U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 10:44 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,038,211 times

Advertisements

Montana, you know, I was just about to ask a very similar question the other day. I know there are many people who believe the Anti-Christ is actually walking around the Earth right now despite the fact that having two horns and a tail might be very hard to disguise from modern-day societies. With that in mind, I'm going to take a stab at a more reclusive place where no one will notice the devil horns and tail so I'm going to have to say deep in the jungles of Papua New Guinea or perhaps as a wandering desert nomad.

As a side question, I always wondered if the Anti-Christ is supposed to know he's the Anti-Christ... Is he actually going home at night and having mystical, private conversations with the devil (somehow himself in human form...like an evil trinity) to plot and plan their next movement or is he just supposed to read the Bible and fulfill each prophecy line by line sort of like an instruction manual with really vague directions?

Or, is the Anti-Christ not going to know what the hell he is, he's just going to conform to a certain set of criteria (unconsciously) and then after everything is fulfilled the real Satan will sort of float into him and make him do a little dance at the dinner table like in Beetlejuice before attempting to take over the world?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,990,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
The false messiah (al-maseeh al-dajjaal) is the liar who leads people astray, the messiah of misguidance who will tempt people by means of the signs that he is given, such as bringing down rain, reviving the earth to bring forth vegetation, and other “miracles.”

He will be a young man with a ruddy complexion, short, with thick curly hair, a wide forehead, and broad upper chest, blind or defective (mamsooh) in the right eye. This eye will be neither prominent nor sunken, and will look like a floating grape.His left eye will be covered with a thick piece of flesh growing at the edge of his eye. Written between his eyes will be “Kaaf faa’ raa’ (K-F-R)”, in separate (Arabic) letters, or “kaafir”, with the letters joined. This will be read by every Muslim, literate or illiterate.

The Dajjaal will die at the hands of the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (Jesus) (peace be upon him) , as is indicated by the saheeh ahaadeeth. The Dajjaal will appear on earth and will gain many followers, spreading his fitnah far and wide. No one will escape his fitnah except a few of the believers. At that point, ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him) will descend to the eastern minaret in Damascus, and the believing slaves of Allaah will gather around him. He will lead them towards the Dajjaal, who at the time of the descent of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) will be heading for Bayt al-Maqdis (Jerusalem). ‘Eesa will catch up with him at the gate of Ludd (Lod), a place in Palestine near Bayt al-Maqdis.

When the Dajjaal sees him, he will start to melt like salt melting in water,
thank you for your post moonsun , allow me to add some additional points about him .

1-He will make his emergence from Iran or its precincts.
2-A large number of his followers will be the Jews.
3-When he comes, he will come at a time when there is famine and starvation and war, and he will amplify his authority by manipulating people because of the great need of food and peace on the earth at that time.

4-Before he arrives, the earth will suffer from an unprecedented drought that will cause vegetables and cattle to die off. At this time, he will come with huge amounts of food and water and other means.
5-He will first declare that he is a prophet, and then eventually claim Divinity. Those who accept him as their lord, he will cause rain to fall on their land and supply with food and other essentials. Those who reject him, he will forbid rain from falling on their land and will prevent food and other means from being supplied to them.

6-His powers will be so great that he will rule the earth for a few years. Then when he gathers an army together to fight against those that reject him, Jesus, peace and blessings be upon him, will descend and eventually destroy him.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:22 AM

11,145 posts, read 13,531,616 times
Anyone who's charismatic, intelligent, and running on the Democratic ticket for president gets accused of being the anti-Christ (at least by those who delude themselves into thinking God picks a political party).

Many were convinced it was Clinton, now Obama. Let's hope we can repeat the 8 years of peace and prosperity from the first anti-Christ!

On a serious note - consider the possibility that the concept of the anti-Christ was created to control people. There will come charismatic people who provide solutions to major global issues: poverty, war, famine...

These solutions will touch on spiritual truths yet challenge established religious doctrine. Religious people will resist, calling such harbingers the anti-Christ. They will be crucified - literally or figuratively.

In your quest to recognize the anti-Christ, just be aware and tap into your hearts to sense whether the outcome results in a more loving, sustainable, peaceful planet. Then ask yourself whether Christ would prefer us to all worship him and a book at all costs (waiting for the rapture and ignoring the needs of our planet) or to figure out how to live peacefully and lovingly with one another.

This will probably happen during our time. Just be aware of it when it does.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:01 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,795,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've seen so many horror movies featuring the antiChrist that I've probably gotten them mixed up with what the Bible says on the subject. I know people have speculated that all sorts of people might be the antiChrist, in fact I read once that a few people think it's Prince Charles but I don't think he looks menacing enough for the job. There's also a variety of opinions about where this man will be from. I don't think I've heard many people, if any, suggest that he would be from North or South America, Australia, Asia or Africa. Generally it's either Europe or the Middle East. Anyway, for those of you who believe that the antiChrist is really coming, do you have any idea who it might be or where he would be from?
Hmmmmmm

Okay let's be more serious and stir things up a bit. I think most anti-christs I've seen have been those who actually claimed Christianity, but belayed that claim by their actions. Here's a famous non-christian man who I've quoted many times here and have been at times condemned by the coined phrazed "believers" crowd for doing just so. One more time now, the man Ghandi's quote to Lord Irwin, British Viceroy over India:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghandi
"I like your Christ. I just don't like your Chrisitians. They are so unlike your Christ."
Now does Ghandi's observation fit the definition of what an "Anti-Christ" is ??? This is a serious question and all joking aside!!!

Here's something else to stir up your thread. There have been many an "Anti-Christ Obama" bashing threads by the coined phraze "believers" folks here at city-data forum. I received this in an email a couple of days ago. Interesting speech. Should be fun

http://www.yoism.org/media/BarackObamaOnReligion.wmv

Last edited by bluepacific; 02-14-2009 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-14-2009, 08:19 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,397,088 times
Moonsun wrote:
Quote:
When the Dajjaal sees him, he will start to melt like salt melting in water,
Kind of like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz?

Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,397,088 times
BarFly, whoops I mean Bluefly wrote:
Quote:
Anyone who's charismatic, intelligent, and running on the Democratic ticket for president gets accused of being the anti-Christ (at least by those who delude themselves into thinking God picks a political party).
Yeah, I know what you mean, and there's quite a few people who honestly believe it's true. Kinda scary.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:17 AM

4,469 posts, read 6,160,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

Many were convinced it was Clinton, now Obama. Let's hope we can repeat the 8 years of peace and prosperity from the first anti-Christ!
The Antichrist is supposed to usher in a thousand years of prosperity. Clinton missed the mark by about 995 years. Maybe he was a very very small Antichristlet?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:12 AM

11,145 posts, read 13,531,616 times
Antichristlet. That's awesome.

I never heard the thousand years of prosperity bit. That confirms my suspicion that this whole Antichrist concept was conceived by petty, insecure people fearful of somebody coming along to awaken the masses from their slumber.

Somebody will bring peace and prosperity for a thousand years and the real Christ would prefer - what? - that we work to make the 21st century even bloodier than the twentieth?

Don't eliminate poverty either - that's the work of Satan through the Antichrist!

You just can't win with people who won't critique what they've been conditioned to believe is fact.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:18 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,579,874 times
That's comfort, isn't it?

not given to violence, i humbly submit some heartfelt 100% cynical speedy recovery wishes to the patients on V-Day!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:09 PM

8,163 posts, read 12,817,106 times
I am!!! Just kidding but many would believe so because i'm jewish and that would be enough considering our views on Jesus.Think about this Jesus is the savior whereas the jewish population is still waiting for the return of ours'so we don't acknowledge that one has come back yet. So in other words we are claiming that people who believe in Jesus are wrong.It's funny because even though I am jewish I take bits and pieces of lots of religions because I have free will to choose what I believe or not.Now considering poverty,unemployment,racism,murders,etc...how could anyone possibly believe that we have already been saved?I am fair to everyone(person,animal) and give everyone a fair shake.Think about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality