U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 01:12 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,796,024 times

Advertisements

What if God is behind the natural disasters?

Why should it be Satan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 05:45 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,774,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
What if God is behind the natural disasters?

Why should it be Satan?
Because the OP believes so.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 PM

893 posts, read 1,354,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Numbers and place names are arbitrary in the cases you site. I'd have to call you are more superstitious than religious.

Even Art Bell wasn't that wacky, but like Evets, he was a form of entertainment.
Good ole Art, lol, He is entertaining, no doubt.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:44 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,082,760 times
The spectacular arrogance and self-centered conceit of Christianity tells us that a weather event is Satanic because? Why, because it had some bad effects on some humans, many of whom were too stupid to get out of town when warned.

Tsunamis, tornados, volcanos and earthquakes have significant positive effects on many ecosystems, stirring up nutrients, relieving stesses in geo-structures that are destined to fail in the future anyways, and a near-infinite number of other interpretations. Factual, measured and historically demonstrated results.

Only the sacrosanct and dogmatic, desperately seeking godly meaning where there clearly is none, in order to scare the logically illiterate peasants back into obedience, will blurt out interpretations where there are none, all for the purpose of glorifying non-existant deities.

Let's face it, folks: there's equal proof that Zeus is at work here. Go with it!

Old 03-31-2009, 12:53 AM

1,115 posts, read 2,796,024 times
Indeed, the idea that natural disasters are the work of Satan shows a huge ignorance about nature and how it works.

Do Christians not have any appreciation for nature in their religion? Or does it always have to go back to the same old song and dance of God, Satan, Sin........ ad nauseum.

Last edited by FunkyMonk; 03-31-2009 at 01:04 AM..

Old 03-31-2009, 04:44 AM

67 posts, read 92,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Now which MoB is that 666 or 616 or is it the bar code on the license?

All of us in SA have our thumb print and a 2 dimensional bar code (1024 bytes of information) The next batch of cards will likely have an RFID chip.

Or you can just look at the license upside down to get 999 or 919
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...-satan-666.jpg

Shortly after I moved I noticed the streetlight had blown or quit coming on for a few days and when I went out to check the pole number to report it I was a little surprised the number was 09990 . By the next night the light started working again and has been fine since.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:05 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,158,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evets View Post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...-satan-666.jpg

Shortly after I moved I noticed the streetlight had blown or quit coming on for a few days and when I went out to check the pole number to report it I was a little surprised the number was 09990 . By the next night the light started working again and has been fine since.
Amazing hey

Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 AM

Default "Mooo - (plop)"

No, Seeker, I think, more appropriately, it's "Amazing hay".

Old 03-31-2009, 09:28 AM

4,512 posts, read 6,588,165 times
yes, omg!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You gotta be pulling our legs.....Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
oh yes, by all means, please !!!!!

strange things happening here: links not working!!
Agreed, effie. C-D has been very irregular here as well. Perhaps it's a weather-related thing? Satan sees guys like me and wants us silenced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
Read psalms chapter in the Bible. God put the Earth here and controls the weather. Satan is just a bad Angel.
Seeker; really liked the weather cycle graphic! It's quite unlike the stuff I see the kids innocently reading at my wife's Church's Sunday School. Now I know why! Weather being Satan's work and all, any rational explanation MUST have an ulterior motive!

Man, just when I was getting kinda bored with religious rants by good old C34, along comes another "ringer" to entertain us. (Which may be a sorry note on our sad and lonely lives, non?)

I even rep'd "evets"; gotta encourage this!

BTW, "17271": 7 minus 1 = 6. 1 minus 7 = 6! 7 minus 2 + 1 = 6! There it IS! 666. OhmyGawd! Run!

"We saw devils dancing where none were before; we heard their incessant singing to draw us into their circle of deceit. The thunder clapped o'rhead, and good folk swooned against their wills!"

Evets, please interpret this lyric for me please! What did it's author mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality