U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:00 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,028,672 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by moonsun
that which is for the good of mankind remains in the earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
Indeed, I still have my Bible.

yes
but the word Bible is not in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 08:19 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,694,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
how many ?
what are they ?
how many already happend ?
how many yet to come?
The prophecies of Jesus Christ are found in the Old Testament, and there are at least 300 of them which were fulfilled by Him in His lifetime.

In the Old Testament it clearly tells us that just before the return of Jesus Christ in the last days, we would see the Jewish people return from a worldwide exile. They would return to the land of Israel, and they would retake Jerusalem. Their return would anger many nations. All of this is happening.

Also, the Old Testament tells us that Jerusalems Old East Gate would still exist, and the Old Gate would have a porch Gate added to the orginal Gate, and the Porch Gate would be seald up, and no one would be able to open that Gate until the Prince to come would do this. Non believers in the Bible hate this prophecy, because over in Jerusalem today we find that the orginal East Gate was buried by the Romans about two thousand years ago, and other non believers in the Bible built a Porch Gate, and the used the orginal buried Gate as it's foundation, and then latter on those non believers sealed the new Porch Gate. Today, Jerusalems New East Porch Gate exist, and this prophecy was fulfilled by non believers in the Bible. Time has shown us, that the Bible had advanced knowledge, and todays non believers can not claim this is a selfulfilled prophecy. And that is why the hate this prophecy, and that is why they like to ignore it's truth. The only one who could of had such advanced knowledge that this new Gate would be built, is God. And the only one who could of authored the Bible with this kind of knowledge, is God. None of the other religious text has this kind of proof. The Bible knew the Jewish people would return to Israel, and Jerusalem in the last days. And the Bible also knew that Jerusalems sealed East Porch Gate would remain sealed until Christ returns to open it again.

26 East Gate

There are numerous future prophecies that will occur before Christ returns, one of them is the rebuilding of Jerusalems third Temple. Non believers will tell you this will never happen, yet most of the Jews in Israel would love to see this occur. The East Gate mocks those non believers today, and when the Jews rebuild their third Temple, the fulfillment of that prophecy will mock the non believers again. We are living in the last days, and the prophecies of the end times are being fulfilled before our eyes. Sadly, to many churches and ministers are not speaking out about such things.

Last edited by Campbell34; 02-28-2009 at 08:39 AM..

Old 02-28-2009, 09:18 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,011,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Did you mean my example of sharing the (TRUTH?) And don't you ever get tired of making bland general statements that know one can pin down? And if you are going to say I mislead people, can you give us examples as to how I have mislead them?
Every quote you make claiming to be the truth, with only your belief in the bible is false. Kind of like the Nazis and the superiority of their race and beliefs. How is that for an example of how you mislead others? Of course you will claim this isn't so due to your own inerrancy (thinking yourself to be equal to or above god since you know better than he what he means).

Old 02-28-2009, 09:21 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,011,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Talk is cheap, what prophecy of the Bible is a fairy tale? And of course it might take some though on your part to refute any of them. How did the Christians of the 1600s and 1800s know that in the latter days the Jews would return from a world wide exile? How did the Christians know back then that they would retake Israel and Jerusalem? How did those Christians back then know that their return would anger many nations around the world? Do you have a real answer for any of these questions? Or are you just going to start talking your bigotry nonsense again? You see, when you don't have real answers, you just start calling me a closedminded bigot. Yet let me ask you again. HOW COULD THESE CHRISTIAN HAVE THIS KIND OF ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE?

Haqve you ever read any of the writings of ancient times other that the ficton of your bible? Non biblical predictions as to the actions of humanity, from non biblical sources abound. Of course finding them might make you actually think, rather than just spew the political thoughts of others in your bibles attempt to control them.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Every quote you make claiming to be the truth, with only your belief in the bible is false. Kind of like the Nazis and the superiority of their race and beliefs. How is that for an example of how you mislead others? Of course you will claim this isn't so due to your own inerrancy (thinking yourself to be equal to or above god since you know better than he what he means).
This is a perfect example of what I have stated about your general statements without any content. I have asked you spicifically to comment on how the Christians of the past knew that Jews would return to Israel and Jerusalem. I have also spoke of King David and Israels two kingdoms. You have said that every quote I have made is false, yet historical discovery has revealed that King David did exist, and so did Israels two kingdoms. Now, can you explain how my statement is false? And can you explain how Christians hundreds of years ago, knew the Jewish people would return to Israel and Jerusalem? Or, are you going to hide behind the safety of your bland general statements that do not adress my obvious questions? Since you don't have any real answers for these questions, just talk about how this is like Nazis superiority. Yet if you recall, it was the Nazis who did not answer truthful questions.

Last edited by Campbell34; 02-28-2009 at 11:12 AM..

Old 02-28-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Haqve you ever read any of the writings of ancient times other that the ficton of your bible? Non biblical predictions as to the actions of humanity, from non biblical sources abound. Of course finding them might make you actually think, rather than just spew the political thoughts of others in your bibles attempt to control them.
I have considered other prophecies outside of the Bible, yet they all pale in comparison. And they are far from the 100% accuracy the Bible demands. Could you show me prophecies that have 100% accuracy, and that would = those of the Bible? If you can't do that, I will understand. LOL

Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM

5 posts, read 7,062 times
Default interpratation

Yes the bible is the word of God. Unfortunately, alot has been changed in all the diffrent translations. So you must pray and seek Gods wisdom, wich is beyond all understanding in order to know whats been changed. And woe to those who changed even 1 ioda of Gods word.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:55 AM

720 posts, read 1,245,101 times
Religion is the seed of all evil. More wars have been fought over religion than anything else. If everyone would just mind their own damn business about who is worshipping what.... the world would be a better place. Worship a damn shoe as far as I am concerned...

Old 05-02-2009, 02:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,686 times
Hi, all. My view is this: an athiest should argue that there is no God. That says it all. I respect that, as it is a view of a man/woman. I don't believe that the current argument is worth the effort, however ... What should be considered is that different Scribes copied the bible from Greek which was copied by other Scribes from another language which was copied from yet another, etc.. Scribes are not perfect, just as none of us are. If you read the bible and are looking for a truth, focus on the words of Jesus as that is the point of it all. Even if you believe everything else is wrong, entirely made up or contradictory, if a man expresses the view that we should love one another, how is that bad ? What is bad about living according to the 10 commandments ? A guy asked Jesus "what do I have to do to get to heaven ?" Jesus told him to obey the commandments. Please re-read your bible with all of this in mind and at least consider what I am saying. I'm not perfect and don't want to seem like I think I know it all but I don't think it's a bad approach, at least for starters. Also, if you don't believe but at some point in your life find yourself in trouble you don't think you can handle, call on God. It will make all the difference to your soul. Thanks . God Bless You.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:08 AM

2,058 posts, read 4,324,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by servanttoservants View Post
A guy asked Jesus "what do I have to do to get to heaven ?" Jesus told him to obey the commandments.
If Jesus told the guy that following the commandments was the way into heaven, wasn't Jesus nullifying himself as the Son of God and only way to the Father and heaven?

Last edited by dorado0359; 05-02-2009 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality