U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-12-2009, 09:20 PM
 
1,986 posts, read 3,472,125 times
Reputation: 1289

Advertisements

I believe God is, but had NOTHING to do with the bible.

People hide behind it because they can't think for themselves. They judge and condemn anyone who disagrees because they are afraid they themselves are wrong. They can't prove anything and that bothers them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-12-2009, 09:25 PM
 
105 posts, read 211,585 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
How could the Bible be the word of God if it is filled with contridictions, unanswered and unexplained questions, unverifiable events, questionable characters and many, many other flaws?

If the the Bible is the Word of God and the Word of God is the mind of God, as Christians believe...then... God has a confused mind, full of contridiction.

How could this be?

The Holy Scriptures are the inspired Word of God, written, copied,
and revised over centuries by fallible human beings.

Truth is where you find it.
So who ya' gonna call? Ghostbusters?

Besides, If God wants to change his
mind, it's perfectly fine with me. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 09:30 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,685,193 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
I believe God is, but had NOTHING to do with the bible.

People hide behind it because they can't think for themselves. They judge and condemn anyone who disagrees because they are afraid they themselves are wrong. They can't prove anything and that bothers them.
If the prophecies of the Bible are true, we do not need to hide behind them. We need to state that truth to all who will consider them. If God had (NOTHING) to do with the Bible. How do you explain the truth of Bible prophecies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 09:39 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,990,123 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If the prophecies of the Bible are true, we do not need to hide behind them. We need to state that truth to all who will consider them. If God had (NOTHING) to do with the Bible. How do you explain the truth of Bible prophecies?

Simple...lies. Attempts to awe the minds of those to simple to think for themselves. Come to think of it, that describes the bible, also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 09:41 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,990,123 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
proof of that once upon a time there was man called Jesus
Is Frodo Baggins true? He was written about to the same degree with the same authority.

You need to do better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 10:34 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,685,193 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Simple...lies. Attempts to awe the minds of those to simple to think for themselves. Come to think of it, that describes the bible, also.
What part of the Jewish return to Israel in the latter days is a lie? What part of Jerusalems East Gate prophecy is a lie? Because if you can ignore (all the details) of those prophecies which we can see happening today. I believe it would require someone who really was a simple thinker to do that. Confronted with facts, yet ignore them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,041 posts, read 30,723,387 times
Reputation: 12222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
What part of the Jewish return to Israel in the latter days is a lie? What part of Jerusalems East Gate prophecy is a lie? Because if you can ignore (all the details) of those prophecies which we can see happening today. I believe it would require someone who really was a simple thinker to do that. Confronted with facts, yet ignore them?
They aren't facts Campbell, They are just The delusions you seem to get by reading the bible....Talk about simple thinker, you don't think at all, but repeat the clap trap you read in the bible ad infinitum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,685,193 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
They aren't facts Campbell, They are just The delusions you seem to get by reading the bible....Talk about simple thinker, you don't think at all, but repeat the clap trap you read in the bible ad infinitum.
Well you know sanspeur, the Bible tells us that the Jews would return to Israel in the latter days. It states this would be a worldwide exile they would be returning from. It tells us they would return to south Israel first, and latter they would retake Jerusalem. Also the Bible tells us these events would occur in the day when the nations of the east had the ability to raise up an army of 200 million men. These are facts that the Bible stated. Now maybe you don't want to believe those facts, yet they are written down for all to see, and can only be denied by blind faith non thinking people. Since I can read, and since I am not into denial, I have just stated what is clearly written down. Only the delusional would deny what is clearly stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,041 posts, read 30,723,387 times
Reputation: 12222
The bible says....Every one of your posts include that phrase...What I really want to know is what you say...or think. You know what I think of the bible by now, so using it to prove a point to me is rather futile....Use your own mind and words instead, and that would make much more of an impact on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Columbus, OH
857 posts, read 1,230,631 times
Reputation: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If the prophecies of the Bible are true, we do not need to hide behind them. We need to state that truth to all who will consider them. If God had (NOTHING) to do with the Bible. How do you explain the truth of Bible prophecies?
The problem with the prophecies is that they are so vague that EVENTUALLY something will occur to make them seem like they are coming true. And it happens in other cultures/religions too, and some r better than the bible! take the Mayans, who (according to some) successfully predicted the coming of the Spanish to the exact day of April 21 1519 (which strangely enough was also Easter Sunday of that year). And the Mayans put their prophecies on a Calander with exact dates, not random open ended phrases like, when the east can raise an army of 200 million

If u only have ur one god and he talks to the chosen people or jesus or whatever u beleive, what was he doing talking to the mayans?? cuz obviously prohecies could only have come from the mouth of god right???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top