Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
"Satan comes to one of you and says, 'Who created so-and-so? 'till he says, 'Who has created your
Lord?' So, when he inspires such a question, one should seek refuge with Allah and give up such
thoughts."
Give up such thoughts. Boy that speaks volumes, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 03:05 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Hey moonsun, just fyi but you'd probably get more people to actually read your posts if you lost the bolding and the color and just went with well-laid out paragraphs.
thank you

Old 02-13-2009, 03:14 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
life comes from life....

how'd the first life come around, if not for creation?

You are asking a technical question. Are you informed about the current areas of scientific research into abiogenesis?

There is plenty of information about there. Perhaps you don't have a scientific background. Or maybe you're asking the question disingenuously because due to your religious beliefs you're not really interested in what might come from the scientific work in that area.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=science+%22origin+of+life%22
Abiogenesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Origin of Life
The Origins of Life & the Universe: Science Reference Guide, Library of Congress (http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/SciRefGuides/originsoflife.html - broken link)
EVOLUTIONARY ROOTS: On the Origin of Life on Earth -- Zimmer 323 (5911): 198 -- Science

Old 02-13-2009, 05:01 PM

970 posts, read 1,699,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich
Don't just give me a guess...give me a solid explanation.
Check my earlier link or ParkTwain's.
Quote:
Give me proof.
I repeat: at this point, there isn't one accepted theory of abiogenesis; scientists are still at the hypothesis stage. Some hypothesis are more likely than others, and some can partially be reproduced in a lab (see my earlier link and that of others), but not completely yet.
Quote:
Until then, evolution can be thrown out the window, because first abiogenesis has to happen.
The theory of evolution requires life to exist. For the purpose of evolution, it is unimportant whether this life originated from chemicals in underwater volcanoes, God, self-replicating crystals, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico
But there are zero details of our ancestors in the story of evolution. In fact, evolutionists have to invent new tribes of people never before mentioned in history. And that's why their story contradicts most of history because it's a fairy tale from their imaginations. But that's because satan, who rules the secular world is the father of lies. And his lies aren't even subtle. They contradict reality and history. Satan wil try to deceive man into believing that the truth is a lie and that a lie is the truth. And unfortunately, he does his job very well.
What can be affirmed without proof can be dismissed without proof. Especially if it's a crazy rant.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:13 PM

42 posts, read 64,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Check my earlier link or ParkTwain's.I repeat: at this point, there isn't one accepted theory of abiogenesis; scientists are still at the hypothesis stage. Some hypothesis are more likely than others, and some can partially be reproduced in a lab (see my earlier link and that of others), but not completely yet.The theory of evolution requires life to exist. For the purpose of evolution, it is unimportant whether this life originated from chemicals in underwater volcanoes, God, self-replicating crystals, the Flying Spaghetti Monster or whatever.

What can be affirmed without proof can be dismissed without proof. Especially if it's a crazy rant.

Amen. Accepted theories are as prevalent as accepted myths. Darwinism is one of the most fallacious evils of the last 2 centuries. It spawned:

1) the "science" of phrenology which held that brain size determines intelligence
2) Naziism which perpetuated the evil myth that the strong outlive the "weak." Hitler loved Darwin and used his insane theories to pass along Hitler's own insane theories.
3) The Rwandan genocide of the 1990's that the Tutsi were genetically inferior to the Hutu's.

But that's what happens when one reduces a human being to the level of what can be analyzed in a petrie dish; false claims, arrogance and evil actions. Evil also happens when people worship scientists as gods and blindly accept anything they say.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:21 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,068,856 times
::SIGH::

Old 02-13-2009, 06:25 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico View Post
Amen. Accepted theories are as prevalent as accepted myths. Darwinism is one of the most fallacious evils of the last 2 centuries. It spawned:

1) the "science" of phrenology which held that brain size determines intelligence
2) Naziism which perpetuated the evil myth that the strong outlive the "weak." Hitler loved Darwin and used his insane theories to pass along Hitler's own insane theories.
3) The Rwandan genocide of the 1990's that the Tutsi were genetically inferior to the Hutu's.

But that's what happens when one reduces a human being to the level of what can be analyzed in a petrie dish; false claims, arrogance and evil actions. Evil also happens when people worship scientists as gods and blindly accept anything they say.

before repeating commonplace, i'd identify myself.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:40 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Wink He asks, I answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
life comes from life....

how'd the first life come around, if not for creation?

Interesting question, kd. Glad you finally separated the two distinct issues in your own mind!

The official answer from the Scientific community? (You already know it but I'll repeat it for clarity):

We don't know. (But nor do you, BTW...)

Unlike The (now proved) Laws of Evolution, The Origins of Life remain a secret so far. But science, fed up with centuries of vast numbers of conflicting supernatural and crackpot hypotheses and chronologies from a few hundred different religions, has come up with a few rational ideas they are patiently working through, testing little bits at a time, and more and more rapidly converging towards the dreaded (by Xtians, at least...) Single Unifying Theory.

A much more satisfying approach than "Poof! The Magic Universe!" wouldn't you say? And far less Church-sanctioned bloodshed to boot!

Peace to All! And "Here's to Science" (...oh, and Happy birthday, Darwin, you glorious man!)

Now please, no more trolling!

Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 PM

717 posts, read 647,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico View Post
Just read the history of the Jews in the bible and you will see that it is not only true, but extremely detailed. It tells who theirs and our ancestors were right down to the lineage of each offspring of Noah.

But there are zero details of our ancestors in the story of evolution. In fact, evolutionists have to invent new tribes of people never before mentioned in history. And that's why their story contradicts most of history because it's a fairy tale from their imaginations. But that's because satan, who rules the secular world is the father of lies. And his lies aren't even subtle. They contradict reality and history. Satan wil try to deceive man into believing that the truth is a lie and that a lie is the truth. And unfortunately, he does his job very well.
What a load of rubbish Carico. You've had this explained to you numerous times on numerous boards. It is simply that you prefer ignorance to knowledge.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:33 PM

717 posts, read 647,877 times
Quote:
Perhaps you could show us HOW phrenology, which predates Darwin by several hundred years, was caused by Darwin? As for Nazism, you have had the difference between Biological Darwinism and Social Darwinism explained to you dozens of times, several of them by me on other boards. They are not the same thing and the ONLY similarity between them is the 'Darwinism' in their names. There is no provable linkage between the Rwanda genocide (which was the result of centuries of struggle between Hutu and Tutsi) and Darwinism.

And you know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality