U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 09:24 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,015,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, I have considered things outside of the Bible, yet I have found such consderations pale in comparison to Biblical truth that is being proven true by historical discovery, and fulfilled Bible prophecies.

And your last question is pretty much nonsensocal. What would be the point of trying to prove the validity of the Bible, and yet being asked to do so by not using the Bible?

With a preconeived point of view in favor of the bible, of course you will never find items outside your biblical truth to have merit. Hence the limits you set on yourself. You have decided that, in essense, you are god to decide what is true or not.

As to nonsensical, consider your stance. If it were any other book than your bible, would you accept that because such a book says that it is true, this is the case? There are many books saying the bible is false. Because they say so is this true? So why is your quest to verify the bible by using the bible to be accepted when other proofs are required for other books? You have different requirements for proof at your whim which are not consistant.

Hence the lack of veracty in your illogical arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 07:26 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,697,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
With a preconeived point of view in favor of the bible, of course you will never find items outside your biblical truth to have merit. Hence the limits you set on yourself. You have decided that, in essense, you are god to decide what is true or not.

As to nonsensical, consider your stance. If it were any other book than your bible, would you accept that because such a book says that it is true, this is the case? There are many books saying the bible is false. Because they say so is this true? So why is your quest to verify the bible by using the bible to be accepted when other proofs are required for other books? You have different requirements for proof at your whim which are not consistant.

Hence the lack of veracty in your illogical arguments.
It is both historical discovery, and fulfilled Bible prophecies that show the Bible to be true. It is not because the Bible alone states the events are true. It is because much of what has been stated in the Bible as true, has been revealed as true by other outside sources. And as always, I ask for those here to show us that slam dunk evidence that would reveal the errors of the Bible, yet, (I'M STILL WAITING). There were beliefs that were written down by experts in the field of archaeology that stated King David, and the entire Biblical story of his kingdom was a myth. However, recent discoveries at Tel Dan has proven those experts wrong, and their written beliefs can now be tossed in the garbage. Everytime the Bible makes a statement, historical discovery only shows us those statements are true.
My beliefs, are consistant with the truth.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,697,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The bible clearly tells me that it is no authority on anything, so when you start a sentence as you often do with "the bible tells us" that only shows me that you don't think for yourself...
No sanspeur, what it is telling you, is before I try to put a product together, I always read the instruction manual. Especially if those directions have worked for others. And since you appear to me to be a little confused, I would suggest you try reading them as well. LOL

Old 02-12-2009, 08:08 AM

30,046 posts, read 30,801,451 times
It seems to me that the only thing you ever use in any discussions I've seen here is the bible, as a matter of fact I don't remember you ever expressing an original thought of your own. That leads me to believe that all your ideas come from that ancient outdated book....You dismiss anything that is not confirmed in your mind by said book....Ergo you do not think, but simply parrot what is in the bible.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
It seems to me that the only thing you ever use in any discussions I've seen here is the bible, as a matter of fact I don't remember you ever expressing an original thought of your own. That leads me to believe that all your ideas come from that ancient outdated book....You dismiss anything that is not confirmed in your mind by said book....Ergo you do not think, but simply parrot what is in the bible.
Excellant point. For some (especially the ultra religious) original thought is beyond the scope of their capabilities. If some else did not author it (the bible) it is just wrong and not worth contemplating. A thought of their own? That would be the work of the devil

Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It is both historical discovery, and fulfilled Bible prophecies that show the Bible to be true. It is not because the Bible alone states the events are true. It is because much of what has been stated in the Bible as true, has been revealed as true by other outside sources. And as always, I ask for those here to show us that slam dunk evidence that would reveal the errors of the Bible, yet, (I'M STILL WAITING). There were beliefs that were written down by experts in the field of archaeology that stated King David, and the entire Biblical story of his kingdom was a myth. However, recent discoveries at Tel Dan has proven those experts wrong, and their written beliefs can now be tossed in the garbage. Everytime the Bible makes a statement, historical discovery only shows us those statements are true.
My beliefs, are consistant with the truth.
Note the highlighted area (I supplied the highlight). Suddenly [b]much/B] equates to all. Which is it? Are you finally showing a glimmering of intelligent thought or is this a Freudian slip on your part admitting that not all of your bible is true?

You ask for proof of your bible being in error, yet when shown these proofs you dismiss them because they don't meet your beliefs. With your tunnel vision as to what is true or not you will never accept any proof, even your god himself appearing before you and telling you of the error of your ways. Your beliefs are consistant with denial of anything that conflicts with your set of beliefs and proves you wrong. Yet you still try to claim the high ground, without any real foundation to base it on. Hell, you don't even have physical proof that this Jesus of yours even really existed.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:54 AM

857 posts, read 1,232,850 times
Quote:
Hell, you don't even have physical proof that this Jesus of yours even really existed.
HAHA good point predos! if u had proof of his existence then he would be just another guy that had some good things to say. but u add in all this non sense about rising from the grave and the body disappearing and awaiting a second coming and he becomes god .

and isnt it interesting how the birth of the son of god happens at the end of the winter solstice and the sun starts rising again for the northern hemisphere. its not the birth of the son of god, its the birth of the sun (which to them was god) from pagan religions and christianity has simply adapted itself from many different parts of pagan religions.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:15 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,029,373 times
Quote:
what is your own thought for your existence ?

Old 02-12-2009, 01:21 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,029,373 times
Quote:
you don't even have physical proof that this Jesus of yours even really existed.

history is the proof

Old 02-12-2009, 01:23 PM

2,639 posts, read 5,943,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
history is the proof
What about Mohammed or Gautama Buddha or Guru Nanak Dev? By your reasoning history, is proof of them but I'm guessing you don't believe in them as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality