Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 11:22 AM

30 posts, read 50,643 times

Advertisements

There are many religions and all of them claim to be right about who or what God is and what his will is. This is a major problem for many people who struggle with their faith and others who are trying to find one as the question will always arise..."What if I'm wrong"?

This may be a touchy subject for some of you who are in strict adherance with your faith and if so you may want to stop reading now lest you should consider me a heretic.

After being raised a catholic and subjected to the teachings of my church and getting slapped around by the franciscan brothers at my school I began to gravitate toward christianity. This seems to be the natural evolution for many christians. Shortly after I began to question that too when my pastor gave a cermon about how the devil will try to trick you into believing that the bible is not all true and that science and theories of evolution are tools used by the devil to accomplish his goal. Throw in the 6000yr old earth thing (which is rediculous) and all credibility is lost.

So, as a result of these experiences I began to research all the information available to find the truth about God, man, and the origin of it all. First I read the old testament. With no preconceived notions about what I was looking for I allowed the picture to form in my mind about what was going on back then. Well, I,m sure I could write an entire book on this so for now I'll keep it short. The earth was inhabited by beings who claim to have created us and these "beings" who the people believed to be God or Gods were activly involved in the development of modern man. They taught us everything we needed to know to survive and prosper. They are not the one true God (creator of everything) and mankind has confused the works of these beings with the true intentions of the SOURCE. The actual creator of everything, even the beings I speak of. Theres just too much information to get into here as this post is already way too long, but I assure you that when you pray (regardless of who you pray to) your prayer goes out to the "Source" and it will always respond accordingly.

KC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 11:24 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Welcome to the boards.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:29 AM

Thank you SuSuSushi...

Old 02-13-2009, 11:53 AM

605 posts, read 1,107,891 times
Whichever one is blessing his/her/its followers with bailout money.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:58 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcferry View Post
So, as a result of these experiences I began to research all the information available to find the truth about God, man, and the origin of it all. First I read the old testament. With no preconceived notions about what I was looking for I allowed the picture to form in my mind about what was going on back then. Well, I,m sure I could write an entire book on this so for now I'll keep it short. The earth was inhabited by beings who claim to have created us and these "beings" who the people believed to be God or Gods were activly involved in the development of modern man. They taught us everything we needed to know to survive and prosper. They are not the one true God (creator of everything) and mankind has confused the works of these beings with the true intentions of the SOURCE. The actual creator of everything, even the beings I speak of. Theres just too much information to get into here as this post is already way too long, but I assure you that when you pray (regardless of who you pray to) your prayer goes out to the "Source" and it will always respond accordingly.KC
Perhaps you should widen your scope of research and not just restrict it to the christian gospels

Old 02-13-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Perhaps you should widen your scope of research and not just restrict it to the christian gospels
My scope is wide open

Anything in particular you would recommend?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:12 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
My scope is wide open

He's muslim. He'll tell you to read the Quran.

Personally, I'm fond of a lot of the eastern religious texts, even though I'm not religious and certainly don't believe in any deities. Then again I've also read the bible, the Quran, and quite a bit of the Torah. I'm weird that way.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:14 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,744 times
I am praying to Fungomongous! He is the god of Mushrooms. I am praying for a bountiful harvest of morels in the spring.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I am praying to Fungomongous! He is the god of Mushrooms. I am praying for a bountiful harvest of morels in the spring.
The i guess Toadstoologus is the dark side huh?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
My scope is wide open

Yup. Why not the Quran? (or at least a good unbiased translation) You'll be surprised at what you will find, if you're prepared to go in with an open mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality