U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 12:42 PM

5,408 posts, read 4,659,683 times

Advertisements

I'm sure there are many in the flames of hell right now who used to say the same things against God.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. (Galatians 6:7)

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. (Romans 12:19)

Old 03-22-2009, 01:52 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,711,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I'm sure there are many in the flames of hell right now who used to say the same things against God.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. (Galatians 6:7)

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. (Romans 12:19)

Um...you keep in touch with them to know this or are you just going on ancient hearsay?

Old 03-22-2009, 01:54 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
yep i find them there. the other place i find a lot of em are bar stool dissertations on theology.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:15 PM

899 posts, read 1,680,408 times
Quote:
it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.[/i] (Romans 12:19)

A vengeful god eh? Yet in other parts of the bible he says he's a loving god. Well, which is it... is he a mass murderer, a condoner of rape and slavery (yes you can read about that in the bible) or is he a loving father? Very confusing isn't it? Absurd even.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Two things:

1. We are told that it was Moses who brought the law(s) of God to man which included laws against incest.

2. Moses himself was a product of incest (Exodus 6:20)

That must have been quite uncomfortable.

Sure must have been. lol

Old 03-22-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Remember when Zeke (Ezekiel) had to make cakes out of human dung? It was Isaiah who also had to walk around naked for a few years too, right?

Some call these men "holy," and "inspired of God." Most of us today would call them nuts.
Guess I need to look at some of the folks walking around New York City a little more closely then.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:33 PM

541 posts, read 851,225 times
bible was written and derived from sumerian lore

Old 03-22-2009, 03:52 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,716,763 times
Default Adam And Eve--hungry ---ABSURD

A young girl goes for a walk in a garden. She is so unsophisticated that she doesn't even know that she is naked. She happens upon a talking snake that scars the daylights out of her. In her nearly hysterical state, she thinks that the snake is telling her to eat an apple, because doing so will make her smart.

She knows that her dad told her to not eat that apple, because the fruit on the apple tree wasn't "ready." But the talking snake scared her. She did not want to make the snake mad, so she ate the apple.

She decided that indeed the fruit was ready, and quite tasty. She told her boyfriend about the talking snake, and started getting hysterical again. The boyfriend calmed her down and went to get an apple to eat to show her that no harm would befall them.

The young lady's father was very irritated that his daughter and her boyfriend stole fruit from his tree. Very, very irritated. So mad that he forbid them from being in his garden ever again. He also berated them and made them ashamed for being naked--as they were unsophisticated. He cursed them, and wished great harm to befall them.

The young girl and her boyfriend fled from the garden, and from the wrath of her father. The father never saw them again.

The father was sad that he never saw them again. So, many, many years after their death, as they could no longer live in the garden, and had no means of survival, the father decided to do something to mollify his own feelings. He sent his son into a town to tell everyon that he really was a good father--even though his wrath for eating the fruit had caused much pain for the young girl and her boyfriend.

The people in the town didn't want to hear stories about the father being a good father, because he had severly hurt his daughter and her boyfriend. So, they threw the son out of town. The father became irritated that the son was not able to get the people in the town to believe that he was a good father. He became very, very irritated. His anger grew and grew. He became so angry that he killed his son.

The police never found out that the father had killed the son. So he was never caught.

Last edited by dcashley; 03-22-2009 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-22-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-IRISH View Post
bible was written and derived from sumerian lore
Correct but only a third of the story.

Good observation though.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:33 PM

29,112 posts, read 18,387,216 times
Quote:

Hey, thanks for the update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or