing of citizens and cops alike for self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality