Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 01:54 PM

285 posts, read 297,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
No, weather is cyclical, we have good weather and we have bad weather and we have good weather and we have bad weather............

I seriously think that tomorrows expected blizzard is due to someone somewhere in the world being gay. Grow up!

Homosexuality is a naturally occurring thing in nature and it's not limited to humans either. Do a little research.
pamelaBeurman, believe , what I said was true. you do know, beyond of every happening in the universe is a metaphysical hand. In the history , god expunged a collection of cities with all those population from earth, due to doing this forbidden action while he didn't destroyed anywhere because of doing illegal marriage, although this action itself is a great sin too. Also when homosexuality and illegal marriage become an usual usage in a society , appear some unknown and fetal maladies in that area. Therefore I warned West must be cleaned and refined of these two fetal action to be secured by god and I don't know another remedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Um, those twinkly thingies are called stars, yet another natural phenomenon.
No for all

Old 12-18-2011, 03:11 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Well, if you believe otherwise, Manss, you truly are iliterate and ill-informed.

What else are those twinkly little things up there pray tell?

A previous poster from about 1 year ago (we called her YSM for short) assured us that the sun was in fact a collection of mirrors hung by the angels "to focus the heavenly light, and maketh it to shineth upon us..." blah blah blah.

This look like a collection of mirrors to you, Manss?

Image Detail for - http://0.tqn.com/d/space/1/7/q/6/1/prominence.gif

... or does this one suit your mindset better????

Image Detail for - http://pictureofsun.com/images/The-Sun-In-Space.jpg

(sigh....) we pays our money and makes our choices, neh? Some choices are better than others of course....

Old 12-19-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Well, if you believe otherwise, Manss, you truly are iliterate and ill-informed.
first of all ,what I say is due to my extremely knowledge and information about themes that you are not aware of those and pay not attention to.I am an expert theologian that am working by my rationally and developed sense. I know god ,his attribute , his morality and his traditions enough within my intellect and talent capacity, but it is necessary say : I have learned English recently via people in English websites and I hope get better by and by .....

Quote:
What else are those twinkly little things up there pray tell?
GOD !!.......

Quote:
A previous poster from about 1 year ago (we called her YSM for short) assured us that the sun was in fact a collection of mirrors hung by the angels "to focus the heavenly light, and maketh it to shineth upon us..." blah blah blah.
This look like a collection of mirrors to you, Manss?
These are some fictional story which is made by some humans imagine ......

God say : "we described all thing based on Science "......

Quote:
(sigh....) we pays our money and makes our choices, neh?
I couldn't interpret this aphorism ....

Old 12-19-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Really? Are we talking the Christian god here?

If the worst sin is homosexuality, why is homosexuality not addressed in the 10 commandments?

I would think that if it was the #1 sin, above all others, it would have been mentioned in that set of instructions.
fishbrains, my duty and humanity ordered me to say what was vital and necessary to say.The West society is like a big gas tank now which is increased to its pressure every moment and that pressure is this actions in the society. Majority of people don't do such immorality but they are either imperturbable or apathetic against these crimes so this peoples' state will irritate god surely.

God explains about "Lot" when he inhabited his folk to stop this fatal sin (homosexuality) : " and Lot, who said to his nation: 'do you commit such indecency (sodomy) in a way that no one has preceded you in the worlds? (80) you approach men lustfully instead of women. truly, you are a nation who exceed (in sin). ' (81) the only answer of his nation was: 'expel them from your village. they are people who keep themselves purified. ' (82) we saved him and all his family, except his wife, who was made to remain, (83)
and we rained down upon them a rain. so look how was the end of the evildoers. (84) "

As you see God perished a folk wholly because of " homosexuality " which they did

Old 12-19-2011, 08:38 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
fishbrains, my duty and humanity ordered me to say what was vital and necessary to say.The West society is like a big gas tank now which is increased to its pressure every moment and that pressure is this actions in the society. Majority of people don't do such immorality but they are either imperturbable or apathetic against these crimes so this peoples' state will irritate god surely.

God explains about "Lot" when he inhabited his folk to stop this fatal sin (homosexuality) : " and Lot, who said to his nation: 'do you commit such indecency (sodomy) in a way that no one has preceded you in the worlds? (80) you approach men lustfully instead of women. truly, you are a nation who exceed (in sin). ' (81) the only answer of his nation was: 'expel them from your village. they are people who keep themselves purified. ' (82) we saved him and all his family, except his wife, who was made to remain, (83)
and we rained down upon them a rain. so look how was the end of the evildoers. (84) "

As you see God perished a folk wholly because of " homosexuality " which they did
Right so explain why we have no tsunamis, hurricanes (cyclones in the southern hemisphere) earthquakes or any other natural disaster here in South Africa? Gay marriage is legal here since 1995ish. Nothing has happened untoward since then.

You call yourself a theologian but methinks you are a quack. You have no idea of the real story of Sodom and Gomorrah, just what your incorrect translation covers. For someone claiming to be a theologian, your knowledge is pretty scant.

Natural disasters are natural, no gods responsible. We know what causes them and we know how weather works.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:

All of which avoids my first question. Most Christians seem to view the 10 commandments as some sort of prime directive. Yet, they make no mention of the worst sin, as you put it.

So, we are left with a few thoughts. Either Christians are wrong, and the 10 Cs are really not that big a deal, the Bible in internally inconsistent, or you are just plain wrong.

I am actually going to vote for all three.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Right so explain why we have no tsunamis, hurricanes (cyclones in the southern hemisphere) earthquakes or any other natural disaster here in South Africa? Gay marriage is legal here since 1995ish. Nothing has happened untoward since then.

You call yourself a theologian but methinks you are a quack. You have no idea of the real story of Sodom and Gomorrah, just what your incorrect translation covers. For someone claiming to be a theologian, your knowledge is pretty scant.

Natural disasters are natural, no gods responsible. We know what causes them and we know how weather works.
well, If my claiming was false and I am not a small theologian.......so I am interested you explain more and better than me , may I compare this both comment and rich to a right result and come out from doubt .....say what you know

Old 12-19-2011, 01:38 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,045,428 times
Quote:

Where are you quoting this "Lot" story from? Certainly not from the Book of Genesis - where it is found.

Despite the later interpretation you are putting forward, in an "Always-So-Story", the plain sense of the text found in Genesis condemns the inhabitants of Sodom more for their inhospitality, than for their sexual habits. Immediately prior to the episode, the dichotomy is shown in how Abraham treats his 3 guests (not knowing, at first, their divine status) and how Lot treats his 2 guests (not knowing, at first, their divine status) and how the city treats the 2 messengers.

A further correlation is shown in the tale in the Book of Judges in which the inhospitality of the Benjamites is shown in the Priest/Concubine Story that started the massacre of the Benjamites.

So - going from a plain reading of the text, you are incorrect when you claim that "God perished a folk wholly because of 'homosexuality' which they did". Only by ignoring this plain sense, it's Ancient Near Eastern context and using a much later interpretation - can you insist that it's "wholly" about homosexuality. That may have been a factor - but it was not the most important factor, if the Book of Genesis is to be trusted.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
All of which avoids my first question. Most Christians seem to view the 10 commandments as some sort of prime directive. Yet, they make no mention of the worst sin, as you put it.

So, we are left with a few thoughts. Either Christians are wrong, and the 10 Cs are really not that big a deal, the Bible in internally inconsistent, or you are just plain wrong.

I am actually going to vote for all three.
fishbrains , I bring an example out of all religions and opinions logically although gods explanation is enough to coming back from this dangerous situation (gods anger area).
Have you seen any jackass jump on other jackass in nature ? or other animals do such ? May it has been happened rarely in some places which there had not been any jennet for lust and copulation but generally animals doesn't perform such unnaturally action because a jackass innately understand other jackasses are not suitable for copulation and offspring. So how human can do such vain act while he is upon of all creatures due to his wisdom and dignity ?if 10 command has been delivered behalf god , those should boost value of humanity no human move in opposite way to it. I have heard when a man does such unlawful action heaven start shaking and it provoke anger of lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality