U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 09:02 AM
juj juj started this thread

1,657 posts, read 2,287,194 times

Advertisements

Baghdad, Oct 3, 2008 (CNA).- Jean Sleiman, the Latin-rite Archbishop of Baghdad, recently spoke to an Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) event in Westminster, England, saying a “paralyzing fear” still grips Iraq’s Christian communities. The archbishop said “very real persecution” remains a threat alongside intense pressure to conform to rigorous Islamic standards, driving many Christians to leave the country.

Full story

It's not a mystery why so few Christians live in the Middle East. Actions speak louder than words. I have heard so much about how Islam teaches tolerance for their non-muslim brethren. But hello, nobody is listening! The only places that Muslims are tolerant is where they are the minority. Once they are the majority, tolerance is an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 09:15 AM

3,031 posts, read 7,879,763 times
Behold the tolerant religion in action:

Srebrenica massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No religion has clean hands.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:19 AM

42 posts, read 57,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Baghdad, Oct 3, 2008 (CNA).- Jean Sleiman, the Latin-rite Archbishop of Baghdad, recently spoke to an Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) event in Westminster, England, saying a “paralyzing fear” still grips Iraq’s Christian communities. The archbishop said “very real persecution” remains a threat alongside intense pressure to conform to rigorous Islamic standards, driving many Christians to leave the country.

Full story

It's not a mystery why so few Christians live in the Middle East. Actions speak louder than words. I have heard so much about how Islam teaches tolerance for their non-muslim brethren. But hello, nobody is listening! The only places that Muslims are tolerant is where they are the minority. Once they are the majority, tolerance is an option.

Muslims don't even tolerate each other! When they aren't killing Jews, they start killing others who don't agree with their religion. Then when they are prevented from killing them, they start killing each other! They simply become anxious when they are at peace for a few moments.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico View Post
Muslims don't even tolerate each other! When they aren't killing Jews, they start killing others who don't agree with their religion. Then when they are prevented from killing them, they start killing each other! They simply become anxious when they are at peace for a few moments.
That's funny, but unfortunately true. It does seem as if those folks have to be P.O'd at somebody or they are not happy.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Behold the tolerant religion in action:

Srebrenica massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No religion has clean hands.
That incident was a completely heinous and unacceptable act. While unforgiveable, it occurred in an isolated region of a country that was very much in turmoil whose acts were perpertrated by a few evil men. What I am talking about is a pattern that has existed for over 1400 years in the entire Middle Eastern region accomplished by thousands, if not millions of Muslims.

The Middle East is almost devoid of Christians even though Christians were the vast majority before Muhammed's time. I am not talking about the killing or persecutions of a few thousand. I am talking about a scale in the tens of millions over the last 1400 years. Both wrong, but there is no comparison based on the numbers. In addition, your home country of Saudi Arabia, has outlawed Christianity and all symbols of it. Saudi Arabi is the lead Muslim country and they have set the standard for other Muslim countries to follow. .....more incredible tolerance in action.

To check for religion populations in the Middle Eastern countries, refer to this web site:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/countrylisting.html (broken link)

Last edited by juj; 02-13-2009 at 09:53 AM..

Old 02-13-2009, 11:38 AM

995 posts, read 1,176,581 times
Quote:
That incident was a completely heinous and unacceptable act. While unforgiveable, it occurred in an isolated region of a country that was very much in turmoil whose acts were perpertrated by a few evil men. What I am talking about is a pattern that has existed for over 1400 years in the entire Middle Eastern region accomplished by thousands, if not millions of Muslims.

The Middle East is almost devoid of Christians even though Christians were the vast majority before Muhammed's time. I am not talking about the killing or persecutions of a few thousand. I am talking about a scale in the tens of millions over the last 1400 years. Both wrong, but there is no comparison based on the numbers. In addition, your home country of Saudi Arabia, has outlawed Christianity and all symbols of it. Saudi Arabi is the lead Muslim country and they have set the standard for other Muslim countries to follow. .....more incredible tolerance in action.

To check for religion populations in the Middle Eastern countries, refer to this web site:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/countrylisting.html (broken link)
The reason why the middle-east has very few christians is because most of them converted to Islam! Duh The Christians there, most of them, practised the Unitarian form where Jesus is human and not divine and so when Islam arrived, they knew that the prophet Muhammad was the prophet prophecied in their bible. Before his declaration of prophethood, there were already signs which the prophet's wife Khatijah's cousin, who was a devout christian, recognised as that of prophethood.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Oh, that's not the only incidence of Christian-on-"other" violence. But do we really need to start listing atrocities *coughCrusadescough*? No religion is innocent of hateful acts.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
The reason why the middle-east has very few christians is because most of them converted to Islam! Duh The Christians there, most of them, practised the Unitarian form where Jesus is human and not divine and so when Islam arrived, they knew that the prophet Muhammad was the prophet prophecied in their bible. Before his declaration of prophethood, there were already signs which the prophet's wife Khatijah's cousin, who was a devout christian, recognised as that of prophethood.
Yes, there were Christians that converted. That's pretty obvious. But how many were persecuted until they relented? How many were killed? How many were run off? How many stayed until they could take no more or couldn't get a job? No country's population goes from 95% to 1% because they ALL converted by their freewill. That idea is completely ludicrous.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Oh, that's not the only incidence of Christian-on-"other" violence. But do we really need to start listing atrocities *coughCrusadescough*? No religion is innocent of hateful acts.
Again, yes Christianity has done wrong, but I am talking about TODAY in the modern world and not a relative short period. You know today, where the earth is round and not the center of the universe.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Again, yes Christianity has done wrong, but I am talking about TODAY in the modern world where the earth is round and not the center of the universe.
Oh, right then, nevermind. Just give me a moment to lift the corner of the carpet so that you can sweep that gigantic lump of shame back under it.

Wait...weren't you the one that said "What I am talking about is a pattern that has existed for over 1400 years in the entire Middle Eastern region accomplished by thousands, if not millions of Muslims."

Hey, I thought you were talking about TODAY in the modern world, not 1400 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality