U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:42 AM

4,669 posts, read 3,924,396 times

Advertisements

yup. I do.

I think it's the logical conclusion that any objective person would come to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 09:17 AM

12,550 posts, read 13,181,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
“I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings” Einstein
same thing

Old 02-11-2009, 01:34 PM

67 posts, read 92,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
evets wrote:

It just blows me away that you think that you're presenting evidence that God is real because you're pointing us to this website.
Sault Ste. Marie News and Weather: Full Story on SooToday.com

Quote\

And around that school, there's word of an exceedingly odd occurrence said to have happened there 11 days ago.

Witnesses tell SooToday.com that the cross was seen doing something nobody has ever seen before, something that a consulting engineer says is impossible.

The school's principal, its groundskeeper, a math teacher and a large number of students saw the steel structure swaying from side to side during a 150-minute period on Monday, January 24.[/quote]

It does prove god exists, that CROSS sits on a "very thick" concrete base. Theres no humanly possible way it could have swayed without disturbing the earth or the steel itself.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:36 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,162,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW123 View Post
Intelligently Designed, creatively created, ... However you want to call it?
Absolutely not.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:43 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,450,456 times
That's because it was the the natural world which couldn't thus have been understood as the great chain of Being distinct from the social world of social equalization payments.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:47 PM

30,047 posts, read 30,810,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
yup. I do.

I think it's the logical conclusion that any objective person would come to.
Logical.....*legitimate: based on known statements or events or conditions

Objective...* undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena; "an objective appraisal"; "objective evidence"

Show us your observable evidence then that are based on known statements or events.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:52 PM

4,669 posts, read 3,924,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Logical.....*legitimate: based on known statements or events or conditions

Objective...* undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena; "an objective appraisal"; "objective evidence"

Show us your observable evidence then that are based on known statements or events.

We've been through this a hundred times before. You know my thoughts on this, I know you disagree.

Bottom line is that you and I both agree in the idea of cause/effect...but you don't believe this universe had a cause.

The fact that logical absolutes exist, and are not based on time or space prove that there is a supernatural mind that is responsible for them.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:03 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,450,456 times
Post Religion for or against progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post

“I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings” Einstein
I'd think that the universe, 'a brainchild', is by the duality of harmony meant that human nature depends on the analogous Causes for man from objectivity; the analogous Causes for nature from subjectivity in the religion about God (?).

Somehow religion could be about a haromonious spirit of Man. Spinoza would mean that in all of his indifference we concern ourselves that allowance of some superstition we are free to let ourselves go at duality for or against progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or