U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2009, 01:39 PM
 
2,633 posts, read 4,455,872 times
Reputation: 586

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
I personally don't think there would ever be a good reason for killing anyone.
Then forget about trying to complicate things or changing the topic. If you were to find that there is no god, killing innocent people would be just as bad.

Your morality doesn't necessarily have to change if you become an atheist but you really need to ask yourself whether you do good because it's the right thing to do, because you like being treated well by others or because you get kicks out of doing evil but fear divine retribution.

People just love to rationalize away evil, to find excuses for being bad, to blame others(video games, society and even Satan) but we all make our own choices
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2009, 02:26 PM
 
2,255 posts, read 4,803,551 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Then forget about trying to complicate things or changing the topic. If you were to find that there is no god, killing innocent people would be just as bad.

Your morality doesn't necessarily have to change if you become an atheist but you really need to ask yourself whether you do good because it's the right thing to do, because you like being treated well by others or because you get kicks out of doing evil but fear divine retribution.

People just love to rationalize away evil, to find excuses for being bad, to blame others (video games, society and even Satan) but we all make our own choices
Hey, no one's changing the topic here. If there was no God as the O.P. stated at the beginning, then it would certainly explain the raw violent animalistic passion of the survival of the fittest or natural selection mentality which characterized the Eugenics policies made by early atheists of the late 19th century and right through most of the 20th century which strictly based their finding, not on the bible or any other holy book that I know of, but solely based and developed on the Theory of Evolution and nothing else. Your atheist side of the issue has just as filthy an embarassing inhumane historical record of dumping on humanity as does religion.

"Blame video games, society, and even Satan" ??? Okay, "uncle" there's no God. Let's not rationalize any evil or even call it evil. So we can agree to effectively blame all of this on the recent perverted mutations apparently caused by an ongoing, uncontrollable, unstable, and the ever continuing to mutate humanoids. From my vantage point it appears to be getting worse. Mankind and society continue to go down hill and apparently it's not their own or a mythical Satan's fault , it's simply evolution working it's blind genius over and over again and again. But the only problem is that evolution seems to be going backwards rather than forwards. Our planet's environment is on it's last legs. The top of the pile intellectual child prodigy geniuses now in charge of running the show are solely responsible for it's demise. Obviously if there was a God who cared actually cared about our planet, then he certainly would'nt have allowed it to get this run down. So your right, there is no God, evolution is solely responsible for the mess we all find ourselves a part of. Thanks for your help there buddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2009, 03:16 PM
 
2,633 posts, read 4,455,872 times
Reputation: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Hey, no one's changing the topic here.
Yes you are. You are so intent on getting the atheism+evolution=unstoppable evil message on each and every single one of your posts that you can't even answer a simple question.

I feel like I'm wasting my time with these red herrings.
Seriously though, what is your point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
"Blame video games, society, and even Satan" ??? Okay, "uncle" there's no God.
That's really uncalled for you know. The news are saturated with these stories and many threads on CD have been opened to talk about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2009, 03:33 PM
 
2,255 posts, read 4,803,551 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Yes you are. You are so intent on getting the atheism+evolution=unstoppable evil message on each and every single one of your posts that you can't even answer a simple question.

I feel like I'm wasting my time with these red herrings.
Seriously though, what is your point?
I'm curious, there are many here who do exactly what you state is going on here in this instance. Again, you refuse to call it both ways. You've seen my posts against religion. I'm certainly not blind and stupid as to the failings of many of the rediculous religious stuff out there and I call them on it. I never try to cover up their dirt. but yet not one peep or acknowledgement that your side has it's own perverted version of it's own unique Kool-aid Crowd. What are you covering up anyway ??? Fair is fair!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin
That's really uncalled for you know. The news are saturated with these stories and many threads on CD have been opened to talk about this.
Hey, you're the one that brought it up. don't like, then leave it alone. Think I have it all wrong when I say your side has ZERO answers for helping mankind, then have the guts to open a thread and tell it like it is and how atheistic Secularism will save this planet. It's when you clam up that people are forced to speculate. Both sides have their dirt and both sides have people who are against the dirt and for good moral issues. The problem with many of your posters here is that every thing about a belief in God is ignorant, stupid, delusional and every other kind of kinky expression they can use without being banned and everything on your side is the pure honest truth. Start dumping those math books which got us in the financial mess that exists today and open up history books enlighten folks about the dirty little paper trial that characterizes your side as well. Call it both ways. I do and you can't deny that. I've even defended your position or post in places where it warranted it.

I think it's safe to say that's water under the bridge now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,446,525 times
Reputation: 258
Question God is love as fear then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post

Your morality doesn't necessarily have to change if you become an atheist but you really need to ask yourself whether you do good because it's the right thing to do, because you like being treated well by others or because you get kicks out of doing evil but fear divine retribution.

People just love to rationalize away evil, to find excuses for being bad, to blame others(video games, society and even Satan) but we all make our own choices
Well, it is also important to know other people, because they as much as feel it that they can't change It. It is not even blaming things and fellows about It. We are responsible primarily for commitments out of control, and like Nuclear Weapons we can treat these as 'God'. There are serious commitments based on straight feeling we can't change It, and there are also commitments based on fear of the action required to find out that "the God" after-all exists everywhere Changeing love and life.

Nobody is afraid of finding our God doesn't exist, like nuclear weapons are no longer being notably preliferated in national defence strategies. The fear is that we are motivated to do deeds for one another whether we love each other or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top