U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-13-2009, 12:34 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,992,895 times
Reputation: 3602

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
What part of the Jewish return to Israel in the latter days is a lie? What part of Jerusalems East Gate prophecy is a lie? Because if you can ignore (all the details) of those prophecies which we can see happening today. I believe it would require someone who really was a simple thinker to do that. Confronted with facts, yet ignore them?
I can ignore anything that I want, just like you do. It takes a really simple thinker (such as you) to believe everything you are told in a fairy tale novel and not to really think about it. You have been constantly confronted with facts disputing your allegations, yet you ignore them because you think you are god and know best for everyone. What conceit, linked with being naive to the same degree as people 2000 years ago and just believing what you are told.

Your act is really getting old and, what is worse, pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2009, 12:38 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,686,957 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
The problem with the prophecies is that they are so vague that EVENTUALLY something will occur to make them seem like they are coming true. And it happens in other cultures/religions too, and some r better than the bible! take the Mayans, who (according to some) successfully predicted the coming of the Spanish to the exact day of April 21 1519 (which strangely enough was also Easter Sunday of that year). And the Mayans put their prophecies on a Calander with exact dates, not random open ended phrases like, when the east can raise an army of 200 million

If u only have ur one god and he talks to the chosen people or jesus or whatever u beleive, what was he doing talking to the mayans?? cuz obviously prohecies could only have come from the mouth of god right???
Jesus speaks to people who seek Him, and it does not matter where they are. In Islamic countries where the Christian faith is banned, Islamics are telling us that Jesus Christ is appearing to them in their dreams, and He is telling them to follow Him. Thousands of Islamics are coming to Christ because of these dreams. Jesus chosen people are not seperated by the boundries of men. God can reach His people who seek Him reguardless of mans attempts to stop His Gospel. You say the prophecies of the Bible are vague. Can you share with us which prophecies in the Bible you base that claim on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 12:39 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,992,895 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well you know sanspeur, the Bible tells us that the Jews would return to Israel in the latter days. It states this would be a worldwide exile they would be returning from. It tells us they would return to south Israel first, and latter they would retake Jerusalem. Also the Bible tells us these events would occur in the day when the nations of the east had the ability to raise up an army of 200 million men. These are facts that the Bible stated. Now maybe you don't want to believe those facts, yet they are written down for all to see, and can only be denied by blind faith non thinking people. Since I can read, and since I am not into denial, I have just stated what is clearly written down. Only the delusional would deny what is clearly stated.
Once again, you are trying to apply your standards to something to make it fit with your preconceived delusions. Blind faith makes you want these things so badly you falsify reality to make it fit your wants. The bible tells you nothing...it is a static piece of fiction with a very few coincidences that you try to make your life out of.

I said it before, if your god came to talk face to face with you and told you that you had it wrong, you would deny it because the bible, in your opinion is the answer to everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 12:52 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,686,957 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
I can ignore anything that I want, just like you do. It takes a really simple thinker (such as you) to believe everything you are told in a fairy tale novel and not to really think about it. You have been constantly confronted with facts disputing your allegations, yet you ignore them because you think you are god and know best for everyone. What conceit, linked with being naive to the same degree as people 2000 years ago and just believing what you are told.

Your act is really getting old and, what is worse, pathetic.
What facts have I been confrounted with? I have pointed out Biblical facts, and historical discoveries that confirm those facts. Your posts are filled with empty accusations, and no content.
PLEASE, could you show me what post you have confronted me with facts that dispute my allegations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
 
Location: England
3,243 posts, read 3,028,558 times
Reputation: 3182
He's right C34 you are pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,686,957 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Once again, you are trying to apply your standards to something to make it fit with your preconceived delusions. Blind faith makes you want these things so badly you falsify reality to make it fit your wants. The bible tells you nothing...it is a static piece of fiction with a very few coincidences that you try to make your life out of.

I said it before, if your god came to talk face to face with you and told you that you had it wrong, you would deny it because the bible, in your opinion is the answer to everything.
Predos, what reality have I falsified? I can show you written personal accounts that will back up my statements. Outside of you empty accusations, do you offer us any proof to suggest that my statements are based on false information? It is pretty obvious to me, you know very little about the Bible. And it does not appear you belief is based on any knowledge of the subject. And I believe that is why you come here with little or no content to support your belief. You say the Bible is fiction, yet if that is the case, why are they finding that historical discovery is confirming it as true? Can you answer that question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 01:59 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,686,957 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The bible says....Every one of your posts include that phrase...What I really want to know is what you say...or think. You know what I think of the bible by now, so using it to prove a point to me is rather futile....Use your own mind and words instead, and that would make much more of an impact on me.
Well you see sanspeur, what bothers me, is what you think of the truth. If the Bible offers us truth, you do not what to believe that because that truth is found in the Bible. And your whole life appears to be slanted against any belief in the Bible. Even if historical discovery states, that the Biblical account is true. You refuse to believe it, because it is expressed in the Bible. And now the only reason you want to know what I think, is so you don't have to consider the truth found in the Bible. I have discovered the truth of the Bible, because I used my own mind. It appears you have shut that part of your mind off, and have closed that door. Especially when it comes to Biblical considerations. What is it about that Book, that makes you slam the door to Biblical considerations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,042 posts, read 30,733,533 times
Reputation: 12223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well you see sanspeur, what bothers me, is what you think of the truth. If the Bible offers us truth, you do not what to believe that because that truth is found in the Bible. And your whole life appears to be slanted against any belief in the Bible. Even if historical discovery states, that the Biblical account is true. You refuse to believe it, because it is expressed in the Bible. And now the only reason you want to know what I think, is so you don't have to consider the truth found in the Bible. I have discovered the truth of the Bible, because I used my own mind. It appears you have shut that part of your mind off, and have closed that door. Especially when it comes to Biblical considerations. What is it about that Book, that makes you slam the door to Biblical considerations?
On the contrary Campbell, I do realize that there are some things in the bible that are true, including some history, but unlike you I am capable of discerning between fact and fiction. There are other things in that book that could be true, but can't be verified, then there are the allegories, outright fantasies, and myths which I dismiss, but you accept without question.

When I get information I analyze it and attempt to confirm it, but you just accept it as truth, no matter how impossible. More than that, you manage to twist many of the verses, even some that are plainly written to suit your pessimist theory of prophesies. The bible was never intended to be a book of literal truths, but more as a guide and set of rules, sometimes using examples and metaphors.

In any case the bible is sadly outdated as any kind of guide in today's world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
 
42 posts, read 57,828 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
I can ignore anything that I want, just like you do. It takes a really simple thinker (such as you) to believe everything you are told in a fairy tale novel and not to really think about it. You have been constantly confronted with facts disputing your allegations, yet you ignore them because you think you are god and know best for everyone. What conceit, linked with being naive to the same degree as people 2000 years ago and just believing what you are told.

Your act is really getting old and, what is worse, pathetic.

You believe in evolution which no one in history can back up. So it's a fairy tale from modern scientists. Atheists ask us to prove the bible is true all the while closing their ears and eyes when we prove the truth to them. That's like someone with his eyes closed asking us to prove the world is round. But then atheists never were that logical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 03:28 PM
 
2,955 posts, read 6,636,787 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico View Post
That's like someone with his eyes closed asking us to prove the world is round. But then atheists never were that logical.
Um - what would be wrong with that?
Is the person with eyes closed very stupid? If not, they could easily understand the concept with just a verbal explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top