U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:58 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,593,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW123 View Post
I thought church is a God's organization, and God can do anything.

It looks like people who have lots "sins" have to pay. Where's the money "savior" (not to be confused with "savor")?

maybe hands are shaking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 08:04 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,646,402 times
Quote:
I thought church is a God's organization, and God can do anything.

It looks like people who have lots "sins" have to pay. Where's the money "savior" (not to be confused with "savor")?
they are gods church to the extent that they act that way.
when we deny god, by our actions and behavior he denies us.
but for the christian in rebellion sin is not a joke he is tormented by it 24/7. but for the true atheist or non christian religious this is not so.
the tyrant in our consciousness is not god, but our own thinking.
our own core values those we learned and accepted in formative years and beyond torment us if we do not obey them.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they are gods church to the extent that they act that way.
when we deny god, by our actions and behavior he denies us.
but for the christian in rebellion sin is not a joke he is tormented by it 24/7. but for the true atheist or non christian religious this is not so.
the tyrant in our consciousness is not god, but our own thinking.
our own core values those we learned and accepted in formative years and beyond torment us if we do not obey them.

not so.

cannot!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,448,489 times
Thumbs down Interesting what I found for 24-7, in Luke and Matthew.

It turns out that in Luke I find it is the very phrase of the after-three-day resurrection, it is scriptured that the son of Man is handed over to sinners for the realization of the missing Christ. That was already thought for the written Word. Who knows who's dead: in Matthew it was said that nation will go against nation, governments will change hundred fold over, but the expectation that Christ resurrected man will remain for FOLLY OR TRUTH. Of course this is some New American bible.

Money becomes the baseless for the systemic racist had. For resurrection sometimes the Walls of the church will suffice.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,362,592 times
Quote:
The creator of universe can not create any money ?!

I know followers spend a lot of money on religion though.
Ugh, here we go again. WHY won't people research this before they make such comments? If they did, they'd find the churches records of where the money goes is a matter of public record, just ask. It supports the church's mortgage, maintenance, utilities, insurance, people in need, the ministry, the pastor who works it as a regular job.... Oh yeah, I forgot, so many are against a pastor making a living with the gifts (of the spirit) God has given him. Well God said he wants all to prosper. He didn't say all but those who minister to others.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 PM

Oprah said:

"Bless me into USEFULNESS!" (caps mine)

Old 07-25-2014, 10:58 AM

7,969 posts, read 3,932,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Ugh, here we go again. WHY won't people research this before they make such comments? If they did, they'd find the churches records of where the money goes is a matter of public record, just ask. It supports the church's mortgage, maintenance, utilities, insurance, people in need, the ministry, the pastor who works it as a regular job.... Oh yeah, I forgot, so many are against a pastor making a living with the gifts (of the spirit) God has given him. Well God said he wants all to prosper. He didn't say all but those who minister to others.
What do you think about the mega-church in Overland Park, Ks who provide their pastor a Mercedes?

Old 07-25-2014, 11:01 AM

25,393 posts, read 29,821,951 times
Quote:

I know followers spend a lot of money on religion though.
God doesn't need money. The church does. And yes, God expects church members to support their church.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:25 AM

5,170 posts, read 3,746,306 times
Quote:
Only government can create money

Seriously, the flaw in your question lies within the idea that God should directly interfere in human day to day activities. Why doesnt He create money? Why doesnt He give poor people food and shelter and clothing?

Well, if that were the case we would be back in the Garden of Eden, wouldnt we ...

We were kicked out of the Garden, and it has been up to us to find our own way ever since.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:06 PM

5,582 posts, read 3,150,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
We were kicked out of the Garden, and it has been up to us to find our own way ever since.
More like those who actually believe that story were kicked out of reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality