U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 01:14 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,727,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Does the phrase, "When Hell freezes over." make you think Satan controls the weather? It's just a silly saying like "A snowball in Hell."
But why would Satan freeze his own abode? That doesn't make sense! (I know, I know--four demerits and no dessert after supper for using the word "sense" in this thread).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 03:50 PM

8,163 posts, read 12,823,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
But why would Satan freeze his own abode? That doesn't make sense! (I know, I know--four demerits and no dessert after supper for using the word "sense" in this thread).
I thought mother nature controlled the thermostat!

Old 03-04-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I thought mother nature controlled the thermostat!
Correct! And whose mother is she? I'll give you one guess (hint: the OP would know right away)...

Old 03-05-2009, 05:28 PM

1,550 posts, read 2,960,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
So the 63 degree day that's forecast for tomorrow is satan's work?

Sorry...the Bible just doesn't give him that much authority.

It is implied that satan does have the power at times to affect the earth/weather. But ultimately, it's by God's choice.
No, you misunderstood my quoted. I stated that Satan does NOT have that type of control.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 PM

51 posts, read 110,559 times
People will make up all kinds of stuff regarding bad things and good things that happen. It's either Satan or God doing it according to them, depending on their mood or the point they want to make, I guess. God could be punishing people or Satan could be doing it for some reason. People will always come up with some rationalization for it. When good things happen though, they're quick to say "God did it." When bad happens, why not also assume "God did it" too? After all, you do believe he is in control, or no? Geez this god has it easy. He gets credit for all the things that he more than likely has nothing to do with. Everything makes more sense once you realize that your gods and devils are imaginary...

Old 03-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Status: "2018 need suggestions to replace google plus." (set 22 days ago)

67 posts, read 92,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evets View Post
After that encounter he possessed different people in my life at various times and I learned the hardway that the evil spirit is very intelligent and can be channeled threw people. I was quite shook up by it was an understatement. For a long while he basically pretended he could see and understand and that only CHRIST actually knew the inner mind.
I seen a lot of supernatural events during this time from the weather to UFOs and possibly what some would call a phantom or omen. Somewhere in there I was convinced by the spirit of the devil that I was under audio/visual military surveillance and that I could not tamper with or remove their devices or allow them to know I knew the devices were there because if they found out it would hurt CHRISTS plan for a secret rapture. Well the surveillance was a really excruciating situation that i really can't give you the total impact of the torture there , but it was incredible and it lasted for 2 years. It wasn't until it became so ridiculous that it would be impossible for them not to know I knew , that I figured it out. That was an Exhilarating day let me tell you.
At that time the UFOs that had plagued me night and day since the encounter with him disappeared and never returned. I lived rural and after that I moved to a more populated area.

So from real life experience , I really do know what I am talking about.
Another specific weather event, I seen was a 6 foot step ladder I had left out after painting window sill trim. I had just started seeing that the weather wasn't just by chance and a big windstorm was coming up so knowing the day was over except for listening to the wind howl I went to bed. Well when I got up that ladder that had been on the front stairs was completely upside down but yet still standing.(precision) The end of the latter that was up was down in the morning but still on the same stair. I would've expected to find it laying on the ground or across the yard.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:36 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,013,815 times
Evets, come quickly my rep points are at 6666 and I feel a burning sensation in my stomach. Could it be....?

Old 03-06-2009, 01:35 PM

4,507 posts, read 7,828,129 times
How many times are you going to post your drivers license? Don't you ever think that by looking for satan all the time, giving him credit for even ridiculous things, that you are actually INVITING him to torment you. If you go looking for something chances are you will find it, even if it isn't real.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Evets, come quickly my rep points are at 6666 and I feel a burning sensation in my stomach. Could it be....?
It could have been, but some spoilsport went and bumped your rep points over 6666. Sorry...you had your chance to start Armageddon and you let it slip away.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:56 AM
Status: "2018 need suggestions to replace google plus." (set 22 days ago)

67 posts, read 92,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
So god destroyed New Orleans becuase of something YOU did? Wow, you must be very important for god to destroy a city to get your attention.

When is there not a natural disaster or some evil being done in the world? It's always going on and one isn't the cause of the other.

No it was not destroyed for me, I was tremendouslly upset by that disaster. Before the tsunami and new orleans there were some weird supernatural things going on around me since the devil came calling like i've described, so anyway being a christian my one sure way of seperating CHRIST from satan is the personal thoughts of the mind can only be known by Christ. So with this test I said completely in my mind , IF YOUR TRULY GOD SET OFF A HARMLESS VOLCANO IN THE PACIFIC and the next day on the CTV news there was a (spot volcano ?) that erupted off the British Columbia Coast in Canada. It was more than five i think, but these miniature volcanoes on the ocean floor erupted.

However since I've found that these things are true but they are not of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality