U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,842,144 times
Reputation: 135

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Woweth....DL speaketh with fire-tongue
Hot truth.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
69 posts, read 107,505 times
Reputation: 17
Default Reply to GIam

GIam wrote:
“We should and must judge all Gods to know which one is the best and which one to follow. If not then you would be ignorant of your God's philosophy and be following without knowing why.”

Ok, this will take some explaining. There is only one true God (or Trinity – but that’s beside the point), who created all things, and He alone is to be worshipped. There are lesser “gods,” such as men and angels, who were all created by the one true God, but only two kingdoms, and all lesser gods must choose which kingdom to serve. One side is the kingdom of light (Colossians 1:12), ruled by the one true God (God). The other side is the kingdom of darkness, ruled by the lesser god Satan, who is a fallen angel formerly known as Lucifer.

Of the lesser gods, the angels have already chosen sides. Some serve God, and the others (fallen angels, also called demons) serve Satan. Men, at least those alive today, must choose which kingdom to serve. Christians, of which I am one, serve God and his kingdom.

So you see, GIam, you cannot judge God. He alone is the creator and judge of all things. If you set yourself against Him, you are serving Satan and the kingdom of darkness.

Sadly, demons and evil men have deceived people into worshipping them under many names, including Apollo, Diana, Zeus, Poseidon, Ra, Isis, Osiris, Ishtar, Quetzacoatl, Akuma, Krishna, Baal, Molech, Ashtoreth, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, Buddha, Caesar, and, insofar as he is different from the God of the Bible, Allah.

Now, back to an issue I would like to resolve.

You wrote:
1) “To allow someone else to shoulder our responsibilities is immoral.”
2) “Helping to maintain someone's life is moral and good.”

There is a contradiction between those two statements which you have yet to understand. You see, sometimes a persons’ life is in danger (perhaps due to starvation or illness) because he has NOT been shouldering his responsibilities. For example, a lazy man who refuses to get a job may not have enough money to buy food, and he may starve. If you help him by giving him food, you are shouldering his responsibility, which you claim is immoral.

Put simply, by feeding a starving man, which you claim is good, you may be shouldering his responsibility, which you claim is immoral.

You cannot have it both ways. Which is right?

I believe statement #2 is right, and statement #1 is wrong.

I believe it is good to help maintain someone’s life, and it is NOT immoral to help someone shoulder his responsibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 12:23 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,842,144 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1701 View Post
GIam wrote:


I believe it is good to help maintain someone’s life, and it is NOT immoral to help someone shoulder his responsibilities.


You are saying then that at the time of the flood, the good of maintaining someones life was rejected by God for the evil of killing them. Right?

You also say that it is good to shoulder someone's responsibilities.

Then it must have been evil at flood time for God not to help and in fact add to the human responsibility of helping people live.

Your God is then evil by your definitions.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 12:25 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,842,144 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1701 View Post
GIam wrote:
“We should and must judge all Gods to know which one is the best and which one to follow. If not then you would be ignorant of your God's philosophy and be following without knowing why.”

.
This statement stands with no argument against.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
69 posts, read 107,505 times
Reputation: 17
Default So you are Gods' accuser!

Well, GIam, if you want to stand in judgment of the one true God, who created the heavens and the earth and all life, that's your choice.

Know that you have aligned yourself with Satan and his kingdom of deceit, lies, hate, evil, and death.

As I wrote previously, God has the right to destroy that which He created, including people. It isn't wrong for Him to do so, although it is wrong for us to do so. I also explained that in a previous post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 01:41 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,842,144 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1701 View Post
Well, GIam, if you want to stand in judgment of the one true God, who created the heavens and the earth and all life, that's your choice.

Know that you have aligned yourself with Satan and his kingdom of deceit, lies, hate, evil, and death.

As I wrote previously, God has the right to destroy that which He created, including people. It isn't wrong for Him to do so, although it is wrong for us to do so. I also explained that in a previous post.
I am used to being demonized when children cannot answer grown up questions. When logic fails call names. Typical Christian.

Run along home child.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
69 posts, read 107,505 times
Reputation: 17
Default True ownership

GIam, let me try, in another way, to explain your problem with God being allowed to destroy His creation.

If you make a clay pot with your clay, it is your property. Therefore, you have the right to destroy it.

I, on the other hand, do not have the right to destroy your pot. Right?

Since God created us and we are all literally His property, He has the right to destroy us. We, however, did not create eachother, we don't own eachother, therefore we do not have the right to destroy eachother.

It's a matter of true ownership, and only God truly owns anything. We, basically, just use the materials He has provided us. We're all tenants on His land, using His property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 01:52 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,842,144 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1701 View Post
GIam, let me try, in another way, to explain your problem with God being allowed to destroy His creation.

If you make a clay pot with your clay, it is your property. Therefore, you have the right to destroy it.

I, on the other hand, do not have the right to destroy your pot. Right?

Since God created us and we are all literally His property, He has the right to destroy us. We, however, did not create eachother, we don't own eachother, therefore we do not have the right to destroy eachother.

It's a matter of true ownership, and only God truly owns anything. We, basically, just use the materials He has provided us. We're all tenants on His land, using His property.
I am human. I think genocide against humans is a sin andd crime of high order.

You cannot justify a genocidal sissy fit.

If God must destroy His creations then He obviously created them wrong and lost His God title as He should.

If the watch maker makes a watch that does not work, why blame the watch?

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
69 posts, read 107,505 times
Reputation: 17
Default It isn't up to you, GIam

Well, GIam, it isn’t up to you to decide what is a sin. That’s up to God, and God alone. Your opinion here means nothing, and in the end it is God who will judge you – not you who will judge God. If God decides to destroy His creation – including humans – that is His choice, and it is not wrong, immoral, or sinful for Him to do so.

In my previous post I used logic involving property rights to show that God has the right to destroy His property, and you ignored the argument. If you can’t answer it, maybe it is you that should run along home child.

Also, I never called you names. I simply stated very clearly which kingdom you appear to be serving. There are only two, and they are opposites in almost all ways - light vs. darkness; good vs. evil; truth vs. lies. When you oppose the kingdom of light, what else is there but darkness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
69 posts, read 107,505 times
Reputation: 17
Default Wrong, GIam

GIam wrote:
"If God must destroy His creations then He obviously created them wrong and lost His God title as He should.
If the watch maker makes a watch that does not work, why blame the watch?"

Wrong. You see, God gave us free will. The fact that we chose sin doesn't mean He created us wrong.

Watches aren't created to have free will, so your argument is erroneous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top