U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,579,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Yep! That's a good way of stating is Miss Blue!!

As long as the needy of this world cannot perceive - and i know what i am talking about - your role-modeling as TRUTH including them, forgive me having doubts..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 AM

7,088 posts, read 12,696,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Are you looking for an answer or are you here just to flame ? Seriously..

Osama doesn't use the bible, he uses the Koran ... completely different book. How he interprets the Koran is also said to be wrong by Muslims. That has nothing to do with your question regarding Psalms .. which are poetry and song.

When you say "watch the sun rise" do you mean the sun actually rises?? No, because the sun doesn't move, the Earth moves. We say sunrise from our perspective. When you say "four corners of the Earth" does the earth really have four corners? No, because it is a sphere. The same literary principle applies to the verse you posted.
Well, actually.... the sun also moves, for the same reason that science used to determine the big bang theory, all celestial bodies, not the small stuff, but the big stuff, is moving away from the sun. The sun is traveling through space away from the point of origin with objects traveling at different velocities, just as schrapnel of differing masses move farther away from the blast point at different rates of speed, up to a point, the lighter stuff travels faster, the heaver stuff travels slower. Yeah, I know, you can throw a baseball farther and faster than you can a feather-thats because we have atmosphere to act as a brake-resistance, there taint much resistance in space. There may not be weight, but...there is still mass, if launched from the same explosion, a baseball would fly further than a bowling ball and a bowling ball would travel further than a house. If you were tiny and were sitting on the bowling ball, the baseball would be going away from you, so would the house (actually since the bowling ball has less mass, it will be going faster than the house), but, the visible effect, from the perspective of the bowling ball, is that the house is also going away from the bowling ball - falling behind.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Well, actually.... the sun also moves, for the same reason that science used to determine the big bang theory, all celestial bodies, not the small stuff, but the big stuff, is moving away from the sun. The sun is traveling through space away from the point of origin with objects traveling at different velocities, just as schrapnel of differing masses move farther away from the blast point at different rates of speed, up to a point, the lighter stuff travels faster, the heaver stuff travels slower. Yeah, I know, you can throw a baseball farther and faster than you can a feather-thats because we have atmosphere to act as a brake-resistance, there taint much resistance in space. There may not be weight, but...there is still mass, if launched from the same explosion, a baseball would fly further than a bowling ball and a bowling ball would travel further than a house. If you were tiny and were sitting on the bowling ball, the baseball would be going away from you, so would the house (actually since the bowling ball has less mass, it will be going faster than the house), but, the visible effect, from the perspective of the bowling ball, is that the house is also going away from the bowling ball - falling behind.

wow, you just took the picture out of my mind before i could retrieve my own vocab for it..

Old 02-18-2009, 07:19 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,709,520 times
To the OP: do you imagine that a completely updated version of the Bible would be inspirational to anyone? I myself would not like to have a story about some battle from the Vietnam War inserted in place of the description of the Battle of Jericho, for instance.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:41 PM

... or the feminist adaptation to their master-piece!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:16 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,990,320 times
in contrary , with same subject , allah said in the quran

27-88 - Thou seest the mountains and thinkest them firmly fixed: while it pass away as the clouds pass away: (such is) the artistry of God, who disposes of all things in perfect order: for He is well acquainted with all that ye do.

how miraculous words of quran is !!!!!!!!!!!!!! , it is unchallengable

does anyone wanna to know why quran used the example of movement of clouds specifically !!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:30 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,990,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
never heard a figure of speech before?

Pound sand?
Hit the road?
Raining cats and dogs?

Do those things literally mean those things? Or are they just figures of speech?
but the problem is that you consider these words divine words or inspired by God
if this is really inspired by God , so he isn't the God who created the universe
that's my personal openion by the way

Old 02-19-2009, 06:48 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,794,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW123 View Post
There are lots of those "interpretations", and lots of "interpreters". Bin Laden was one of those "interpreters". To him, everything in the scriptures can be explained as martyrdom duties.

To say earth has a divined foundation is plain stupid.
To say there is no God simply because Chairman Mao held a gun to your head is also stupid.

This is merely a lame attempt to ressurect an old outdated arguement that itself has no foundation. You never had an interest from the start at understanding , since the motive and sought after goal was only to tear down and destroy. Good luck with your new world order.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:38 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW123 View Post
.(Koran needs updating too. But there are no Koran people around)
you want to correct God

any way
show me

Old 02-19-2009, 11:45 AM

4,669 posts, read 3,899,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
but the problem is that you consider these words divine words or inspired by God
if this is really inspired by God , so he isn't the God who created the universe
that's my personal openion by the way
The writers were inspired, but in very few places of the Bible are the words dictated word for word.

God allowed the writers to put some of their own styles into it. He also allowed them to speak in language that would be understood by the people of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality