Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:25 PM

605 posts, read 1,107,384 times

Advertisements

Where do they fit into the "No, people are not born gay/Yes, people are born gay" argument?

Why exactly would God create such people considering the bible says God created both male and female and not some combination?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 04:53 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Doesn't the Bible say "So God created humans in his image. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female"

So does that mean god is an hermaphrodite or is god really a God and a Goddess?

Perhaps females were made in the image of Asherah, Yahweh's consort/wife, before the Hebrews decided they didn't like the idea of a female god anymore.

Perhaps hermaphodites are truly closer to god's image than any man or woman can be?

Or maybe god just made a mistake?

I'm sure someone will come in and say that because of A and E's original sin, mankind has degenerated and been corrupted or something like that, so that's why hermaphrodites are born - nothing to do with god, because he doesn't make mistakes etc.

It must be all Eve's fault....

Old 02-18-2009, 06:39 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Where do they fit into the "No, people are not born gay/Yes, people are born gay" argument?

Why exactly would God create such people considering the bible says God created both male and female and not some combination?

Are they truly both? Or is it that they have a mutation that would make it appear that way?

Ultimately yes--God allows it. Why? I don't know.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:57 AM

605 posts, read 1,107,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Are they truly both? Or is it that they have a mutation that would make it appear that way?

Ultimately yes--God allows it. Why? I don't know.
The first step toward wisdom?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:06 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,399,840 times
And I read before that a large portion of gay men have a higher than normal level of female hormones and the same for gay women, they have a high level of male hormones...So that would explain why they have strong feelings for the same sex...I'd like to know why god would allow this to happen if it so wrong. Is it to "test" them?! How cruel would that be.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,267 times
I went to high school with a hermaphrodite, back in the early 60's when such a thing would never be spoken of. She had male and female genitals (although her male genetalia was only half formed), but also "looked" very masculine in appearance and yet she wanted to be a "she" and she had a female name. I was one of the few who befriended her and she was, in every way except appearance, a female. I mean, she liked feminine things, was attracted to boys, etc. It was the saddest thing I could imagine. I think if she had been born in today's world there would have been surgeries and hormone therapy to correct what "god" did to her...but she was born in the 40's, like me, and was destined to a very cruel life. I do not believe god did this or even approved of it, I think it was a genetic or hormonal flaw during her conception. If in fact it was god, then shame on him!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:45 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Well, it happens, and it's natural. I think this issue just short circuits fundamentalists' brains because they can't point to verses in the Bible to justify an opinion.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,225 times
Nothing is "god's creation". There are very specific medical reasons why some people are born as hermaphrodites.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:51 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Well, it happens, and it's natural. I think this issue just short circuits fundamentalists' brains because they can't point to verses in the Bible to justify an opinion.

Same could be said of alcoholism, pedophilia, other sexual addictions of any kind, compulsive gambling....etc......

We are more than animals. We have minds, and consciences.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Same could be said of alcoholism, pedophilia, other sexual addictions of any kind, compulsive gambling....etc......
All of which are ultimately under the control of the person who has one of those problems. Hermaphroditism isn't a matter of mind over body.

Quote:
We are more than animals. We have minds, and consciences.
So if the hermaphrodite is just mentally strong enough, they can overcome their deformity? Good grief, what planet are you from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality