U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-05-2009, 12:26 PM
 
1,986 posts, read 3,467,677 times
Reputation: 1288

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Prove it.
Easy, There is no proof to the contrary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 PM
 
1,986 posts, read 3,467,677 times
Reputation: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I'm pretty confident that if an angel of God were to stand in front of you and proclaim it to be true you'd still find a reason not to believe.




You aren't God, and you don't have the right to judge him.


The ONLY thing that qualifies me for entrance into Heaven is my faith in Christ. Are you suggesting that's what every other religion believes?


It's faith in the Messiah that paid the penalty for our sins. Without Jesus we have to pay that penalty ourselves.
I don't recall anyone judging God, so you can quit the self righteousness.

Your faith in christ means nothing. The way you live your life is what qualifies any person to enter what you call heaven.

How do you live your life?? You judge people and think you're better because you've been led by the nose for a while. That doesn't qualify you for heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2009, 12:46 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,980,051 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
He's already declared who he is.
And he proclaimed that he was god only to christians? Especially only to those who believe as you do? I don't recall reading that anywhere in your bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2009, 12:53 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,980,051 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

You aren't God, and you don't have the right to judge him.
But then, neither are you, so why all the godlike judgement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2009, 01:02 PM
 
4,669 posts, read 3,903,673 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
I don't recall anyone judging God, so you can quit the self righteousness.

Your faith in christ means nothing. The way you live your life is what qualifies any person to enter what you call heaven.

Not according to the Bible.
Quote:


How do you live your life?? You judge people and think you're better because you've been led by the nose for a while. That doesn't qualify you for heaven.
I don't think I'm better than anyone. I'm a bad person, actually. I don't pretend to be superior to anyone.

But it's not about the things that I do or say. It's about the attoning death of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2009, 01:05 PM
 
1,986 posts, read 3,467,677 times
Reputation: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
not according to the bible.


I don't think i'm better than anyone. I'm a bad person, actually. I don't pretend to be superior to anyone.

But it's not about the things that i do or say. It's about the attoning death of christ.
hahahahahahaha

lololololololol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2009, 01:07 PM
 
1,986 posts, read 3,467,677 times
Reputation: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

But it's not about the things that I do or say. It's about the attoning death of Christ.
You know this HOW???? You are so wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2009, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Subarctic Mountain Climate in England
2,918 posts, read 2,328,877 times
Reputation: 3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I'm pretty confident that if an angel of God were to stand in front of you and proclaim it to be true you'd still find a reason not to believe.
Oh and that happens every day doesn't it. All these occurances of an "Angel of God" appearing in the Bible were back in the days when nobody had a clue about science or technology and hallucinations and dreams were taken as real proof of something supernatural because there was no other way of explaining it.

By the way, buddy, you put words into my mouth by presuming that I would still try to find a reason not to believe, how judgemental and what kind of a person are you to try and even think of setting an example to humanity, hang your head in shame.

You don't even know someone and make judgements about what I would or wouldn't believe already! Cocky aintch'a? Pity you are a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

You aren't God, and you don't have the right to judge him.
As if I ever thought I was. Clearly you find both reading and comprehending what was originally written difficult. I accepted that we are all here on a spiritual journey to learn and that includes making mistakes, and you now twisting my words to accuse me of thinking I am either God himself or judging God is a joke worse than Christianity's lying nonsense itself! Get real man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I already know. I'm telling you. You can choose to look at the evidence, or you can rebel. I can't control what you do.
The ONLY thing that qualifies me for entrance into Heaven is my faith in Christ. Are you suggesting that's what every other religion believes?
No, I was actually saying THAT IS NOT WHAT EVERY OTHER RELIGION BELIEVES. You yet again fail to even comprehend because you are too busy thinking of the next retort to my comment before even making sense of anything. As for "rebel", what the heck does that mean? Rebel against what? I do not go around trying to hurt anyone, and help where I can as a moral person. You sound so trite and ridiculous. A threatening teacher who conditions belief into the minds of a child by shear fear induction. "Do what I say or burn". That is not "God" that is not even logical, so forget that it is.

The emboldened text of yours, a blatent stinky lie that you should be ashamed of. So other people who aren't Christians but behave righteously and benefit mankiind will still "burn in hell"? You must get real quick! You are conditioned into a narrow channel of conciousness that will hold back your spiritual development if you really think you "Know" this.

You do not "Know", BTW, just simply believe so much that you "know", that it is simply a huge "placebo" effect that you have subjective reality right there in a teacup where you are totally convinced in your delusion to have to audacity to "tell me" what you think you "know". Yet you are a fool for even trying to convince me of what you "know".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

Actually, it's very logical. God promised it to Abraham in the OT that his faith made him righteous. David, a horrible sinner, was called a "man after God's heart"...not for what he did, but because of his faith.

It's faith in the Messiah that paid the penalty for our sins. Without Jesus we have to pay that penalty ourselves.
This is what you have been conditioned to believe.

There is no "logic" behind the nonsense of this quote. This is a ridiculous fiction that clearly won't stand the test of time much longer; mind you positive human qualities that will continue to help, people on their spiritual development will always outlast all else without this Christian delusion hindering anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

Whatever helps you sleep at night. It's up to you where you're going.
It certainly is, and I stand on account of everything I do and try to live as a decent moral person

Last edited by RichardW; 02-05-2009 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
 
4,669 posts, read 3,903,673 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Oh and that happens every day doesn't it. All these occurances of an "Angel of God" appearing in the Bible were back in the days when nobody had a clue about science or technology and hallucinations and dreams were taken as real proof of something supernatural because there was no other way of explaining it.



By the way, buddy, you put words into my mouth by presuming that I would still try to find a reason not to believe, how judgemental and what kind of a person are you to try and even think of setting an example to humanity, hang your head in shame.

You don't even know someone and make judgements about what I would or wouldn't believe already! Cocky aintch'a? Pity you are a fool.

I stand by my statement. It doesn't matter what the evidence is, I believe you'll be so irrational that you won't believe it.

Quote:

As if I ever though I was. Clearly you find both reading and comprehending what was originally written difficult. I accepted that we are all here on a spiritual journey to learn and that includes making mistakes, and you now twisting my words to accuse me of thinking I am either God himself or judging God is a joke worse than Christianity's lying nonsense itself! Get real man.

Were you the one that brought up the holocaust and other bad things that have happened? If so, you were implying that your morality is better than God's. I'm just curious on what you can base that.

Quote:

No, I was actually saying THAT IS NOT WHAT EVERY OTHER RELIGION BELIEVES. You yet again fail to even comprehend because you are too busy thinking of the next retort to my comment before even making sense of anything.

I've never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed. Maybe I'm not as bright as you are...please explain yourself more clearly.
Quote:

As for "rebel", what the heck does that mean? Rebel against what? I do not go around trying to hurt anyone, and help where I can as a moral person. You sound so trite and ridiculous. A threatening teacher who conditions belief into the minds of a child by shear fear induction. "Do what I say or burn". That is not "God" that is not even logical, so forget that it is.
You are rebelling against what you are told. It's ok...we all do it. At some point you'll bow the knee to Christ...either before you die when you can repent or afterward.
Quote:

The emboldened text of yours, a blatent stinky lie that you should be ashamed of. So other people who aren't Christians but behave righteously and benefit mankiind will still "burn in hell"?
yes. they are sinners just like me. But w/out Christ they have nothing to pay for their sins, leaving themselves to pay for it.
Quote:


You must get real quick! You are conditioned into a narrow channel of conciousness that will hold back your spiritual development if you really think you "Know" this.
As are you...

You're convinced that you "know" that I'm wrong and you're right.

Quote:



You do not "Know", BTW, just simply believe so much that you "know", that it is simply a huge "placebo" effect that you have subjective reality right there in a teacup where you totally convinced in your delusion to have to audacity to "tell me" what you think you "know". Yet you are a fool for even trying to convince me of what you "know".
if you say so....
Quote:



This is what you have been conditioned to believe.

There is no "logic" behind the nonsense of this quote. This is a ridiculous fiction that clearly won't stand the test of time much longer; mind you positive human qualities that will continue to help, people on their spiritual development will always outlast all else without this Christian delusion hindering anybody.



It certainly is, and I stand on account of everything I do and try to live as a decent moral person

Again...my first statement up at the top stands true...I believe that you really don't CARE to understand. You're not willing to have a rational discussion about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2009, 01:48 PM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,013,815 times
Reputation: 64014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
non-Christians can read and understand the text, but it's going to appear foolish to them.

That's really what this verse is saying. The text is meaningless to a non-believer...because the non-believer just doesn't care to let it affect his life.
Sort of like the a high pitched whistle only dogs can hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top