U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:15 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,064,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
b. frank wrote:

I'm interested in reality too but this is intended as a thread about humor, you know, laughing and stuff like that?
Oh... I thought it was using satire to allude to the idea that some people who don't believe in God expect him to do certain things and because they don't see this God doing certain things they assume he doesn't exist. While we don't often talk about what Bigfoot does or doesn't eat; we consistently refer to what God does or doesn't do. At least, that's what I got out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 06:16 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,595,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Who said I wasn't laughing?

tripartite agreements ... wait for the music to start ....

Old 02-13-2009, 06:17 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,273,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
That being said, I suppose if there were large groups of people trying to force me to eat twigs and berries simply because the scant evidence for Bigfoot suggested he may eat such things; I might be a little more argumentative and defensive about how I shouldn't be basing my life on things that have almost improbable aptitudes assigned to them.
Ah, now we're getting somewhere!

But why would they force you to eat his diet? That just don't sound right!

Old 02-13-2009, 06:20 PM

7,791 posts, read 10,473,158 times
Quote:

I find the evidence supporting the existence of Bigfoot to be rather nil so conjecturing on what it would eat would be rather stupid.

That's a shame. 'Cuz June's pretty sure she saw him driving the car right behind her as she was going through the 'drive thru' section of Dunkin' Donuts this morning!

--So she footed the bill (yup, bad pun) for his double espresso latte, just to be on the safe side...

Old 02-13-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Oh... I thought it was using satire to allude to the idea that some people who don't believe in God expect him to do certain things and because they don't see this God doing certain things they assume he doesn't exist. While we don't often talk about what Bigfoot does or doesn't eat; we consistently refer to what God does or doesn't do. At least, that's what I got out of it.
More about spending grand amounts of time on something we don't believe in.....but I like what you got too! It was a quick post as I had to cook some grilled cheese and tomato soup for three hungry youngins.

(I'm sure Bigfoot would love GC and tomato soup!)

Old 02-13-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
--So she footed the bill (yup, bad pun) for his double espresso latte, just to be on the safe side...
Love the pun!

Old 02-13-2009, 06:24 PM

2,955 posts, read 6,641,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

Because they think that emulating Bigfoot has some kind of value?
That you must be as much like Bigfoot as possible because if you are not, then you must be missing out on something?
What's next - the idea that Bigfoot created humans in his own image and that his diet is indeed the One True Diet?

Old 02-13-2009, 06:34 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,064,863 times
Quote:

My guess is they might assume that because Bigfoot has managed to stay hidden for so long and because of his elusive nature he must be very healthy and that whatever he eats would be good for me. I agree... It doesn't sound right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
That's a shame. 'Cuz June's pretty sure she saw him driving the car right behind her as she was going through the 'drive thru' section of Dunkin' Donuts this morning!
Well, just to be on the safe side, I will not be asking for those droppings.

Quote:
More about spending grand amounts of time on something we don't believe in.....but I like what you got too! It was a quick post as I had to cook some grilled cheese and tomato soup for three hungry youngins.
Well, the diet of Bigfoot, and for that matter, the contemplation of whether or not Bigfoot exists, in what capacity he exists and where he might exist does not really attempt to insert itself into global politics, the way I live my life, the way others live their life, etc...

As I said, if large groups of people kept knocking on my door telling me I should be eating twigs and berries because their grainy photos of Bigfoot showed him snacking on such but they didn't have much else to go on then I'd be pretty apt to slam the door in their face. Similarly, even if they invited me out to the woods to search for Bigfoot myself I'd probably be rather annoyed for the simple fact that I am quite certain Bigfoot isn't there and I really don't need multiple expeditions into the wilderness to prove that. I've been in the woods before but all I saw were squirrels throwing acorns at my head and the occasional skunk.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:34 PM

7,791 posts, read 10,473,158 times
Quote:

But since I can not figure out exactly what it is that Bigfoot eats, I am certain he doesn't exist.

Don't you agree?

No, because after buying him that double espresso latte, he thanked me, and told me, himself, that he doesn't tend to like goose patte.

-Doesn't eat geese of any kind. Said he doesn't need to.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:36 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,595,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Because they think that emulating Bigfoot has some kind of value?
That you must be as much like Bigfoot as possible because if you are not, then you must be missing out on something?
What's next - the idea that Bigfoot created humans in his own image and that his diet is indeed the One True Diet?

biting my amalgamated teeth and swallow in depth ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality