U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 01:17 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,025,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Let me put it this way, moonsun. Let's say I am a Mormon. I say to you... moonsun, you need to read the Book of Mormon. It is from God's last prophet, Joseph Smith, and it is God's final word. Yes, it may contradict what you believe from the Quran, but just look past that. You need to read and study and believe the Book of Mormon if you want to get to heaven.

Would you read it, with an open mind, even though you believe the Quran is God's final word, and even though you don't believe Joseph Smith was a prophet, and even though it contradicts the Quran?
the quran did not leave any thing for chances or for false prophets

there is no prophet after Jesus except prophet Muhammad peace and blessing be upon them and there will be no prophet after him and no holy book after the quran and the only holy book before the quran was the gospel

Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

their case is very weak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 02:22 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,747,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
their case is very weak
See...here's the problem with all your postings. You seem to think that by making a good "case," you're going to win people over to your side. The fact is, anyone who practices a religion tends to believe in its tenets. You can declare yours to be "right" until you turn blue in the face, but that's your perspective and nothing more. Case closed.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:04 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,794,291 times
Quote:

there is no prophet after Jesus except prophet Muhammad peace and blessing be upon them and there will be no prophet after him and no holy book after the quran and the only holy book before the quran was the gospel

Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

their case is very weak
You see, moonsun...everything you just said, is what I believe, only substitute the Bible for the Quran, and that there is no prophet after Jesus, period.

You think their case is weak, I believe yours is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
See...here's the problem with all your postings. You seem to think that by making a good "case," you're going to win people over to your side. The fact is, anyone who practices a religion tends to believe in its tenets. You can declare yours to be "right" until you turn blue in the face, but that's your perspective and nothing more. Case closed.
Exactly, fred.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:35 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,681,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
My, aren't you special! Self proclaimed annointed of your god! Are you really declaring your own divinity or just practicing the sin of pride?

Your "truth" has physical backing to you, in your belief. My truth has phsyical backing in reality. Your obvious evidence is only obvious if you already believe it. If not, it is a continuing stack of lies.

You are always one demanding proof be set in front of you. Show me proof, without using your fictitious true bible as your standard. Surely, if it is the truth it can be recognized without the trappings of religious bigotry.
What does the Bible have to do with religious bigotry? People like you use to say that King David, and Israels two kingdomes were just myths. Yet recent discoveries at Tel Dan have revealed that King David and Israels two Kingdoms were real. And once agian, the Bible was proven correct. And those who said that Biblical story was a myth, are still wiping egg off their faces. The Bible continually makes fools of those who claim it's stories are false.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:

their case is very weak
Christians have prophets today, and they speak the truth. Islam does not have prophets, because they do not know God. Islam has no authority to speak Gods truth. The Bible has such authority, and that is why Christians know what is going to happen in the future.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
As I said, very nice for mortal man to decide which truth is really gods.

Campbell, you have done more for Atheism with your blathering than you could possibly know.
Well, I don't want to upset you to much Predos, yet over the years I have seen numerous people come to Jesus Christ because I have reached out to them with God's truth. And the Bible has stated that the preaching of the cross to them that perish is foolishness, but to we that are alive and well it is the power of God. Most of the World is headed for Hell Predos, and without Christ in your life there is no hope. Everyone must make a choice. Yet the Bible tells us, most of the world will choose to go to Hell.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Campbell, you must understand one thing, I am not a Christian, nor a Jew, or Muslim, nor am I an atheist or agnostic, I do not belong to any organized religion, nor do I belong to any particular religious ethnicity, I am Native American, I am Tsalagi, I am Keetoowah, I believe in a Creator, I just don't believe in your god or your Christianity, I do not believe that your Jesus is my savior, as a Keetoowah I am a believer in the ancient ways of my people, I worship the way my ancestors did and as I was taught to do and when my time comes I do not wish to go to your heaven because there will be none of my ancestors there, I will pass over into the next world and I will sit among my ancestors and continue on the journey of learning, this is my belief, this is my culture. So your prophecies mean nothing to me, you're different interpretations of your holy book do not concern me, it is not of my world and I do not need Christians preaching to me about my soul going to your hell because I do not believe in your Jesus, that is your belief, not mine. My people are here to be the caretakers of this mother Earth because without it none of us can survive. The native people of this land have been its caretakers for many thousands of years and have done so without your holy book or any holy book, we have a basic belief in a Creator and we all have a basic respect for mother Earth, that is our belief. osay
It's just as the Scriptures state, there is a way that seems right unto a man, but the end there of is the way of death. I know the prophecies don't mean anything to you, yet that is because the truth does not mean anything to you either. For in those prophecies you will find the truth. Yet you could only find it, if you choose not to ignore the prophecies. The Bible clearly states, that many would worship the creation rather than the Creator. It is your basic belief that has allow you to filter out what is real, so you can imbrace that which is a fable.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:17 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,025,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
You think their case is weak, I believe yours is.

the truth is strong and the falsehood is weak
and my case is islam and islam is truth
my case is strong

some times the falsehood is on top only for a period of time may be short may be long

but at the end the truth goes to top and the falsehood goes to the bottom

He sends down water (rain) from the sky, and the valleys flow according to their measure, but
the flood bears away the foam that mounts up to the surface - and (also) from that (ore) which
they heat in the fire in order to make ornaments or utensils, rises a foam like unto it,
thus does Allâh (by parables) show forth truth and falsehood . Then, as for the foam it passes away as
scum upon the banks, while that which is for the good of mankind remains in the earth. Thus
Allâh sets forth parables (for the truth and falsehood, i.e. Belief and disbelief). 13:17

Old 02-27-2009, 06:24 AM

1,269 posts, read 572,715 times
You can spot 'em from a mile away....those ignorant of what the Bible says. "I havnt read much of it, but it cant be true!" lol. Idiots.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:27 AM

1,269 posts, read 572,715 times
Quote:
bla...bla....bla....... that which is for the good of mankind remains in the earth.
Indeed, I still have my Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality