U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:55 PM

21,423 posts, read 21,085,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes they are living creatures created by God. Nowhere in the Bible does it say they have a soul.
Are you saying that somewhere in the bible it says they don't?

Quote:
I love animals, I have a cat I dearly love, but they cannot accept Jesus as their Savior, Jesus did not die to save them from hell.
Well, they don't exactly need to be saved from Hell. They are incapable of sinning because they do not have the mental capability to understand good and evil.

This raises another question, though. What do you believe will happen to a severely mentally handicapped person who is incapable of accepting Jesus as his Savior?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 11:59 PM

995 posts, read 1,179,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

Well, they don't exactly need to be saved from Hell. They are incapable of sinning because they do not have the mental capability to understand good and evil.

This raises another question, though. What do you believe will happen to a severely mentally handicapped person who is incapable of accepting Jesus as his Savior?
In the muslim context, that person will not be damned, same for kids who die before puberty..God is fair. He will not judge those who are incapable.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 AM

21,446 posts, read 29,669,011 times
Quote:

No the Bible doesn't say animals don't have souls or they do have souls.
And to answer you question about mentally handicapped people, I believe they fall into the same category as children and babies, they will be in Heaven. And by the way, I do believe animals will be in Heaven.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:29 PM

661 posts, read 1,034,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Whew, that was too much information. Thanks everyone for participating!

So, we are agree that our physical death has nothing do to with sin, right? I hope... ?
According to the Scripture that was quoted from Romans 5:12, our physical death did emanate from sin.......

'12Adam sinned, and that sin brought death into the world. Now everyone has sinned, and so everyone must die.' (Contemporary English Version)

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— (New King James Version)

I think this Scripture strongly suggests that physical death came from Adams sin and that if he had not sinned he would be alive today.

I dont believe in this stuff any more, but thats what the Scripture says.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:31 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,817,592 times
Quote:
Question.

Were we supposed to live forever before the sin? Where is it mentioned in the bible?
never said that, but long years of life yes in genesis chapter 7.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:42 PM

3,412 posts, read 9,062,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
According to the Scripture that was quoted from Romans 5:12, our physical death did emanate from sin.......

'12Adam sinned, and that sin brought death into the world. Now everyone has sinned, and so everyone must die.' (Contemporary English Version)

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— (New King James Version)

I think this Scripture strongly suggests that physical death came from Adams sin and that if he had not sinned he would be alive today.

I dont believe in this stuff any more, but thats what the Scripture says.
That's is where i'm confused, because i was trying to investigate regarding death via sin, but then Christians telling me it's not physical death, it''s spiritual. So, which one is correct??

Old 02-09-2009, 05:25 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,474,774 times
ILNC wrote:
Quote:
And by the way, I do believe animals will be in Heaven.
Please tell me there won't be barking dogs at three in the morning.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
And to answer you question about mentally handicapped people, I believe they fall into the same category as children and babies, they will be in Heaven. And by the way, I do believe animals will be in Heaven.
Thank you for clarifying that. I guess we are understanding the word "soul" differently. So what do you believe the criteria for going to Heaven is? Does everyone who accepts Jesus as his Savior go to Heaven? Does denomination make any difference?

Old 02-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
That's is where i'm confused, because i was trying to investigate regarding death via sin, but then Christians telling me it's not physical death, it''s spiritual. So, which one is correct??
The fall resulting in two kinds of death, physical (the separation of the body and spirit) and spiritual (separation from God). Adam and Eve were not subject to either of these until after they are the forbidden fruit. Once they ate the fruit, they became mortal, meaning that they could grow old, become sick, and die. They were also immediately cast out of Eden. Jesus Christ atoned for their transgression and for all of our sins and transgressions. His atonement for physical death is unconditional and universal. In other words, everyone who has ever lived will be resurrection. There will be no exceptions. His atonement for spiritual death is conditional and is limited to those who accept His sacrifice on their behalf.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:13 PM

3,412 posts, read 9,062,622 times
Quote:
The fall resulting in two kinds of death, physical (the separation of the body and spirit) and spiritual (separation from God). Adam and Eve were not subject to either of these until after they are the forbidden fruit. Once they ate the fruit, they became mortal, meaning that they could grow old, become sick, and die. They were also immediately cast out of Eden. Jesus Christ atoned for their transgression and for all of our sins and transgressions. His atonement for physical death is unconditional and universal. In other words, everyone who has ever lived will be resurrection. There will be no exceptions. His atonement for spiritual death is conditional and is limited to those who accept His sacrifice on their behalf.

But then we're back to square one. Were they immortal in the first place? I see that no one can answer that question.
I am all well understanding what you all saying, the fruit, the death, and all that glitter, but my question still stands, were they meant to be immortal and where is the reference to that in your book?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality