U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,673,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Anyone who has even a slight notion of world history knows that every great nation that has ever been on this earth has eventually fallen. It does not take a prophet to assume this will eventually happen to America as well. I am not a doom & gloom person at all, but history always repeats itself and so, just like the Egyptians, Romans, Aztecs, Mesopotamians, etc etc etc ad nauseum, this country will probably crumble as well in time. We are a young nation compared to many that have gone before us...it's just time and intelligence (or lack thereof) that will make the difference.
Your vague mention of a great nation falling, does not compare to the details laid out in Wilkerson's prophecy. It appears you forgot that we are not just talking in vague terms here. What Wilkerson saw in his vision confirms what the Scriptures state about the future of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Sounds like you've also bought into the propaganda machine of the Catholic Church. Mother Theresa glorified the pain and suffering of the poor because she believed it brought them closer to God. She didn't help to "relieve" it. She is quoted as saying the pain and suffering of the poor was "beautiful".

Her "clinics" were more concerned with conversion (eg of Hindus and Muslims) to Catholicism and preaching the "no contraception, no abortion and no divorce" doctrines of the Catholic Church.

If she had spent all that money she received in donations from the wealthy, powerful and famous people she hobnobbed with on actual well-equiped medical clinics, birth control education, free contraception and medicine for the poor then she may have been somone to look up to.
Oh Please, this one woman spent her whole life reaching out to the poor and helping as many people as she could possibly help, and now your going to judge her? And how many clinics have you opened up to help the poor around the world?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:45 AM

971 posts, read 1,502,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Oh Please, this one woman spent her whole life reaching out to the poor and helping as many people as she could possibly help, and now your going to judge her? And how many clinics have you opened up to help the poor around the world?
It's true, you know: Mother Theresa wasn't that great a human being. But that really deserves another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
To my knowledge, none of his prophecies have been proven wrong. The only thing that was pointed out, was the time when Wilkerson (THOUGHT) his prophecies might occur. Wilkerson's assumptions about when some of his latter prophecies might occur, had nothing to do with the actual prophecy. And Wilkerson stated in his book, that he himself did not know when all these prophecies would take place. He did say, he only had a hazy glimpse beyond the next decade.
I am a prophet.
* Hear my words! A rich man will arise. He will raise a mighty army and wage war in the Middle East.
* A new communication system will be invented. People from all around the world will be able to interact as if they were face to face.
* Then there will be a terrible storm which will kill hundreds.

You will notice two things about my predictions:
1. They are all reasonably likely. I'm not predicting that aliens will land on the White House or that the seas will turn to blood. I'm pretty sure than at least one prediction will come true in the next fifty years.
2. It is impossible to prove me wrong. Why? Because I didn't give any dates. If humanity is destroyed in a massive nuclear war then I guess it proves I'm a false prophet - but then nobody will be left to laugh at me. Otherwise, I can always defend my prophecies. Maybe they didn't come true yet, but it's impossible to prove that they never will. Who knows what our society will look like a thousand years from now?
And if my prophecies come true in a thousand years rather than tomorrow, people will be even more impressed .

Or I can take a little risk and claim they will all come true in the next century (or the next fifty years, if I was a bit older). If they do, more glory for me. If they don't, me and everyone I know will already be dead so it won't hurt me in any way.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:54 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Can you even give me one answer to refute anyone of my four or five arguements?
Sure. You claim 300 prophecies have come to pass. How many thousands of others were made and have fallen to the wayside? Or is 300 a magic number? Have they come to pass in the eyes of anyone who did not already believe that they were truth prior to fulfillment?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:07 AM

897 posts, read 2,211,125 times
Quote:
Can you even give me one answer to refute anyone of my four or five arguements?
I have refuted your claims many times. You donít accept those to be the truth. Man accepts his own ideas and thoughts to be the truth. Unfortunately that may lead to manís blindness.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
It's true, you know: Mother Theresa wasn't that great a human being. But that really deserves another thread.

I am a prophet.
* Hear my words! A rich man will arise. He will raise a mighty army and wage war in the Middle East.
* A new communication system will be invented. People from all around the world will be able to interact as if they were face to face.
* Then there will be a terrible storm which will kill hundreds.

You will notice two things about my predictions:
1. They are all reasonably likely. I'm not predicting that aliens will land on the White House or that the seas will turn to blood. I'm pretty sure than at least one prediction will come true in the next fifty years.
2. It is impossible to prove me wrong. Why? Because I didn't give any dates. If humanity is destroyed in a massive nuclear war then I guess it proves I'm a false prophet - but then nobody will be left to laugh at me. Otherwise, I can always defend my prophecies. Maybe they didn't come true yet, but it's impossible to prove that they never will. Who knows what our society will look like a thousand years from now?
And if my prophecies come true in a thousand years rather than tomorrow, people will be even more impressed .

Or I can take a little risk and claim they will all come true in the next century (or the next fifty years, if I was a bit older). If they do, more glory for me. If they don't, me and everyone I know will already be dead so it won't hurt me in any way.
There was nothing likely about Russia, China, Eastern Europe and the United States having any kind of peace back in 1974. And there was nothing likely about ministers and priest being exposed in large numbers for sexual sins. Also, the idea that the homosexuals were going to be coming out in mass numbers was equally unthinkable. Even the idea of a world wide recession in which America would be blamed for it's occurance was a stretch. When I first read Wilkerson's book in 1974, his predictions really were considered off the wall. It's laughable today how guys like you come alone after the events have already occured and now say, "they were reasonably likely." Hindsight is always 20x20. I was 24 years old back in 1974, and I can tell you nothing like this was even though of as reasonably likely, or even considered or spoken of. Wilkerson's prophecies are far more detailed than your attempt at being a prophet. And your approach to explain away Wilkerson's prophecies is far to simplistic. And unlike your prophecies in which you suggest they might come true in the next century, and it will not matter because you will already be dead. Most of Wilkerson's prophecies have come to pass in the last 35 years, and Wilkerson is still very much alive.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
I have refuted your claims many times. You donít accept those to be the truth. Man accepts his own ideas and thoughts to be the truth. Unfortunately that may lead to manís blindness.
If you want to talk about blindness, you better look in the mirror. I asked you which one of the 12 prophecies listed was false. (I'M STILL WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER.) You say you have refuted my claims (MANY TIMES.)
If that is true, why can you not tell me which one of his 12 prophecies is (UNTRUE?)

Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Sure. You claim 300 prophecies have come to pass. How many thousands of others were made and have fallen to the wayside? Or is 300 a magic number? Have they come to pass in the eyes of anyone who did not already believe that they were truth prior to fulfillment?
No Biblical prophecies have fallen by the wayside. If you believe one has, can you share it with us?

Old 02-04-2009, 04:51 PM

30,037 posts, read 30,671,240 times
Good grief, you sure like to waste people's time...Many here including myself have shown how many of them are wrong, and you just blank those posts from your mind. I for one am getting tired of going around in circles with you...I'm beginning to feel like I'm playing musical chairs with the same tune repeated time and time again...The problem is most of us live in reality and in the present, but not you.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:03 PM

897 posts, read 2,211,125 times
Quote:
If you want to talk about blindness, you better look in the mirror. I asked you which one of the 12 prophecies listed was false. (I'M STILL WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER.) You say you have refuted my claims (MANY TIMES.)
If that is true, why can you not tell me which one of his 12 prophecies is (UNTRUE?)
where did you say that? I must have missed that post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality