U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 10:27 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,801,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Man, just when I was getting kinda bored with religious rants by good old C34, along comes another "ringer" to entertain us.
Bolding Alert:

Come on, we all know your sportsmanlike nature enjoys chowing down on a good "Campbell's Chunky Soup" DEBATE !!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 10:43 AM

30,040 posts, read 30,723,387 times
A song for you.....Oh my!

YouTube - Stairway to Heaven Backmasked (Satanic Lyrics)

Old 04-01-2009, 05:13 AM

67 posts, read 92,394 times
Quote:
"We saw devils dancing where none were before; we heard their incessant singing to draw us into their circle of deceit. The thunder clapped o'rhead, and good folk swooned against their wills!"

Evets, please interpret this lyric for me please! What did it's author mean?

Just a thought here but it sounds alot like HELL on earth.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,079,568 times
Default Strange Things in the Eastern Sky...

This is distinctly odd, but I'll relate it anyhow.

We've had a lot of screwball weather here in central WA St this spring. Unscheduled snow storms (It's snowing here this morning, for heaven's sake!); freak cold spells, lots of rain on rain in this desert zone; recent floods here. All oddball, and hardly "global warming"

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/110/2...87b698.jpg?v=0

So, there I was, on this very thread about weather being Satan and all (how silly, eh?), about to hit the enter key to send my latest sarcastic torpedo, and I looked up. Were I work I have a panoramic view of a large view, agricultural fields extending for, literally, miles, with a backdrop of desert mountains and sky. Facing East. It was evening, with the sun both behind the storm clouds, and also behind me, about to set in the West.

I remember going for that enter key, and then I noticed a growing bright spot in the dark cloud-covered sky to the east. It grew ever more bright, almost as if the sun was there, in the east, at the same time as it was setting behind the storm clouds behind me!

I also remember feeling like something, someone, some.... presence, was trying to talk to me, but inside my head. Not, you know, some booming old white guy's voice, saying "rifleman, you know you've been too sarcastic for too long, don't you?", but rather a kind of quiet power, really in my own person, but clearly not my mind or voice.

It was strongly admonishing me from hitting that enter key on my sarcastic anti-religion post. It was all coincident with the intensity of that eastern light.

After I moved my finger off the enter key, the light faded, and the storm resumed.

I didn't know what was going on. I was sorta humbled, because I surely don't believe in inner or outer voices. I'm wondering this morning if it wasn't some drug interaction, or?

What else could it have been?

Old 04-01-2009, 04:32 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,764,336 times
That'll learn ya! (Look at it this way: you've just picked up all the necessary qualifications to be a full-fledged Weather Prophet.)

Old 04-01-2009, 06:39 PM

33 posts, read 43,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evets View Post
I know that the weather such as the recent New Olreans disaster is of Satan , as I've seen the weather do some supernaturally (personally undeniable) things at a time satan was doing some very evil things in my life.

How many more people know or beleive that all weather is of Satan?

First, I ask you from my heart, to please get some help! Being religious is fine, but assuming that all weather on Earth is caused by some evil overlord deity who lives in an "eternal" hellfire? That's just a little bit crazy. There's no possible way for weather to be created by metaphysical forms because weather is created from many different natural cycles combined. There is no proof that Satan even exists, and there is no proof that this evil deity of yours creates the weather.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:36 PM

430 posts, read 501,349 times
Quote:
I didn't know what was going on. I was sorta humbled, because I surely don't believe in inner or outer voices. I'm wondering this morning if it wasn't some drug interaction, or?

What else could it have been?

Ooooo Ooooo. I know! I know!

What's today's date?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 AM

67 posts, read 92,394 times
It's very serious , if you consider all satan does to cause this type of damage is to decide he wants it and schedule the storm.

Effects of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

2004 Indian Ocean earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 AM

4,507 posts, read 7,837,605 times
If he can schedule the storms when he wants..why don't we have hurricanes outside of hurricane 'season'? You'd think if he wanted to be really evil we'd have big ol hurricane in January, or tornadoes would not be focused in the US...how about tornadoes in China...or does he like them better? Funny too, how those earthquakes seem to always happen along fault lines.... Come to think of it, he could do a lot more damage...messing with jet streams, setting off volcanoes and such...I don't think he's trying very hard at all.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:53 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,079,568 times
Default Smile! You're on "This Week With The Devil!" And heeeerrrrzzzz Satan!

I'd expect we should be floating (briefly) in a sea of molten red (of course...) lava, our skins crisping up in anticipation of the coming of Hell here on Earth.

Apparently he's quite selective, or really not that powerful. After all, a C130 can "seed" the clouds (glaciogenic ice seeding) to create rain downpours. I wondered why those pilots seemed to have a sort of evil grin on their faces.....

Oh look! It's a delusional cloud, and it's coming this way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality