U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:28 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,148,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
one of the biggest proofs for the creator is me and you

if man from monkey
monkey from what
Humans did not evolve from monkeys. We have ancestors who were primates, but we're not from the same line of evolution as monkeys and chimps, we're from a parallel line of primates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 08:19 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,977,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
There is probably other "life" out there but it won't look like humans, cats, dogs, fish, etc. We're alive in the environment around us. Planet to planet is a differnt environment and if there is "life" there than it's probably not going to resemble anything like it is on earth.
Now if it did closely resemble lifeforms on earth, I may reconsider my opinion on god. Not likely, though.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:28 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,977,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I can't be a little snarky, but they can be downright nasty and rude to us, attacking and blaspheming my God at every opportunity? Even your response to me here claiming the Bible is a "mythical book" is an example.

Let's be fair.
Okay, you keep your god out of every statement and idea you make/have and we will leave it alone also. After all, without mention of your god the atheists wouldn't talk about it either.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:51 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,024,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Humans did not evolve from monkeys. We have ancestors who were primates, but we're not from the same line of evolution as monkeys and chimps, we're from a parallel line of primates.
did the primates come from the creator or from some thing else ?

Old 02-07-2009, 12:03 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,024,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Okay, you keep your god out of every statement and idea you make/have and we will leave it alone also. After all, without mention of your god the atheists wouldn't talk about it either.

And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fair-seeming to each people its own doings; then to their Lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do. 6:108

Old 02-09-2009, 01:23 PM

971 posts, read 1,502,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill
thank Roaxlin for your insight , i always get benefits through discussion with you
You're welcome. I think that from all creationists on this forum you would be the most open-minded to the scientific theories, which is why I'm still trying .

Quote:
actually , i think personally that 99% of athiests are became athiests caused of thiere objections and thier confusion about thier original religion in the first place . not because science discoveries
I agree. I think atheism is a lot more about scepticism and logic than scientific discoveries. When you think about it, atheists do not need scientific discoveries (the theory of evolution, the Big Bang or whatever) to be atheists. They only realize than "God did it" is not an acceptable answer to anything we don't understand. The theory of evolution probably created a lot of atheists, but only because it's an example of believers getting it completely wrong.

Quote:
well , i meant to talking about Abiogenesis in the first place , with supposing that universe created by chance (big bang theory ) , what was the second step of human creation , how he been created by chance in the place allows the life as our planet ?
The process is not fully understood yet, though there are many hypothesis.
Here's a video that explains one popular hypothesis. (The beginning is just creationim-bashing; actual explanation begins at 3:45). It's still a bit technical but it was the best I could find.

Quote:
as for evolution i think that it's limited , i can see my baby grow through the time , start to speak then to walk then to play ........ etc , i can consider it evolution .
Let's not confuse matters. This is not evolution (in the sense of the Theory of Evolution).

Quote:
if this is the defination of revolution so i can say that evolution exist in quran
He (God) it is Who created you(humans) from dust, then from a small life germ, then from a clot, then He brings you forth as a child, then that you may attain your maturity, then that you may be old-- and of you there are some who are caused to die before-- and that you may reach an appointed term, and that you may understand.
can you consider that evolution ?
dust then germ then clot then a child then mature then old then die !!!
Well, er... That's a bit unclear. At best it can be seen as a metaphor for evolution, but there are still bits that don't fit (evolution is not about individuals getting old and dying, it's about species changing over time).

Quote:
when some kind od disease appears for the first time , yu can consider it as to be disaster , it will kill many
through the time our bodies will form immunity against that disease , i can consider it evolution .
That it is. Random mutation that makes a virus more efficient, another that improves some people's immune system against this particular virus, then natural selection at work.

Quote:
but try to drown millions of of any creation , will the evolution through the time help them to have the ability to live under water !!!!!!!!!!!
That's because the ability to breathe underwater requires much greater changes. Evolution only allows very small changes. Those can then accumulate over time until you end up with big changes.
Whales are a good example of what you describe: DNA and the fossil record shows that they were once land-dwelling animals. See Evolution of cetaceans. They can't breathe water like fishes do, but they still adapted very well to the sea.

Quote:
actually in our planet (it didn't happen once ) , there are millions of different creatures in our planet , not one
Well, no. Part of the theory of evolution is common descent, the theory that every living creature today share a common ancestor. Here's an illustration. From a few "living" organisms (top left), all life evolved, including humans (bottom right).

Quote:
well , attach it with my example of drowned living creature , i think that evolution theory means that it starts with living one who started to multiply and form nations of his kind , so this first one should to find itself compatible with the environment for it's self life , it will not need evolution to be capable of life with this environment
planet itself should to be die if it can't find creatures produce the co2 to it.
I'm sorry, I just don't understand you here.

Quote:
athiest have nothing but science
Good enough for me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun
Check my earlier links. Apes evolved from other animals, which themselves evolved... Until you reach mono-cellular organisms, and then things that are not really alive but can still make copies of themselves.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:31 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,561,996 times
To the OP:

Have you considered the possibility that very primitive life forms that are hardened to living in interstellar space have been floating around parts of the physical universe for eons on comets and similar ice-bearing bodies and have been impacting planets in our Solar System and elsewhere for eons, but that only on a relatively benign surface environment such as found on the Earth can the life forms find a sustainable foothold. In other words, your reasoning about the scientific facts relating to the fitness of Earth to support life might be circular.

I would encourage you to investigate the previous alternative hypothesis and the facts that support it.

Last edited by ParkTwain; 02-09-2009 at 02:38 PM..

Old 02-09-2009, 01:46 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,561,996 times
The Earth's gravity is based on its mass.

The thickness of the Earth's crust isn't static and is constantly changing.

The magnetic field of the Earth is based on its mass and the ratios of metallic materials in its core. Planetologists can predict the latter among the planets in a given planetary system, which is based on the idea that the same mix of materials formed that system's planets.

The proportions of elements in Earth's atmosphere aren't static. They have changed over time. There were probably long spans of time during which Earth's atmosphere would have been detrimental to almost all of the life forms found on Earth today.

Regarding the Earth's angle of tilt, if the tilt weren't there there would no seasons at all for what is now called the Earth's temperate zones. For the entire Earth, there would be more or less well defined climate zones with little temperature variation during the year within each zone.

The Sun's size changes over time.

The causes, degree, and nature of the dynamism in the universe around us are some of the great discoveries by mankind and were made due to applying the scientific method. Very little of this information was obtained by investigators laboring under a religious agenda.

Last edited by ParkTwain; 02-09-2009 at 02:53 PM..

Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 AM

995 posts, read 1,174,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
The causes, degree, and nature of the dynamism in the universe around us are some of the great discoveries by mankind and were made due to applying the scientific method. Very little of this information was obtained by investigators laboring under a religious agenda.
Consider this : When thunder sounds - the pious will say that is the sound of the thunder glorifying God while the scientific will say its just the electron particles etc etc and ridiculing the former.

Consider this scenario : A colony of ants has discovered that there's a race of tall 2-legged creatures that emits sounds so they send out a scientific expedition to verify that. Eventually they found a human being. A very brave ant volunteers to get close to the human and climbed up on the human w/o the human knowing it. It brought is sceintific instruments for the test and indeed it was confirmed that the human being did emit sound waves.

So what had the ant expedition proved? It just proved that the humans make sound but it does not know what was the sound made - whether it was speech or poetry or song. Same goes here. We know thunder emits sound but do we know the meaning of the sound?

Old 02-10-2009, 07:39 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,148,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
I do not believe in any sort of creator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality