U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 AM

4,669 posts, read 3,904,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
2nd prize for most ironic statement ever.

God creating life has never been observed, so therefore by your logic it's a myth. By your statement above, you don't believe that God created life, because it has never been observed.

It was recorded in the book of Genesis. It was observed by Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 11:35 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,451,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
It's too bad that the guy who wrote Genesis never observed it.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:47 AM

521 posts, read 790,729 times
Quote:
dismissible due to circular logic

Old 02-18-2009, 01:42 PM

7,450 posts, read 5,625,230 times
Quote:
Which is about as much proof as me saying that the Invisible Pink Unicorn created the universe with shiny sparkles and rainbows.

We at least have some inkling on how it happened. Nothing as proven as evolution yet, but it's hard to get that proven.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 PM

430 posts, read 500,973 times
Default Two points, in short...

... because it's apparent that serious and obviously knowledgeable debate such as "rifleman" has elegantly and kindly provided us all is useless to his intended audience. It fell on a closed mind; there's an interloper in the room.

I quote myself from another unrelated post, but it seemed cogent*:

"Those who privately refute the irrefutible are sadly delusional. Those who do so in front of millions, on C-D? Unsalvageable."

*Definition for the less well-read: "Cogent: forceful and convincing to the intellect and reason".

I suppose this assumes "reason" and "intellect", yes?

Old 02-18-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkpower View Post
dismissible due to circular logic

Oh? What's circular? That we believe the Bible?

I think you disbelieve because you just don't really want to believe.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:10 PM

4,071 posts, read 4,967,680 times
Quote:
Oh? What's circular? That we believe the Bible?

I think you disbelieve because you just don't really want to believe.
This is flawed logic. According to this argument Christians don't really disbelieve in the multitude of other deities(ie Dyonisis, Demeter, Bacchus, Thor, Zeus, Aphrodite, Poseidon etc.), they just don't really want to believe those deities exist. Yahweh doesn't have some magical power that exempts them from rationality.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:09 AM

430 posts, read 500,973 times
Primer point: "circular argument"

A = B because B = A. There! I'm so proud of myself.

Specific interpretation:

Creation happened because the bible said it happened in it's section on how it did Creation.

sounds like proof to me..... ZzzzzzzZZzzzzz

Old 02-20-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
This is flawed logic. According to this argument Christians don't really disbelieve in the multitude of other deities(ie Dyonisis, Demeter, Bacchus, Thor, Zeus, Aphrodite, Poseidon etc.), they just don't really want to believe those deities exist. Yahweh doesn't have some magical power that exempts them from rationality.

Honestly...we've given you plenty of evidence. I say you don't want to because I believe that you are trying to convince yourself there is not a creator.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:57 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,451,807 times
Quote:
Honestly...we've given you plenty of evidence. I say you don't want to because I believe that you are trying to convince yourself there is not a creator.
Why do you ignore us when we tell you that you are using circular logic?
You are so far in denial that you've convinced yourself of some hidden motives behind our disbelief instead of listening and understanding that you can't claim that the bible is true simple because the bible claims it's true.

Seriously though. How would you feel if a muslim went to you, asked you why you don't believe the Quran, ignored the answer that you gave him and then heard him/her claim that it was because you were lazy or evil or stupid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or