U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 PM

4,512 posts, read 6,595,709 times

Advertisements

.... meeting you at meta café, sort of ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 02:27 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,825,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
If he can schedule the storms when he wants..why don't we have hurricanes outside of hurricane 'season'? You'd think if he wanted to be really evil we'd have big ol hurricane in January, or tornadoes would not be focused in the US...how about tornadoes in China...or does he like them better? Funny too, how those earthquakes seem to always happen along fault lines.... Come to think of it, he could do a lot more damage...messing with jet streams, setting off volcanoes and such...I don't think he's trying very hard at all.
I am very curious to see how evets responds to this. Then again, it doesn't appear that anyone can make a case to him. He just reposts that blurry image of his driver's license, with that string of numbers including three consecutive sixes, and he doesn't need any more "proof" than that (although how numbers on a driver's license relate to the weather is an issue I'm glad we haven't started exploring yet).

Old 04-02-2009, 05:40 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,098,757 times
Well, Fred, I once saw an SUV and a slit-eyed goat get sucked up by a tornado and...

Oh wait. That was in a movie... Twister. Funny.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:56 PM

24,839 posts, read 26,986,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evets View Post
I know that the weather such as the recent New Olreans disaster is of Satan , as I've seen the weather do some supernaturally (personally undeniable) things at a time satan was doing some very evil things in my life.

How many more people know or beleive that all weather is of Satan?
The actions of humans creates natural disasters. I'm not just talking about greenhouse gasses, either. When humans fully understand that EVERYTHING WE DO has an effect on the physical earth, down to our very thoughts!!!, then we will understand that our collective thoughts and actions affect the earth's weather, climate, plate tectonics, etc.

.....science has taught us that many visible effects have unseen causes. In other words, everything happens for a reason. When we see an effect in the material world, we can be sure there is a cause, and although we may not detect it with our senses, the cause is there and it is real. Science has also shown us that such hidden causes can be very complex.

The entire link is below. It is a long link, but well worth reading:

Mother Mary's Garden, Preventing natural disasters

Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 AM

4,507 posts, read 7,851,416 times
OK, everyone together now....think RAIN. Lets see what happens.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:39 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,825,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
OK, everyone together now....think RAIN. Lets see what happens.
I can tell you that it rained quite a bit here in New York City today. There were either a lot of people thinking RAIN, the Gulf Stream pushed rain clouds in our direction, or Satan was hard at work here in the northeast. It's got to be one of those three choices!

Old 04-03-2009, 08:26 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,717,959 times
I'll say it again. "evets" aka "steve" is a prankster.

But he is amusing and entertaining!

Old 04-04-2009, 10:27 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,061,460 times
I guess the odds of seeing a, "snowball in hell" have improved now that Satan is in control of the weather. That's actually good news for all of us heathens!

Old 04-04-2009, 01:58 PM

8,221 posts, read 10,991,503 times
I don't believe it for one minute. On the contrary I believe all things are from God, including bad weather. Just because I can't see the rainbow coming from it doesn't mean there isnt one.

I would think having a child abducted is a horrible path to have lived, and to have him beheaded. I can't imagine something as horrible. yet from the actions of a demented mind, and the sacrifice of a boy and a family, hundreds and thousands of families have been spared from the paths of many people of misguided actions. Would you say that was from the devil? something miraculous came from it. I don't personally follow a belief in a devil and if I did that too would have come from God. Is not the devil the inherent ability we have to do ill towards another? I look around and see people choosing to live in "hell" they don't need the threat of eternal damnation they live it... the truth is, they can stop it at any time.

I think it is far more positive to see God in all things, than satan. why waste so much energy. Live a good life, treat others with love and kindness, Serve, live a life free of desires, and be happy.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:04 PM

3,633 posts, read 4,273,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evets View Post
I know that the weather such as the recent New Olreans disaster is of Satan , as I've seen the weather do some supernaturally (personally undeniable) things at a time satan was doing some very evil things in my life.

How many more people know or beleive that all weather is of Satan?
I believe "natural things" are nature... and while God doesn't control nature, it doesn't have anything to do with Satan either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality