U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,823,958 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut:
Orphaned post

Because he was made in mans image.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-07-2009 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: Yes, I’m serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 08:48 PM

4,108 posts, read 7,556,582 times
If we are nothing but energy, then energy created everything. God is just a name given to the ultimate energy we all came from...and where we will return.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
God told Moses in Exodus 4:14 I am that I am. Revelation 22:13 " I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and last, the beginning and the end".
God has always been and will always be.
This explains everything, precisely and accurately.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
If we are nothing but energy, then energy created everything. God is just a name given to the ultimate energy we all came from...and where we will return.
I see no reason to worship mindless, thoughtless energy. So if that is what god is, there is no reason to worship it.

I believe energy and or matter has always been and will always be.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
I see no reason to worship mindless, thoughtless energy. So if that is what god is, there is no reason to worship it.

I believe energy and or matter has always been and will always be.
Well like an earlier poster stated, we want a reason for everything....its just the way our mind works. We want to believe we are all here for a reason and that something put us here. Its very important for us to believe in something we have no idea exists....God, UFO's, ghosts, bigfoot and so on. If there were nothing to believe in and try to understand, than nothing would get accomplished and our minds would never grow, thus mankind would never go forward. Suicides for example are done because that person has lost all interest in life and everything about it. They no longer wish to grow. To me its pretty simple. I guess if you want to call and worship the ultimate ball of energy "God", and that makes you grow as a person, than thats great! God can be whatever you want him/it to be. I have read many NDE's where people explain they eventually come in front of a great ball of energy/light but they feel it is the most amazing feeling of love one could imagine. They feel they belong with this energy/god. Like I said...why? Because this is where you came from...and this is where you will end. Back to the central energy of the universe....or God if you will. Now if you ask me why each of us are here, and what is our purpose? I guess it would be to learn, grow and love as much as possible for some reason we will all find out one day.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM

Hello michmoldman
I hope you did not think that my statement meant I believed in a god. I don’t.
I do believe that matter and or energy has always existed.
I do not believe any god or gods have, for any length of time, existed.,

Aeroman

Old 02-02-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Hello michmoldman
I hope you did not think that my statement meant I believed in a god. I donít.
I do believe that matter and or energy has always existed.
I do not believe any god or gods have, for any length of time, existed.,

Aeroman
Well thats my point Aeroman, it does not matter to me if you believe in God or not. A God is mythical. Its what each person thinks it is in his own mind. Now I am not saying I do or do not believe in God...because I do believe there IS something out there that we cannot begin to understand. Some call it God, I call it a giant ball of living universal energy. No matter what you believe...I do believe it is VERY important to believe that there is a much higher power. Its not the "God" that you believe in that is important. Its believing in that ultimate power, that helps to make yourself a better person. Our natural human tendency is to grow, to learn, to make ourselves better. There is something built in each of us, that makes it very important to do this. There HAS to be an ultimate consiquence as to why we seek to make ourselves better. Maybe once we have acheived this goal, we can then truely become a part of that ultimate energy once we die. If not, you may be sent back to try again! lol!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:38 PM

60 posts, read 184,096 times
god came from the imagination of grown ups. and if you think that is not a serious answer then i ask you this. prove me wrong.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 AM

81 posts, read 131,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
This explains everything, precisely and accurately.
LOL Kudos

Old 02-03-2009, 12:30 AM

81 posts, read 131,020 times
Part of this post I have posted a couple days ago, but, incidentally, it stands to reason in this thread.
So if God has existed independent of time, since before the beginning, and the many works of God are too complex to be understood by man in the present, why personify him in the belief that he will intervene in your life to fulfill menial, trivial tasks? Or save your mother from breast cancer? Or help your amputated limb grow back? Wait? God won't do that last part, will he. Is it because theist expectation is self-limiting, going no more beyond the bounds of probability than is necessary to praise God for a statistical effect which would take place regardless of prayer? Yes, that is why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality