U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,404,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Where was God when the plane crashed today?
Who knows, maybe he was busy listening to a family in Bakersfield give thanks for the meatloaf and potatoes they were about to enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 10:17 AM

995 posts, read 1,175,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Who knows, maybe he was busy listening to a family in Bakersfield give thanks for the meatloaf and potatoes they were about to enjoy.
That's blasphemy

Old 02-15-2009, 10:20 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,437,255 times
not well informed on this mornings plane crash however ----------ok bout plan crashes ---god is in the same place. why does bad stuff happen, often because we dont listen. we saw 911 comining long b4 it arrived.
every good thing that happens in my life i attribute to god. every rotten thing usually my own mistakes or at least an opportunity to learn. amazing how often the mistakes are repairable.
my mind is not focused on an omnipotent devil who reeked havoc on my life daily, that i call devil worship.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:00 AM

6,343 posts, read 8,487,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
Having had so many here praise and thank God for saving all the passengers on the plane that ditched in the Hudson River, I would like to know whether they have any thoughts on Gods seeming inaction in Buffalo today?

Especially as there was a human rights activist on board described by one of her colleagues as 'irreplaceable' and a 'truly wonderful, great human being.' Not good enough to warrant God's saving hand obviously.

Where was "god"?... As a Gnostic Christian, I have an answer!...

HE WAS LAUGHING AT THE PEOPLE DYING AND SAVORING THEIR SCREAMS WITH SADISTIC DELIGHT

"god" did not have any "inaction", but his action was to watch the plane crash and no doubt eat his celestial popcorn and watch. Why do you think he created life? So that he could have A:, a play thing to enjoy inflicting harm on and B:, a a group of people to kiss his giant, divine rump in "praise and worship". When you are suffering, know that your creator laughs.

The greatest trick the devil ever played was NOT convincing the world he doesn't exist, but was convincing the world that he is not the "god" of the Old Testament.

Just look at the suffering Yaldabaoth brings upon the world: it is clear that the "loving creator" is anything but. That is why our worship is only directed towards that-which-came-before-the-creator, the GREAT LIGHT that is beyond this world, that is what we call GOD, not the satan, the ruler and creator of the world.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:21 PM

995 posts, read 1,175,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Where was "god"?... As a Gnostic Christian, I have an answer!...The greatest trick the devil ever played was NOT convincing the world he doesn't exist, but was convincing the world that he is not the "god" of the Old Testament.

Just look at the suffering Yaldabaoth brings upon the world: it is clear that the "loving creator" is anything but. That is why our worship is only directed towards that-which-came-before-the-creator, the GREAT LIGHT that is beyond this world, that is what we call GOD, not the satan, the ruler and creator of the world.
You're saying that God the creator and satan are one and the same? And you worship this great light which came before the creator...Ok...if you accused God the creator of all these crimes of human suffering etc, what is your great light's role in all these? Why is this great light not doing anything to help you guys?

Old 02-15-2009, 02:34 PM

11,145 posts, read 13,536,839 times
Maybe if we replace our concept of "God" as some "person" looking down and pulling strings and replace it with "Life" more akin to a Force that is capable of truly miraculous actions or letting the mundane meanderings of a young civilization play out we'll begin to understand how the universe actually works.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:38 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,323,951 times
Death is part of life.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:42 PM

38,691 posts, read 86,838,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Death is part of life.
Thanks Musafa.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:03 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,701,709 times
we all shall suffer the consequences of our own creation get ready for armageddon!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:10 PM

540 posts, read 1,063,486 times
There's a lot of ungratefulness in this post for the mere gift of life and consciousness in this post...

I think we're all told that the hours my come like a thief in the night.... But really, does it make any difference when one dies? To but have lived and given praise for that is enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality