U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:51 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,345,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
So..is Jesus God or the son of God? If he is the son of God then obviously the father God is more powerful than the son right?
He is both
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
please list the verses that tell that jesus is son of God
I will give you the verses that says that He is the son of God, and I will give you the verses that say that he is God.

Jesus is God

Creator
(John 1:3) Through him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.

(Col1:16-17) For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

First and Last

(Rev. 1:17) When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. Then He placed His right hand on me and said; Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. God in the Old testament said that He was the First and the Last, now Jesus is saying it again. Also read Isaiah 41:4,44:6,48:12

(Rev. 2:8) To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of Him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again. Jesus was the one who died and came to life again.

(Rev 22:13) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End

The I Am's of Jesus

(John 8:24 )Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM HE, you will die in your sins.

(John 8:58) I tell you the truth, Jesus answered, before Abraham was born, I Am.

(John 13:19) I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I AM He.
God calls this name I Am in the Old Testament and Jesus is giving it again, because he is God.

(1John 5:7) For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.

(John 20:28-29) And Thomas answered and said to Him, My Lord and my God. Jesus said to him, Thomas because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed. (When Thomas saw him, he knew who Jesus was, because he called him Lord and God)

(John 1:1-3) In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
(The Word was Jesus and this scripture tells us that He is God)

(Matthew 1:23)BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US." Jesus is the God with us.

Son of God

(Romans 1:3-4) concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord who was born of seed of David according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the spirit of holines by the resurrectiion from the dead.

Other names of Jesus

Advocate (1 John 2:1)
Almighty (Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18)
Alpha and Omega (Rev. 1:8; 22:13)
Amen (Rev. 3:14)
Apostle of our Profession (Heb. 3:1)
Atoning Sacrifice for our Sins (1 John 2:2)
Author of Life (Acts 3:15)
Author and Perfecter of our Faith (Heb. 12:2)
Author of Salvation (Heb. 2:10)
Beginning and End (Rev. 22:13)
Blessed and only Ruler (1 Tim. 6:15)
Bread of God (John 6:33)
Bread of Life (John 6:35; 6:48)
Bridegroom (Mt. 9:15)
Capstone (Acts 4:11; 1 Pet. 2:7)
Chief Cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)
Chief Shepherd (1 Pet. 5:4)
Christ (1 John 2:22)
Creator (John 1:3)
Deliverer (Rom. 11:26)
Eternal Life (1 John 1:2; 5:20)
Faithful and True (Rev. 19:11)
Faithful Witness (Rev. 1:5)
Faithful and True Witness (Rev. 3:14)
First and Last (Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13)
Firstborn From the Dead (Rev. 1:5)
Firstborn over all creation (Col. 1:15)
Gate (John 10:9)
God (John 1:1; 20:28; Heb. 1:8; Rom. 9:5; 2 Pet. 1:1;1 John 5:20; etc.)
Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14)
Great Shepherd (Heb. 13:20)
Great High Priest (Heb. 4:14)
Head of the Church (Eph. 1:22; 4:15; 5:23)
Heir of all things (Heb. 1:2)
High Priest (Heb. 2:17)
Holy and True (Rev. 3:7)
Holy One (Acts 3:14)
Hope (1 Tim. 1:1)
Hope of Glory (Col. 1:27)
Horn of Salvation (Luke 1:69)
I Am (John 8:58)
Image of God (2 Cor. 4:4)
Immanuel (Mt. 1:23)
Judge of the living and the dead (Acts 10:42)
King Eternal (1 Tim. 1:17)
King of Israel (John 1:49)
King of the Jews (Mt. 27:11)
King of kings (1 Tim 6:15; Rev. 19:16)
King of the Ages (Rev. 15:3)
Lamb (Rev. 13:8)
Lamb of God (John 1:29)
Lamb Without Blemish (1 Pet. 1:19)
Last Adam (1 Cor. 15:45)
Life (John 14:6; Col. 3:4)
Light of the World (John 8:12)
Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Rev. 5:5)
Living One (Rev. 1:18)
Living Stone (1 Pet. 2:4)
Lord (2 Pet. 2:20)
Lord of All (Acts 10:36)
Lord of Glory (1 Cor. 2:8)
Lord of lords (Rev. 19:16)
Man from Heaven (1 Cor. 15:48)
Master (Lk. 5:5; 8:24; 9:33)
Mediator of the New Covenant (Heb. 9:15)
Mighty God (Isa. 9:6)
Morning Star (Rev. 22:16)
Offspring of David (Rev. 22:16)
Only Begotten Son of God (John 1:18; 1 John 4:9)
Our Great God and Savior (Titus 2:13)
Our Holiness (1 Cor. 1:30)
Our Husband (2 Cor. 11:2)
Our Protection (2 Thess. 3:3)
Our Redemption (1 Cor. 1:30)
Our Righteousness (1 Cor. 1:30)
Our Sacrificed Passover Lamb (1 Cor. 5:7)
Power of God (1 Cor. 1:24)
Precious Cornerstone (1 Pet. 2:6)
Prophet (Acts 3:22)
Rabbi (Mt. 26:25)
Resurrection and Life (John 11:25)
Righteous Branch (Jer. 23:5)
Righteous One (Acts 7:52; 1 John 2:1)
Rock (1 Cor. 10:4)
Root of David (Rev. 5:5; 22:16)
Ruler of God’s Creation (Rev. 3:14)
Ruler of the Kings of the Earth (Rev. 1:5)
Savior (Eph. 5:23; Titus 1:4; 3:6; 2 Pet. 2:20)
Son of David (Lk. 18:39)
Son of God (John 1:49; Heb. 4:14)
Son of Man (Mt. 8:20)
Son of the Most High God (Lk. 1:32)
Source of Eternal Salvation for all who obey him (Heb. 5:9)
The One Mediator (1 Tim. 2:5)
The Stone the builders rejected (Acts 4:11)
True Bread (John 6:32)
True Light (John 1:9)
True Vine (John 15:1)
Truth (John 1:14; 14:6)
Way (John 14:6)
Wisdom of God (1 Cor. 1:24)
Word (John 1:1)
Word of God (Rev. 19:13)

Jesus is called the Son of God, but as you see Jesus has many names, including God. If you really want to know who Jesus is read through these scriptures.

I hope this give you a better understanding of who Jesus really is.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 02-13-2009 at 06:08 PM..

Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 AM

118 posts, read 220,053 times
Default Jesus beace be upon him

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post

Jesus is dead.

Jesus said in Qura'an..

(Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die,

and the day I shall be raised alive)..

and say
It befitteth not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should take unto Himself a son. Glory be to Him! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is)
Jesus beace be upon him is prophet only..

such as Mohammad beace be upon him ..

Old 02-16-2009, 11:37 AM

4,669 posts, read 3,904,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL SERHANE View Post
[SIZE=5]Who is Jesus?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Without a doubt, you have often heard the claim that Jesus is God, the second person in the "Holy trinity." However, the very Bible which is used as a basis for knowledge about Jesus and as the basis for doctrine within Christianity clearly belies this claim. We urge you to consult your own Bible and verify that the following conclusions are not drawn out of context:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]
The article link here
[/SIZE][SIZE=4](Who is Jesus? )

[/SIZE]

He's God. He claimed to be, the prophecies regarding the Messiah claim he's God, and the Jews at the time tried to kill him because he said he was.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
He's God. He claimed to be, the prophecies regarding the Messiah claim he's God, and the Jews at the time tried to kill him because he said he was.
Yep, your right.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 PM

In this scripture it shows that Jesus is the Son of God and God.

Hebrews 1:5-8
For which of the angels did God ever say, " You are my Son; today I have become your Father; Or again " I will be His Father, and He will be my Son" And again, When God brings His firstborn into the world, he says "Let all God's angels worship Him" In speaking to the angels He says, "He makes His angels winds, His servants flames of fire" (But about the Son He says), Your throne,( O God), will last for ever and ever, and righteous will be the sceptor of your kingdom.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:20 AM

995 posts, read 1,175,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
In this scripture it shows that Jesus is the Son of God and God.

Hebrews 1:5-8
For which of the angels did God ever say, " You are my Son; today I have become your Father; Or again " I will be His Father, and He will be my Son" And again, When God brings His firstborn into the world, he says "Let all God's angels worship Him" In speaking to the angels He says, "He makes His angels winds, His servants flames of fire" (But about the Son He says), Your throne,( O God), will last for ever and ever, and righteous will be the sceptor of your kingdom.
But what about this below ?

"But to the Son he [God] says, 'O God, your throne is forever and ever. The sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of your kingdom/kingship. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your partners.'" (Hebrews 1:8-9)

Something is very wrong here. God is calling someone else God and then telling this other God that He himself is this God's God. The Trinitarian mistranslation creates two Gods, one God speaking to the other God and telling the other God how well he has done so the first God is the God of the second God and anoints the second God.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:13 AM

8,163 posts, read 12,824,937 times
Quote:

"But to the Son he [God] says, 'O God, your throne is forever and ever. The sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of your kingdom/kingship. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your partners.'" (Hebrews 1:8-9)

Something is very wrong here. God is calling someone else God and then telling this other God that He himself is this God's God. The Trinitarian mistranslation creates two Gods, one God speaking to the other God and telling the other God how well he has done so the first God is the God of the second God and anoints the second God.

Just a thought if you are the king and you have a son then eventually he will be king so couldn't it be the same pattern?

Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:

But to the Son God says (The Father) , O God, your throne is forever and ever. Therefore God,your God. He is talking about Jesus being God. The Father is addressing the Son. He said O God, He is called God. They are both God.

God The Son, was anointed by God the Father. God is not talking to a God outside of Himself. He is talking about Jesus.
If you read Gen 1:26 God said let us make man in our image and our likeness. God the Father was talking with the Son and The Holy Spirit.

They are both God, one in essence, that is why it says God your God. What was said to the Son ' O God, He is called God. His throne will be forever and ever, His kingdom. He is called God again, and anointed By God the Father.

Having identified Jesus as the person to whom God is speaking, we find that in the remainder of the verse God calls the Son, Jesus, God.

And if you read the rest of Hebrew 1:10 And, 'You, Lord, have laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the works of Your hands."

This verse proclaims the Son as the Creator. This further supports the fact that Jesus is God

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 02-18-2009 at 01:50 AM..

Old 02-18-2009, 01:48 AM

995 posts, read 1,175,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Just a thought if you are the king and you have a son then eventually he will be king so couldn't it be the same pattern?
But this implies 2 different 'persons' then right not 1 person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or