U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,687,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
That's what I love about the true believers...they can't even make a decision unless the bible tells them to. They have to have someone else do it for them.
Predos, your the one who claims there are countradictions in the Bible, now you want me to pick out a contradiction for you? I guess this is what happens when you don't have to think about what you believe in. Hey, the ball is in your court, you made the claim, now you show me the countradiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 05:05 PM

90 posts, read 120,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
The Bible is the word of God - without a shadow of a dobut. There is nothing in that book that can be disproved. Those that have tried - and there have been many - have failed, and some have even become so convinced that they have become christians themselves! There is a book around - called "Who moved the Stone" - read it - the guy who wrote it was anti God and thourght the same as you, but when he did his diligent research and really looked into it, he realised how accurate the Bible is. The dates, times, places - the names of Kings and Leaders - they are accurate! Archaeologists have USED the Bible - to find lost cities that were already mentioned in the Bible! Nothing in it can be disproved - on the contrary - it is proven time and time again.

There are prophecies in the Old Testament relating to the New - Jesus Christ - the place of his birth - the era. The death of Jesus and the manner of his execution - in the Old Testamnent. I have read the Bible through from cover to cover - it is not pretty - No - but it is real - real characters - people who messed up, people who failed - people who found God when they sought for him.

So you can trust the Bible. God gave us a handbook for life - and the Bible is IT. Read it with an open heart - pray and ask God to speak through this Living Word - to speak to you!
the bible was written by people who did not even meet jesus. plus do they not have last names??? there are also various diff versions of the bible whereas there is only one copy of the quran which has not changed since it came down from allah.

jesus did not die on the cross only the someone with the likeness of him did. he did not die but allah took him straight to paradise.

the quran is the only true word of God (Allah). he sent it down to his last prophet mohamed (peace and blessing be upon him) through gabrial. all things predicted in the quran have come true. also all of science, maths has come rom islam. google it!

islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishmuslim View Post
the bible was written by people who did not even meet jesus. plus do they not have last names??? there are also various diff versions of the bible whereas there is only one copy of the quran which has not changed since it came down from allah.

jesus did not die on the cross only the someone with the likeness of him did. he did not die but allah took him straight to paradise.

the quran is the only true word of God (Allah). he sent it down to his last prophet mohamed (peace and blessing be upon him) through gabrial. all things predicted in the quran have come true. also all of science, maths has come rom islam. google it!

The Quran does not show us prophecies that are truthful as the Bible does. Only the God who knows the future could do this. And it is obvious only the Author of the Bible is the true God, because He has revealed that future to us. Can you show us truthful prophecies that we can see in the Quran?

Old 02-22-2009, 07:26 PM

10,494 posts, read 10,086,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Campbell, perhaps you would care to explain these contradictions in your holy book and anyone else is welcome to have their say about these contradictions also. Be sure to read them very thoroughly.

http://www.islamway.com/english/images/library/contradictions.htm,

Losing Faith In Faith

Campbell, I take it your ignoring these because you can not explain any of them or unwilling to and as far as picking one out, that's entirely up to you, the ball is in your court now as you say. And like I said earlier, you do a fine job of talking around the subject but never addressing it directly, so perhaps you'd care to explain these contradictions without the doubletalk and address them directly. I'm sure the rest of the individuals here would love to hear your explanations on this matter.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:42 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,994,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Predos, your the one who claims there are countradictions in the Bible, now you want me to pick out a contradiction for you? I guess this is what happens when you don't have to think about what you believe in. Hey, the ball is in your court, you made the claim, now you show me the countradiction.
Time to take your pill again, Campbell. YOU wanted specific examples of contradictions provided to you, which you are apparantly incapable of addressing. Anything that you are presented with, you twist and snivel about "intrepretation" and what "is really being said". Bull. You have closed your mind to all but your own thoughts. You have even limited your god by saying he is incapable of changing his mind but remains all powerful. This is a real instance of how even you don't truly believe the garbage you spew and the lack of conviction you have.

BTW, not having to think about what you believe in? Perhaps because it is so beyond doubt that there is no need to think about it. It seems you spend all of your time thinking about what you should believe. It would seem that this reinforces the fact that you doubt its truth.

Now spin out of this truth.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:13 PM

25,165 posts, read 47,393,687 times
Exactly, it sounds more like the word of humans since humans are full of contradictions and communicate in annoyingly cryptic ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
How could the Bible be the word of God if it is filled with contridictions, unanswered and unexplained questions, unverifiable events, questionable characters and many, many other flaws?

If the the Bible is the Word of God and the Word of God is the mind of God, as Christians believe...then... God has a confused mind, full of contridiction.

How could this be?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:15 PM

25,165 posts, read 47,393,687 times
You left out Ted Haggard and the pedophile Priests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
So, here we go again. The only people who God speaks to are those who read the Bible? Jim Jones, David Korash, Bishops and priests who killed millions because they did not convert to Christianity all read the Living Word, as you put it. I guess God spoke to them!

Old 02-23-2009, 12:30 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,797,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishmuslim View Post

Felt this should be copied over here as well, to show where you are in error. TXSooner stated on another thread...
"Wrong. Matthew wrote a book and was one of his apostles. John wrote 5 books and was his apostle. Peter wrote 2 books and was his apostle. All three were eyewitnesses to his ministry. The last book of my Bible, the book of Revelation, was written by John around A.D. 81 - 96, almost 500 years before Muhammad's birth."

This is what the Quran teaches, not the Word of God.

You believe this, just as much as I believe the Bible to be the only inspired Word of God. And, since you're so keen on repeating the error that the writers of the Bible had not even met Jesus, maybe now is a good time to point out that Muhammed did not know Jesus.

Mormonism has grown like a wild fire as well...maybe you should believe that the Book of Mormon is God's last book, since it came after the Quran.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:15 PM

90 posts, read 120,558 times
to me my religion and to you yours.

jesus (peace be upon him) was muslim and told everyone that a final prophet was to follow him. this would be the seal of all prophets

of course mohamed (peace and blessing be upon him) did not meet Jesus he was born after. The same as jesus did not meet noah or moses or abraham (peace be upon them all).

we will never agree and as the quran says whatever I say to you will not make any difference.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Campbell, I take it your ignoring these because you can not explain any of them or unwilling to and as far as picking one out, that's entirely up to you, the ball is in your court now as you say. And like I said earlier, you do a fine job of talking around the subject but never addressing it directly, so perhaps you'd care to explain these contradictions without the doubletalk and address them directly. I'm sure the rest of the individuals here would love to hear your explanations on this matter.
I have told you, I am not impressed with lists, and the reason is because those who give them to me have not taken the time themselves to study them. I will answer any countradiction you put before me. But you need to give me the hardest one you can find. I'm not talking around the subject. I'm asking you to present a slam dunk contradiction. If your to lazy to do that, I am not going to waste my time. As far as I'm concerned, you guys love to hide behind these list. And when you present the first countradiction, and I shown to be false, you would present another which is refuted, and so on, and so on. Then when we get to the end, I find these same people saying I have not refuted any. I want a slam dunk contradiction. Can you provide that for me? This should not be hard for you to do, after all, you said the Bible is filled with contradictions. Now, there may be thousands of people who will read this post, and I am here to answer anything you claim is contradiction. Yet, I want the one that should be impossible to explain away. And I'm sure the rest of the individuals here would love to see your slam dunk contradiction. And I will take it if you cannot present us with (ONE), it is because you don't have one. Don't forget, you said the Bible is filled with contradictions.

(CAN YOU PRESENT US WITH ONE?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality