U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 10:24 PM

86 posts, read 92,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
All are children of "God", if you will.
Such a person is just not a fully formed human being yet
The dark ages began after the fall of the western roman empire and the burning of the Alexandria library. Religion took over, mainly catholic and christianity. In these ages, we humans have banned the use of science and discoveries, and we have replaced them with beliefs of supernatural entities such as the devil, demons, god and what-not. If a person tried to be different, as in trying to be scientific and critisizing the world around us, then he/she would be considered a witch under the control of satan. There would be a trial where the victim would be tortured until confession, and then she (99% of the accused were women and children) would be dunked in water. If she drowned, she was a human. Oh well. If she survived, then they would burn her. This kept on going because during the torture, they were also required to reveal 3 other people who did "witch craft". The cycle continued because the religion was the law.

Do you know how many innocent people were forced to give their lives in the name of their "Lord"? DO YOU KNOW how many animals were sacraficed without consent? Do you know how many people were killed because others thought they were posessed by Satan? I hate religion because the people involved forced, and probabley still do, their beliefes to non-believers. It's not fair! I don't believe in any of it, but I am thankful of the purpose of Jesus's death. It's just the magical and supernatural stuff I don't believe in, like 100ft serpents, a God that's everywhere and everything and ect. I beleive in what can pe proven with ACTUAL evidence.

As for the "human being" part I quoted: What the hell is a human? Huh? We kill people without a fair trial (okay, used to kill people without a fair trial), we torture and enjoy other poeple's pain, we think we are above all animal life and think we can do whatever we can to them and it won't matter. In the dark ages, we based life on beliefs and religion that whatever the people in charge said went. No fair tirals, no freedom of speech. Just pure, unrestrained order. Now thankfully, the dark ages of science were finished, but I'm not sure that the dark ages of humans are over.

In the modern world we've got drug abude, senseless killing, animal abuse, pollution, murder, rape, sexism, tyrants, laws, freedom, racism... the list goes on.

There are those who are dedicated to a life of well-being, but I am disgusted by the way people forced to die in the name of God, Christ and whoever. I'm pretty sure this isn't what God had in mind when he created man.

Dominance and responsibility over all animals? Well, we failed in the responsibility part and overdid the dominace.

I believe in the moral of the stories the bible teaches, I just don't believe in the content. I respect the beliefs of others and I mean no offence, but I don't care about what they believe. I care about what I believe, and what I believe in can be proven (animals, nature, evolution, astronomy).

Does being "human" mean violence and a system based of punishing people if they are accused of a made up demon called Satan without showing any solid evidence (visual, physical, ect.)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 03:26 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,176,805 times
Its the 60s generation with all their belly button gazing, anti-industry, mysticism, and dope-these losers are in charge. By now we should be extending a moon colony with regular flights, have an excellent highway system, and our cities should be modern marvels as well as our transportation systems. We landed on the moon 40 years ago (I know I got a ticket for sparking on an over pass), and after our nazis died who built Apollo we seemed to slow way down. From the Wright brothers, think what flight had become in 40 years, or from the first rca plug in radio set in 1927, and 40 years later. Now we are afraid of everything and in some sort of social angst or melancholy, where is the progress?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality