U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,402,170 times

Advertisements

tijlover wrote:
Quote:
I do not fear or worry about death. Contemplating my own death every day is what energizes me, it gets me through the day.
Wow, ok, give my regards to Elvis when you get to the other side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 06:42 PM

13,459 posts, read 21,205,608 times
Well, I don't expect to die of happiness However, I see it more as a transition from one life into another and will welcome the transition as a new adventure when the time comes..In the meantime, I will continue to make the most happy time of this life

Old 03-10-2009, 01:03 AM

995 posts, read 1,175,130 times
When you die, you will be in a transition state in a...call it another dimension...you will be questioned by 2 angels on your beliefs and then shown a glimpse of your future and eternal stay. Either the door of hell or heaven will be shown to you.

Then you will be all alone in that dimension with the door of your future stay being shown to you regularly to remind you of your upcoming fate. The one who will be shown the door of paradise will pray continually for the world to end soonest whilst the one showed the gate of hell will pray for the world to continue on with its life.

How long will the stay be? No one knows except the Creator coz a person will be in this state until the horn is blown to signal the end of the world. That is what terrifies the knowledgable coz no one knows how long this world will last...100 years...1000 years..100000 years......?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:48 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,520,600 times
Originally Posted by tijlover
Quote:
So how many others are in a position, today, to smile or laugh if your Doctor surprises you by telling you you only have X number of days to live?
When the doctors told my father that he had intestine cancer, I realised at 18 that everyone I love will once die. This realisation hit me like a sledgehammer and it took me a while to recover, because it took me a while to realise that the only way to recover from a truth like this is by accepting it.
Luckily when they removed a few inches of his intestine my father had been pronounced cancer free, but the realisation that you can loose your loved 1s at every time of the day has affected me in such a way that I live each day as if it were my last.
I've no regrets of anything and when my father died years later of a heart attack it wasn't hard for me to say goodbye, because by then I've told my father everything I've ever wanted to say to him.
So because of the way I've learned to live my life it doesn't matter to me if I die today or over 50 years.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 AM

995 posts, read 1,175,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by tijloverWhen the doctors told my father that he had intestine cancer, I realised at 18 that everyone I love will once die. This realisation hit me like a sledgehammer and it took me a while to recover, because it took me a while to realise that the only way to recover from a truth like this is by accepting it.
Luckily when they removed a few inches of his intestine my father had been pronounced cancer free, but the realisation that you can loose your loved 1s at every time of the day has affected me in such a way that I live each day as if it were my last.
I've no regrets of anything and when my father died years later of a heart attack it wasn't hard for me to say goodbye, because by then I've told my father everything I've ever wanted to say to him.
So because of the way I've learned to live my life it doesn't matter to me if I die today or over 50 years.
Amen to that

Old 03-10-2009, 02:47 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,717,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
When you die, you will be in a transition state in a...call it another dimension...you will be questioned by 2 angels on your beliefs and then shown a glimpse of your future and eternal stay. Either the door of hell or heaven will be shown to you.

Then you will be all alone in that dimension with the door of your future stay being shown to you regularly to remind you of your upcoming fate. The one who will be shown the door of paradise will pray continually for the world to end soonest whilst the one showed the gate of hell will pray for the world to continue on with its life.

How long will the stay be? No one knows except the Creator coz a person will be in this state until the horn is blown to signal the end of the world. That is what terrifies the knowledgable coz no one knows how long this world will last...100 years...1000 years..100000 years......?
OK...sounds nicely packaged--this theory of yours. ... how do you know your theroy is accurate?

Old 03-10-2009, 03:20 PM

3,486 posts, read 4,940,037 times
I contemplate death only to the practical extent of avoiding the painful and degrading experience of doctors trying to "save" my life when it's clearly beyond saving, or when its quality, if "saved", would be nil. As for the rest -- I am of the opinion that life is mostly absurd, and so is death. (If there is a God, he's certainly got a sense of humor.) I don't particularly care when my number is called -- today, tomorrow, 50 years from now, it's all but a speck of dust, anyway. Whenever I die, it will be momentarily unpleasant to me, and there will probably always be some people who will be sad about it, but they will inevitably move on. Death is inevitable; so why worry about it?

Old 03-10-2009, 06:10 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,581,332 times
following a hearing test this afternoon, there is much wondering about the common scope: a sobering perspective!

Last edited by effie g-tad; 03-10-2009 at 06:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality