U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:09 PM

63 posts, read 68,347 times

Advertisements

if you dont accept jesus PERIOD, you wont go to heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,185,566 times
I used to be a Christan. Too many people think you have to be a Christian to worship God. Many religions worship God. Many people without religion worship God and I don't even think they realize it because they appreciate and love nature and all that was created. But, I was thinking yesterday on a walk that how arrogant of Christians to announce they are going to Heaven because they accepted Jesus Christ (a prophet at best and worshiping an idol at worse). I thought about tribes of people and how buried in the outback, they don't even get Christianity pushed on them yet, each day they worship God and all the good things about his creation. I don't know what happened to Christianity for sure but I do know that it used to be different when it was "traditional" before it had to be "happening" to get butts in the seats. You can't draw a crowd when you mention the possibility that you might have to actually deny yourself some pleasures of the flesh to earn a ticket to Heaven. Nope, it is easy with today Christians because once you sell yourself on Jesus in God (not) it opens a whole new carefree world and gives you license to tell everyone that is not a Christian that they are going to Hell. As I told one Christian, "If Heaven will be full of people like you, I'm not sure I would want to go there anyway!" For those that do not buy into Heaven is only for those that believe that Jesus is God, there is a reason. Find God - go into nature and listen, look, smell and feel the spirit. God surrounds you and you don't have to join a country club style church to find him or accept what seems unacceptable. Follow your heart.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:38 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,825,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_woman View Post
if you dont accept jesus PERIOD, you wont go to heaven.
I'm curious to know if you'll tell me to my face that I can't go to heaven, because I'm Jewish and, as a matter of fact, I don't accept Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality