Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 06:57 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,363,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Hey, I totally agree about the interpretations. I've asked that same question myself. If we're all led to truth by the Holy Spirit, why do we all have different beliefs?
Because not everyone is being lead by the Holy Spirit.

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 02-25-2009 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: reworded post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 08:54 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,965,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And just what is this Majority Text that you speak of, is it another one of your holy books with yet again another version and if that is the case then I can see why all the contradictions, too many versions and too many interpretations. All I want to know is, can you address the question presented to you, explain the contradictions that I have pointed out, that should not be too difficult for somebody who is supposed to be as knowledgeable as you about your holy book.
I believe I have already explained to you the Majority Text on two or three other posts. I have explained and refuted the countradictions you have presented. You are beginning to repeat your same general questions, and it appears you are not listening. The Majority text are the oldest copies of the orginal Bible, and these copies have come to us from all over the world, and they number in the thousands, and are in agreement.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:03 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,965,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
As I said, those who wish to believe will continue to do so and those who do not will continue to not believe. From my point of view, trying to force these alleged "truths" on all others merely increases the fact that they are invalid. Do they need the reinforcement to make you feel special?
The Bible is more than just alleged "truth". Much of it's truth is confirmed by historical discovery. I'm not forceing anything on anyone. I am giving my opinion. And the Bibles truth is only invalid to those who refuse to believe the obvious evidence. I don't need to feel special, my place is already secured in heaven. I am here to point the way, so that others will someday be with Jesus.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:08 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
If they had been a few pages, I may have read them. But one is 22 pages, the other 67. I'm sorry, moonsun, with all due respect, I just don't have the desire to spend my time reading such things. What I do know about Islam contradicts the Bible that I believe in. I do not like what I know about Muhammad or the beginning of Islam. Given these things, why would I want to waste my time on these books?
mzjamiedawn
i don't think that 22 pages is too much for hell and heaven decision
they show the miracles inside the quran and the proofs that the quran is from God same as the book of Jesus and moses and David.

Quran is one of the books of God.

and regarding that you do not like what you know about the beginning of Islam and the contradiction

our common enemy is Satan and his aim is to keep us away from the right path but he does not have influence on us he just whispers and seduce

if you think that i am not bad spirit by pass the like and dislike and pretend that there is no contradiction and at least have a look to this post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...cal-proof.html

Old 02-26-2009, 08:10 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,548,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Bible is more than just alleged "truth". Much of it's truth is confirmed by historical discovery. I'm not forceing anything on anyone. I am giving my opinion. And the Bibles truth is only invalid to those who refuse to believe the obvious evidence. I don't need to feel special, my place is already secured in heaven. I am here to point the way, so that others will someday be with Jesus.
My, aren't you special! Self proclaimed annointed of your god! Are you really declaring your own divinity or just practicing the sin of pride?

Your "truth" has physical backing to you, in your belief. My truth has phsyical backing in reality. Your obvious evidence is only obvious if you already believe it. If not, it is a continuing stack of lies.

You are always one demanding proof be set in front of you. Show me proof, without using your fictitious true bible as your standard. Surely, if it is the truth it can be recognized without the trappings of religious bigotry.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:46 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,585 times
no rational mind could accept the false charges and shameless references to the great prophets, peace and blessings be upon them all, such as:
  • Noah: getting drunk and naked in front of his sons. See Genesis 9: 20-24.
  • Aaron: making a golden calf to worship. See Exodus 32: 3-4.
  • Solomon: worshiping false gods, to please his large harem. See 1 Kings 11: 9-10.
  • David: committing adultery. See 2 Samuel 11: 4-5.
  • Lot: committing incest with his two daughters. See Genesis 19: 31-36.
Could such texts be inspired by God!

It can thus be concluded that the available Bible has nothing to do with the original Injeel of Jesus or Torah of Moses, both of which have disappeared, except in as much as traces of their texts might be part of the few sayings attributed to Moses and Jesus in the Bible. Still, it is difficult to decide which of these sayings are divine revelations and which are the teachings of the respective prophet.

Hence, it is an over-simplification to say that the available Bible is the word of God, corrupted by Man. Rather, it is almost A-Z a human text. Why then should not God allow the corruption of what His creatures invented?

Allah says in the Qur’an what means:
*{So woe to [the ones] who write the Book with their hands; thereafter they say, “This is from [the providence of] Allah.” That they may trade it for a little price; So, woe to those for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they have earned.}* (Al-Baqarah 2: 79)

*{And who is more unjust than he who has fabricated against Allah a lie, or has said: “to me it has been revealed” and nothing has been revealed to him. And who has said: “I will send down the like of what Allah has sent down.”}*(Al-An`am 6: 93)

Is the Bible the Word of God? - Reading Islam.com - Ask About Islam (http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-AAbout_Islam/AskAboutIslamE/AskAboutIslamE&cid=1123996016232 - broken link)

Old 02-26-2009, 10:43 AM

29 posts, read 56,525 times
Well, all these pages and thoughts later, are you all content with what you believe to be true?

I believe the "evidence" in whether the Word of God is actually the Bible is if it proves to be life changing. Are you being transformed into the kind of person God wants you to be? I am...

We will always be human, making bad choices...but we can also be on our way to being more like God if we have a relationship with Jesus Christ as our Lord.

If there is no transformation in your life, no evidence of love, gentleness, kindness, self-control, peace, patience, goodness, joy, and faithfulness you might want to lay aside your reasoning and ask God to show you what's true.

A humble heart is what God desires...

There are all kinds of deception and false teaching out there. On this forum and all over the internet and so forth..

"Do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature will reap destruction. The one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." (Gal. 6:7-8)

Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him." It's the truth that sets you free from the burden of sin that each human being bears...

Biblegal

Old 02-26-2009, 10:57 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
mzjamiedawn
i don't think that 22 pages is too much for hell and heaven decision
they show the miracles inside the quran and the proofs that the quran is from God same as the book of Jesus and moses and David.

Quran is one of the books of God.

and regarding that you do not like what you know about the beginning of Islam and the contradiction

our common enemy is Satan and his aim is to keep us away from the right path but he does not have influence on us he just whispers and seduce

if you think that i am not bad spirit by pass the like and dislike and pretend that there is no contradiction and at least have a look to this post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...cal-proof.html
Let me put it this way, moonsun. Let's say I am a Mormon. I say to you... moonsun, you need to read the Book of Mormon. It is from God's last prophet, Joseph Smith, and it is God's final word. Yes, it may contradict what you believe from the Quran, but just look past that. You need to read and study and believe the Book of Mormon if you want to get to heaven.

Would you read it, with an open mind, even though you believe the Quran is God's final word, and even though you don't believe Joseph Smith was a prophet, and even though it contradicts the Quran?

Old 02-26-2009, 10:59 AM

29 posts, read 56,525 times
Quote:
no rational mind could accept the false charges and shameless references to the great prophets, peace and blessings be upon them all, such as:
  • Solomon: worshiping false gods, to please his large harem. See 1 Kings 11: 9-10.
In regard to the people listed above...I believe God showed us their humanity! Their sin. Then He showed us His plan of salvation...

The text is absolutely inspired by God!

Biblegal

Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,153 times
Quote:

It can thus be concluded that the available Bible has nothing to do with the original Injeel of Jesus or Torah of Moses, both of which have disappeared, except in as much as traces of their texts might be part of the few sayings attributed to Moses and Jesus in the Bible. Still, it is difficult to decide which of these sayings are divine revelations and which are the teachings of the respective prophet.

Hence, it is an over-simplification to say that the available Bible is the word of God, corrupted by Man. Rather, it is almost A-Z a human text. Why then should not God allow the corruption of what His creatures invented?

Allah says in the Qur’an what means:
*{So woe to [the ones] who write the Book with their hands; thereafter they say, “This is from [the providence of] Allah.” That they may trade it for a little price; So, woe to those for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they have earned.}* (Al-Baqarah 2: 79)

*{And who is more unjust than he who has fabricated against Allah a lie, or has said: “to me it has been revealed” and nothing has been revealed to him. And who has said: “I will send down the like of what Allah has sent down.”}*(Al-An`am 6: 93)

Is the Bible the Word of God? - Reading Islam.com - Ask About Islam (http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-AAbout_Islam/AskAboutIslamE/AskAboutIslamE&cid=1123996016232 - broken link)
All of those men were human. Everyone has sinned, even Muhammad. There is only one who walked the earth and was perfect, and that is Jesus. God showed us that all sin, and that all need a Savior, which is why He sent Jesus to save us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality