U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-03-2009, 01:58 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,695,593 times
Reputation: 495

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
ORLY?

https://donations.worldchallenge.org...n-P2008C0.aspx

Campbell, I am baffled as to how you can continue to be so blind about so many things, even when you're shown definitive proof that you're wrong.
I receive his news letter, and I have never been asked to send money to his ministery. It was his news letter I was speaking of. And he sends his news letter to us free of charge. Your obsession with trying to make Wilkerson look bad, is really pathetic. While your at it, why don't you take a few good swings at Mother Teresa. Yeah, I suppose you think she was in it just for the money to. Your definitive proof, has nothing to do with my personal account. And I have sent donations to worldchallenge, because I know of the great work that is being accomplished by these wonderful people. They have been helping the poor all over the world, and they have done this for years. So if that upsets you, I don't know what to tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 3,041,680 times
Reputation: 284
David Wilkerson's "prophecies" will not come to pass because they are not even biblical! The things he predicts for the future have already taken place--just as Jesus and His apostles predicted they would!

Jesus clearly gave the time frame--

"THIS generation will by no means pass away till ALL THESE THINGS take place" (Mat. 24:34).

Wilkerson's predictions contradict our Lord's!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2009, 02:14 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,013,182 times
Reputation: 3602
Oops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2009, 02:38 PM
 
Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,167,546 times
Reputation: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yeah, Cuba has national health care, everyone gets a free bandage, and that's about all they will get. I work for a Christian hospital, and I can tell you, they spend millions of dollars treating people who have no money, so it is not like your on your own here in the states. There are a lot of wonderful people working to help others here in America.

Wilkerson states that America will become a very weak nation, and in the end, she will be destroyed. I discovered that for myself in the Scriptures. Yet, Wilkerson and other Christians are hearing this same thing from the Lord.

It does not matter who is in the White House, no president is going to create money out of thin air. Industry is the only thing that would pull America out of this mess. And America nolonger has that kind of industry.

Anyone who has even a slight notion of world history knows that every great nation that has ever been on this earth has eventually fallen. It does not take a prophet to assume this will eventually happen to America as well. I am not a doom & gloom person at all, but history always repeats itself and so, just like the Egyptians, Romans, Aztecs, Mesopotamians, etc etc etc ad nauseum, this country will probably crumble as well in time. We are a young nation compared to many that have gone before us...it's just time and intelligence (or lack thereof) that will make the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2009, 03:39 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 11,820,103 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I receive his news letter, and I have never been asked to send money to his ministery. It was his news letter I was speaking of. And he sends his news letter to us free of charge. Your obsession with trying to make Wilkerson look bad, is really pathetic. While your at it, why don't you take a few good swings at Mother Teresa. Yeah, I suppose you think she was in it just for the money to. Your definitive proof, has nothing to do with my personal account. And I have sent donations to worldchallenge, because I know of the great work that is being accomplished by these wonderful people. They have been helping the poor all over the world, and they have done this for years. So if that upsets you, I don't know what to tell you.
Sounds like you've also bought into the propaganda machine of the Catholic Church. Mother Theresa glorified the pain and suffering of the poor because she believed it brought them closer to God. She didn't help to "relieve" it. She is quoted as saying the pain and suffering of the poor was "beautiful".

Her "clinics" were more concerned with conversion (eg of Hindus and Muslims) to Catholicism and preaching the "no contraception, no abortion and no divorce" doctrines of the Catholic Church.

If she had spent all that money she received in donations from the wealthy, powerful and famous people she hobnobbed with on actual well-equiped medical clinics, birth control education, free contraception and medicine for the poor then she may have been somone to look up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2009, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,057 posts, read 29,822,262 times
Reputation: 10455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Nothing changes? Tell that to the people loseing their homes. Or tell that to the people who have lost their jobs, or their retirement savings. And you don't see peace between Russia, China, and the United States? Their are a lot of changes going on right now, and Wilkerson spoke about these changes in his book from 1974. I would suggest you try reading it sometime. What's amazing, is how you could make a statement like that.
It was easy! Anyone could take any verse from the Bible and interpret it to have some kind of relevancy to what's happening here in 2009. The fact that the books of the Bible were written in a specific time and relating to specific events from that time is (and always has been) completely irrelevant to anyone who's ever made such an interpretation.

There is not, for instance, a single verse anywhere in Scripture that has anything to do with Russia, China and the United States (since you bring up these three nations). Yet people claim that some Biblical verse or other refers to these nations. Absolute, utter nonsense! But if that's what people enjoy doing, the way I look at it is, that's their business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2009, 06:20 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,695,593 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
David Wilkerson's "prophecies" will not come to pass because they are not even biblical! The things he predicts for the future have already taken place--just as Jesus and His apostles predicted they would!

Jesus clearly gave the time frame--

"THIS generation will by no means pass away till ALL THESE THINGS take place" (Mat. 24:34).

Wilkerson's predictions contradict our Lord's!

Preterist


THIS GENERATION, was the generation that saw the fig tree shoot forth it's branches. (WHO IS THE FIG TREE?) You just mentioned Matthew 24:34.

Did you forget to mention the (TWO VERSES) before verse 34?

Or when you read your Bible, do you just (WHITEOUT) the verses you don't want to read? LOL

And a great number of Wilkersons prophecies (HAVE ALREADY COME TO PASS). His book came out in (1974), most of what he predicted happened years after his book was published. And Jesus and his apostles did not predict a truce between Russia, China, and the United States. Wilkerson did. And Jesus and His apostles did not predict a worldwide recession in which America would be blamed for it's occurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
897 posts, read 2,216,145 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
THIS GENERATION, was the generation that saw the fig tree shoot forth it's branches. (WHO IS THE FIG TREE?) You just mentioned Matthew 24:34.

Did you forget to mention the (TWO VERSES) before verse 34?

Or when you read your Bible, do you just (WHITEOUT) the verses you don't want to read? LOL

And a great number of Wilkersons prophecies (HAVE ALREADY COME TO PASS). His book came out in (1974), most of what he predicted happened years after his book was published. And Jesus and his apostles did not predict a truce between Russia, China, and the United States. Wilkerson did. And Jesus and His apostles did not predict a worldwide recession in which America would be blamed for it's occurance.
Do you only have 4 to 5 arguments to prove your beliefs.
1 Let see genesis 1 vs 26 ( 3 = 1 )
2 zech 12
3 fig tree
4 the east gate
5 300 prophesies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:11 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,695,593 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Do you only have 4 to 5 arguments to prove your beliefs.
1 Let see genesis 1 vs 26 ( 3 = 1 )
2 zech 12
3 fig tree
4 the east gate
5 300 prophesies.
Can you even give me one answer to refute anyone of my four or five arguements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:29 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,695,593 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It was easy! Anyone could take any verse from the Bible and interpret it to have some kind of relevancy to what's happening here in 2009. The fact that the books of the Bible were written in a specific time and relating to specific events from that time is (and always has been) completely irrelevant to anyone who's ever made such an interpretation.

There is not, for instance, a single verse anywhere in Scripture that has anything to do with Russia, China and the United States (since you bring up these three nations). Yet people claim that some Biblical verse or other refers to these nations. Absolute, utter nonsense! But if that's what people enjoy doing, the way I look at it is, that's their business.
What is nonsense, is your view of Bible prophecy. It is very apparent you know nothing about them, and that is the only way you could make the statements you do. The Bible clearly states that in the Latter years the Jewish people would return to the land of Israel, and they would retake Jerusalem. And they would do this after a worldwide exile. Since this has only happened once in world history, would you care to tell me how such a prophecy is irrelevant?

And there is not one mention of the name Jesus Christ in the Old Testament, yet because of the Old Testament over a billion people call Jesus Christ Lord today. Why do you think that is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top