U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 02:12 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,166,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
At a soul level we choose to be born.
What evidence do you have for this outrageous statement?

Quote:
No one is born by accident.
My kids were, both of them.

Quote:
God doesn't make anyone do anything, including being born. We have free will. We come into life as a choice. We choose to be born, we choose our parents, we choose our ethnicity and culture, we choose the country and circumstances we are born into.
Again...pretty outrageous statement. Nobody would choose to be a drooling, mindless lump of vegetative human matter. Nobody would choose to be born anencephalic, et cetera...

Quote:
No one can know, except that person and God, what that person's soul agenda is, their blueprint for coming into this life. But the life circumstances each one of us choose are selected specifically, like an individualized study plan tailor-made to suit what that soul hopes to accomplish in this given lifetime.

There are no victims. There are no mistakes.
Yes there are, and yes there are. No victims? Tell that to someone like Caylee Anthony or Erica Green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 02:36 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,861,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Same could be said of alcoholism, pedophilia, other sexual addictions of any kind, compulsive gambling....etc......

We are more than animals. We have minds, and consciences.
Animals have minds and consciousness as well.

My dog clearly knows who I am and clearly gets sad when tell him he's been bad or when I take a toy away from him. I can say "where's your ducky?" and he'll frantically look around the house for it (even though I threw it away months ago because he tore it open) for a LONG time before he'll give up. He can also do about 15 tricks and recognizes many words, including "look", "dog", "treat", "sit", "stay", "lie down", hi-five" and he can count to three by slapping my hand with his paw that number of times. Are you saying he could do that if he DIDN'T have a mind or consciousness?

What about the traumatized pets who were abused?

We are no different than animals except that some of us are smarter...though clearly not all.

If "god" created us all in his image, then he would be a addiction-riddled fatty with wildly deviant sexual tendencies and the capacity for heinous acts like rape, murder and torture. Yeah, sounds like someone I would LOVE to worship. And if we're not in his image, the whole idea that "God" created us all is a complete and utter sham. Which is it?

Old 02-18-2009, 02:50 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,920,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Where do they fit into the "No, people are not born gay/Yes, people are born gay" argument?

Why exactly would God create such people considering the bible says God created both male and female and not some combination?
Sin has saturated this world so much that mistakes happen in genetic codes, illnesses, choices and so on. Gods intent was for all to be perfect but due to mans perversion over 6000 years some things have gotten screwy in the genetic code.

As for someone being born gay or staight there is no medical evidence for someone being born either way and the statement earlier of a gay man having more female hormones or a gay woman having more male hormones is a myth and not factual. If that were the case then gay men would be growing breasts and have less hair on their bodies and gay females would have very little breasts if any and more body hair.

All the evidence points to it being a choice, just as the hermaphrodite chooses which sex he/she will identify themselves with and they do have mixed hormones to lead either life.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:08 PM

604 posts, read 964,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Sin has saturated this world so much that mistakes happen in genetic codes, illnesses, choices and so on. Gods intent was for all to be perfect but due to mans perversion over 6000 years some things have gotten screwy in the genetic code.

As for someone being born gay or staight there is no medical evidence for someone being born either way and the statement earlier of a gay man having more female hormones or a gay woman having more male hormones is a myth and not factual. If that were the case then gay men would be growing breasts and have less hair on their bodies and gay females would have very little breasts if any and more body hair.

All the evidence points to it being a choice, just as the hermaphrodite chooses which sex he/she will identify themselves with and they do have mixed hormones to lead either life.
What kind of 'perversion' produces hermaphrodite children, Robin? What kind of possible perversion do you think the parents participated in to produce such children?

Old 02-18-2009, 03:19 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,166,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post

Who ARE you people?!

Old 02-18-2009, 03:22 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,920,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
What kind of 'perversion' produces hermaphrodite children, Robin? What kind of possible perversion do you think the parents participated in to produce such children?
I am speaking of the saturation of sin over the years. Look at what Christ said to the disciples concerning the blind man. He told them that it was not a particular sin or even the fault of the parents.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM

4,669 posts, read 3,931,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
no. they don't.

Quote:

My dog clearly knows who I am and clearly gets sad when tell him he's been bad or when I take a toy away from him.
He reacts submissive to you because he realizes you're the alpha dog.
Quote:

I can say "where's your ducky?" and he'll frantically look around the house for it (even though I threw it away months ago because he tore it open) for a LONG time before he'll give up.
And that means he has a conscience? He is self-aware?
Quote:

He can also do about 15 tricks and recognizes many words, including "look", "dog", "treat", "sit", "stay", "lie down", hi-five" and he can count to three by slapping my hand with his paw that number of times. Are you saying he could do that if he DIDN'T have a mind or consciousness?
Training and conditioning is different than the ability to reason and self-awareness. He does not have a conscience--he doesn't know right from wrong--he only knows what he'll get punished for, or rewarded for.
Quote:
What about the traumatized pets who were abused?
what about them? They've been mistreated and conditioned to react to certain treatment with certain behavior.
Quote:
We are no different than animals except that some of us are smarter...though clearly not all.

If "god" created us all in his image, then he would be a addiction-riddled fatty with wildly deviant sexual tendencies and the capacity for heinous acts like rape, murder and torture. Yeah, sounds like someone I would LOVE to worship. And if we're not in his image, the whole idea that "God" created us all is a complete and utter sham. Which is it?
When the human race was created we didn't have the issues we do now. It's our sin that results in these issues.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:32 PM

604 posts, read 964,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
When the human race was created we didn't have the issues we do now. It's our sin that results in these issues.
And what sin does the child within the womb commit to 'result in issues?'

Old 02-18-2009, 07:09 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,468,187 times
kdbrich wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6

no. they don't.
Ok, so you're saying that an intelligent animal like a dog who clearly exhibits an awareness of it's own existence and obviously can interact with human beings at a very intelligent level doesn't even have a mind or is conscious of itself? If you were to look into the skull of a dog you'd find a functioning brain so your statement is obviously false.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:09 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,866,574 times
I'd be the first to admit that I missed something...but it seems to me that a lot of people have gotten way off topic by equating "hermaphrodite" with "gay." A hermaphrodite is a being with the sexual organs of both male and female. That doesn't mean homosexual. And at the same time, a male or a female being homosexual makes neither a hermaphrodite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality