U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2009, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Oxford, England
13,036 posts, read 21,537,274 times
Reputation: 19858

Advertisements

I always thought Bugs Bunny had a certain sinister look about him. Smug and obviously enjoyed inflicting violence a great deal on poor Daffy. I could be wrong though.

Sarah Palin does not fit the profile to me as I would expect such a grandly named character as the anti-Christ to have at least a couple of functioning brain cells. Mrs Thatcher on the other hand... brilliant mind coupled with evil, she could really pull it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2009, 06:07 PM
 
12,508 posts, read 13,120,860 times
Reputation: 8927
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
ruddy complexion, thick curly hair, a wide forehead, broad upper chest, blind or defective in the right eye, this eye will look like a floating grape. His left eye will be covered with a thick piece of flesh growing at the edge of his eye. Written between his eyes will be Kaaf faa’ raa in separate Arabic) letters. When the Dajjaal sees him, he will start to melt like salt melting in water,
whoa

all questions of theology aside, this person has a talent and flair for writing really vivid graphic scenes. very well-done, would do well working in an artistic or creative field
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 11:40 PM
 
49 posts, read 99,004 times
Reputation: 23
All I have to say is if you don't believe in the bible and believe that there isn't going to be an anti-christ ruling the world, why even bother reading and posting on here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,484,664 times
Reputation: 47456
he is all around us, he is the one that says there is no evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 08:40 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,756,061 times
Reputation: 58198
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethandTim View Post
All I have to say is if you don't believe in the bible and believe that there isn't going to be an anti-christ ruling the world, why even bother reading and posting on here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he is all around us, he is the one that says there is no evil.
Yep and yep. It's bizarre to me that atheists want to discuss things they don't even believe in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 09:26 AM
 
4,172 posts, read 5,861,803 times
Reputation: 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yep and yep. It's bizarre to me that atheists want to discuss things they don't even believe in.
Bizzare??!! Actions of the religious impact atheists and that is why we are here. Some might find it inconvenient. Here is a related thread:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ves-way-2.html

Last edited by calmdude; 11-07-2009 at 10:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 02:15 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,756,061 times
Reputation: 58198
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Bizzare??!! Actions of the religious impact atheists and that is why we are here. Some might find it inconvenient. Here is a related thread:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ves-way-2.html
Sorry but it is indeed bizarre no matter what kind of spin you try and put on it. I see atheists on this board all of the time "discussing" the details of things like the OP. If you're an athiest why do you even care to discuss who the anti-christ might be and where he will come from? I'll tell you why.....it's trolling and it's to poke fun, plain and simple. There's something inherently wrong with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,705,281 times
Reputation: 12220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Sorry but it is indeed bizarre no matter what kind of spin you try and put on it. I see atheists on this board all of the time "discussing" the details of things like the OP. If you're an athiest why do you even care to discuss who the anti-christ might be and where he will come from? I'll tell you why.....it's trolling and it's to poke fun, plain and simple. There's something inherently wrong with that.
I think there is something wrong with people who relish the idea that some imaginary entity is going to wipe out billions of people...To me it is one of the sickest self serving fantasies prevalent today.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 02:54 PM
 
4,172 posts, read 5,861,803 times
Reputation: 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Sorry but it is indeed bizarre no matter what kind of spin you try and put on it. I see atheists on this board all of the time "discussing" the details of things like the OP. If you're an athiest why do you even care to discuss who the anti-christ might be and where he will come from? I'll tell you why.....it's trolling and it's to poke fun, plain and simple. There's something inherently wrong with that.
You have not attempted to read and understand what was said before and just reterated your earlier statement.

Last edited by calmdude; 11-07-2009 at 03:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2009, 03:07 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,756,061 times
Reputation: 58198
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
You have not attempted to read and understand what was said before and just reterated your earlier statement.
Yes I read and understood. You're not understanding what I'm saying because you can't see past what you thought was a valid excuse for trolling and fun poking. How does the anti-christ and where he lives affect your every day life? Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top