U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-14-2009, 10:22 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,016,713 times
Reputation: 3602

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Predos, what reality have I falsified? I can show you written personal accounts that will back up my statements. Outside of you empty accusations, do you offer us any proof to suggest that my statements are based on false information? It is pretty obvious to me, you know very little about the Bible. And it does not appear you belief is based on any knowledge of the subject. And I believe that is why you come here with little or no content to support your belief. You say the Bible is fiction, yet if that is the case, why are they finding that historical discovery is confirming it as true? Can you answer that question?
Once again, you give a great example of circular logic. The reality you have falsfied is all around you. Because you close your mind to it does not make it unreal.

As for your "written personal account"...bull. You re claiming the bible, which has been translated, editted and spun for so many years, no one can say with any truth if it even resembles the original. Additionally, your written proofs have no proof of authorship, hence no way to prove truth.

You dontinue to demand proof (to your satisfaction be supplied that the bible is false. Yet you refuse to consider anything you do not consider worthy in your thoughts. I have told you (now try real hrd to comprehend this) that I consider the bible false. Having read it, to any clear thinking person, it at least raises questions about authenticity and to any who have studied other philosophies and beliefs shows itself to be false.

As for why you think that the bible is continuing to be "proven" correct, have you ever conducted or read research on any other study? The most common problem is always that the researcher (who has a preconceived agenda in the case of the bible) finds what he wants to find. Kind of a fixed study, if you could admit the truth. But of course, you can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-14-2009, 10:26 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,016,713 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico View Post
You believe in evolution which no one in history can back up. So it's a fairy tale from modern scientists. Atheists ask us to prove the bible is true all the while closing their ears and eyes when we prove the truth to them. That's like someone with his eyes closed asking us to prove the world is round. But then atheists never were that logical.
Illogical because they are bred from the ultra religious? With that kind of self deceiving heritage, what else could they be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2009, 10:27 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 8,016,713 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico View Post
What's wrong with it? Well it shows:


1) That the question wasn't sincere since the person who asked the question deliberately closes his eyes and ears to the answers
2) It shows that the person who asked the question doesn't want to look at all sides of the issue
3) It shows that the person who asked the question is afraid to hear and see what he doesn't want to hear and see
4) It shows that the person who asks the question has to deliberately close his eyes and ears to the answers since the answers threaten his belief system.



For starters.

Would that be a self description of you and your beliefs? Sure sounds like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2009, 11:19 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,699,008 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
On the contrary Campbell, I do realize that there are some things in the bible that are true, including some history, but unlike you I am capable of discerning between fact and fiction. There are other things in that book that could be true, but can't be verified, then there are the allegories, outright fantasies, and myths which I dismiss, but you accept without question.

When I get information I analyze it and attempt to confirm it, but you just accept it as truth, no matter how impossible. More than that, you manage to twist many of the verses, even some that are plainly written to suit your pessimist theory of prophesies. The bible was never intended to be a book of literal truths, but more as a guide and set of rules, sometimes using examples and metaphors.

In any case the bible is sadly outdated as any kind of guide in today's world.
Jesus did not come here with a set of rules to follow. He came here and told us to follow Him. Also, you say you believe somethings found in the Bible, yet there is strong evidence for the Red Sea crossing, yet why do you reject that evidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2009, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,046 posts, read 30,805,992 times
Reputation: 12226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jesus did not come here with a set of rules to follow. He came here and told us to follow Him. Also, you say you believe somethings found in the Bible, yet there is strong evidence for the Red Sea crossing, yet why do you reject that evidence?
There may have been a crossing at the sea of reeds, but parting the waters is not possible. There is no real evidence of any crossing in either place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2009, 11:37 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,699,008 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Once again, you give a great example of circular logic. The reality you have falsfied is all around you. Because you close your mind to it does not make it unreal.

As for your "written personal account"...bull. You re claiming the bible, which has been translated, editted and spun for so many years, no one can say with any truth if it even resembles the original. Additionally, your written proofs have no proof of authorship, hence no way to prove truth.

You dontinue to demand proof (to your satisfaction be supplied that the bible is false. Yet you refuse to consider anything you do not consider worthy in your thoughts. I have told you (now try real hrd to comprehend this) that I consider the bible false. Having read it, to any clear thinking person, it at least raises questions about authenticity and to any who have studied other philosophies and beliefs shows itself to be false.

As for why you think that the bible is continuing to be "proven" correct, have you ever conducted or read research on any other study? The most common problem is always that the researcher (who has a preconceived agenda in the case of the bible) finds what he wants to find. Kind of a fixed study, if you could admit the truth. But of course, you can't.
The Dead Sea scrolls were written down and have been presevered for over 2,000 years. To suggest that we do not have an accurate Biblical account would be foolish. There is no historical account from the ancient world more secure than what we see in the Bible. The scrolls have been presevered from the time they were written, so you can not claim they were falsfied. And those scrolls agree with the more modern copies of the Bible that have been past down to us through the generations. You consider the Bible false, only because it is your desire not to believe it. You cannot consider it false based on any evidence you could present here. I can admit to the truth, because I have never swayed from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2009, 11:37 AM
 
2,058 posts, read 4,325,718 times
Reputation: 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Nah, just like he promised, they just died into non-existance, just like all good atheists hope to do some day. Nope , that would'nt have worked either. You and the other atheist dudes/dudettes would have complained that he did'nt allow mankind enough time to prove the free-willed independance thing and he was trying to force us all to be nothing more than robots. Please read 1 MontanaGuy 1:1 "Satan's Side of the Story" Nope Nope Nope it was only about 4000 years. Besides, in order to teach how independent thinkers benefit or not by following or not following God's Laws, a certain amount of time had to be allowed in order for the court case to reach a number of conclusions. Yay or Nay Come on silly, you and I would'nt have been here if he'd done that. Did'nt you watch the "Back to the Future" movie and listen and pay attention to Doc Brown's "Space Time Continueum Theory" Thingy Gingy ???
For the record, I am not an athiest. My problem is not with God, per se', but with the way God is presented in the Bible.

You fail to understand that one can believe in God, but reject Jesus or the God of the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2009, 11:57 AM
 
2,255 posts, read 4,808,670 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
For the record, I am not an athiest. My problem is not with God, per se', but with the way God is presented in the Bible.
Perhaps the problem is the way the historical Ecclesiastical hierarchy has presented it all this time ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359
You fail to understand that one can believe in God, but reject Jesus or the God of the Bible.
Well this would certainly explain most of Christendom's rejection of it's contents today. As a result, we have them sticking their big nose into politics where it does'nt belong, the elimination of some cultures and races during Imperialist European world domination with the various Churches blessings, most horrible wars during our 20th Century, fleecing of the poor when Jesus commanded them to give for free, etc. Okay, then yes, perhaps you've parially hit the nail on the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,699,008 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There may have been a crossing at the sea of reeds, but parting the waters is not possible. There is no real evidence of any crossing in either place.
There is evidence of the crossing site, and the site in question is marked off by two red granit pillars. If you look on google earth you can see one of them, and that Pillar had the Biblical names chisled in them. Between those pillars, they are finding numerous artifacts from the Egyptian army. How can you say there is no evidence? Two groups have already gone there to confirm that site. When the evidence confirms one of the great miracles of the Bible, do you just pretend it does not exist?

Red Sea Crossing Discovered. Artifacts & Evidence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2009, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,046 posts, read 30,805,992 times
Reputation: 12226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
There is evidence of the crossing site, and the site in question is marked off by two red granit pillars. If you look on google earth you can see one of them, and that Pillar had the Biblical names chisled in them. Between those pillars, they are finding numerous artifacts from the Egyptian army. How can you say there is no evidence? Two groups have already gone there to confirm that site. When the evidence confirms one of the great miracles of the Bible, do you just pretend it does not exist?

Red Sea Crossing Discovered. Artifacts & Evidence
Campbell you have posted this "evidence" numerous times...I do not find anything by Ron Wyatt credible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top