U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,026,169 times
Reputation: 91

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
HAHA good point predos! if u had proof of his existence then he would be just another guy that had some good things to say. but u add in all this non sense about rising from the grave and the body disappearing and awaiting a second coming and he becomes god .

and isnt it interesting how the birth of the son of god happens at the end of the winter solstice and the sun starts rising again for the northern hemisphere. its not the birth of the son of god, its the birth of the sun (which to them was god) from pagan religions and christianity has simply adapted itself from many different parts of pagan religions.

he never died yet
he is not God
he will come down from the sky placing his hands on the wings of two Angels


he will kill the antiChrist
he will break the cross
he will stay for 40 years then he will die for the first time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-12-2009, 01:31 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,026,169 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynoodleboycey View Post
What about Mohammed or Gautama Buddha or Guru Nanak Dev? By your reasoning history, is proof of them but I'm guessing you don't believe in them as well?

history is only proof for the existence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,684,264 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It seems to me that the only thing you ever use in any discussions I've seen here is the bible, as a matter of fact I don't remember you ever expressing an original thought of your own. That leads me to believe that all your ideas come from that ancient outdated book....You dismiss anything that is not confirmed in your mind by said book....Ergo you do not think, but simply parrot what is in the bible.
I usually come here and speak of the Bible, because the Bible is the Book that has been proven correct numerous times from historical discovery. And I base my life on it. However, in my previous employment, I was a guy who has devloped numerous and new ways to speed up production lines, and was considered the maintenance innovator. Presently, I'm the Powerhouse engineer for a hospital. And outside of that, I am also a diver who has spent my free time searching for shipwrecks here in Lake Michigan. In either case, neither of these ambitions required ideas from the ancient Book. And original thought was, and is required to succeed at all of them. Yet, if we are going to be speaking about spiritual things, why not speak of them from a Book that reveals factual truths? And until one of you good fellows can show me that the Bible is filled with errors. Chances are, you will be hearing more parrot responses from me. Polly want a cracker. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,040 posts, read 30,718,228 times
Reputation: 12222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I usually come here and speak of the Bible, because the Bible is the Book that has been proven correct numerous times from historical discovery. And I base my life on it. However, in my previous employment, I was a guy who has devloped numerous and new ways to speed up production lines, and was considered the maintenance innovator. Presently, I'm the Powerhouse engineer for a hospital. And outside of that, I am also a diver who has spent my free time searching for shipwrecks here in Lake Michigan. In either case, neither of these ambitions required ideas from the ancient Book. And original thought was, and is required to succeed at all of them. Yet, if we are going to be speaking about spiritual things, why not speak of them from a Book that reveals factual truths? And until one of you good fellows can show me that the Bible is filled with errors. Chances are, you will be hearing more parrot responses from me. Polly want a cracker. LOL
Once again you confirm that you don't think...These errors and inconsistencies have been pointed out to you many times, as has proof that evolution is a fact, that there are transitional fossils, and the flood as described in the bible is impossible. You dismiss it all and continue to parrot what is in the bible...No reasonable person who thinks would give credibility to these myths, yet you say " It's in the bible therefore it is true"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,988,809 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
history is the proof
Proof of what? A lack of evidence is proof of nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 03:23 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,026,169 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Proof of what? A lack of evidence is proof of nothing.
proof of that once upon a time there was man called Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,040 posts, read 30,718,228 times
Reputation: 12222
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
proof of that once upon a time there was man called Jesus
There is no proof that Jesus even existed I'm not saying he didn't, but nobody really knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,684,264 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Once again you confirm that you don't think...These errors and inconsistencies have been pointed out to you many times, as has proof that evolution is a fact, that there are transitional fossils, and the flood as described in the bible is impossible. You dismiss it all and continue to parrot what is in the bible...No reasonable person who thinks would give credibility to these myths, yet you say " It's in the bible therefore it is true"
sanspeur, you very well know, that I have refuted most of the evidence you have posted here, and yet you keep suggesting that evolution is a fact. I doub't that you would be able to even get hard line Evolutionest to suggest the Theory of Evolution is a proven fact. Much of what you call myths of the Bible, have been proven to be fact because of historical discovery, which you seem to ignore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,040 posts, read 30,718,228 times
Reputation: 12222
I think I've made my point....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 09:12 PM
 
1,986 posts, read 3,471,508 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
...and isnt it interesting how the birth of the son of god happens at the end of the winter solstice and the sun starts rising again for the northern hemisphere. its not the birth of the son of god, its the birth of the sun (which to them was god) from pagan religions and christianity has simply adapted itself from many different parts of pagan religions.
Hey, I like this. Never heard it like this before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top